Bringing Change

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
58 posts Page 3 of 4
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:59 pm


sniperbro wrote:
We can't just "give" someone bns leadership.
thats literally what happened twice so far with aos
LeCom
Post Demon
Post Demon
Posts: 866
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 8:07 am


Kuunikal wrote:
sniperbro wrote:
We can't just "give" someone bns leadership.
We have to find someone who really cares about the game - I'd say aloha.pk Sysadmins. It's actually a pretty active community still and I have a feeling they could help revive BnS.
Dude what is this bullshit you're writing, BnS currently IS ruled by aloha admins and aloha is what BnS should stay away from the furthest rn. Well, it's not like a change of leadership would ever happen, but if it was RoT taking over, I would be afraid of BnS getting trolled hard :d
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am


A new gamemode like TTT would be cool. You need something new like gamemodes or maps to give people a reason to want to continue playing.
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:59 pm


rot was already in charge once
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder
Posts: 4220
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:40 pm


Kuunikal wrote:
sniperbro wrote:
We can't just "give" someone bns leadership.
We have to find someone who really cares about the game - I'd say aloha.pk Sysadmins. It's actually a pretty active community still and I have a feeling they could help revive BnS.
are you retarded or is this a huge troll
aloha is currently running bns
aloha is the reason bns is dead
LeFizzy
Deuced Up
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:27 am


Ahola.pk have 6 big kahunas with avatar on their staff list.
If you divide the number with 2(back to the year,when everything dead).
You're maybe.. get 3. buildthenshit have 3 sites.
Ahola is buildandshit. Buildthenshit comfirmed.
Kuunikal
Deuced Up
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:37 pm


Zekamalikyd wrote:
Kuunikal wrote:
sniperbro wrote:
We can't just "give" someone bns leadership.
We have to find someone who really cares about the game - I'd say aloha.pk Sysadmins. It's actually a pretty active community still and I have a feeling they could help revive BnS.
are you retarded or is this a huge troll
aloha is currently running bns
aloha is the reason bns is dead
Well no shit. But if they migrated to THESE forums as well, then it wouldn't be as dead because management would be here too.
Sniper101
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:14 am


Green_Surprised2 Green_Surprised2 Green_Surprised2 Green_Surprised2



Blue_Wink1 Blue_Wink1
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:47 pm


We need new management not just of this website, but also of the servers.
As long as aloha.pk has players on it we won't be able to change much, so start hosting more servers and include this script;replace warn_admin with kick.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am


Lincent wrote:
We need new management not just of this website, but also of the servers.
As long as aloha.pk has players on it we won't be able to change much, so start hosting more servers and include this script;replace warn_admin with kick.
But
Lincent wrote:
Turns out several servers use this but somehow hacks have found a way around this.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:47 pm


We still need to out server the aloha.pk servers.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 am


But
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder
Posts: 4220
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:40 pm


Kuunikal wrote:
Zekamalikyd wrote:
Kuunikal wrote:
sniperbro wrote:
We can't just "give" someone bns leadership.
We have to find someone who really cares about the game - I'd say aloha.pk Sysadmins. It's actually a pretty active community still and I have a feeling they could help revive BnS.
are you retarded or is this a huge troll
aloha is currently running bns
aloha is the reason bns is dead
Well no shit. But if they migrated to THESE forums as well, then it wouldn't be as dead because management would be here too.
they won't and why should they, those forums are thriving while this is dead
would you switch, you massive mong?
Hoxton
League Participant
League Participant
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:52 am


This forum looks better imo :s
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:52 pm


Mr.Torch wrote:
A new gamemode like TTT would be cool. You need something new like gamemodes or maps to give people a reason to want to continue playing.
We need a rifle that can actually hit shit and you cannot fix that from the serverside.
Lincent wrote:
replace warn_admin with kick.
Don't do this bit. It likes to spew false positives.

If you actually want to do this, set up an IRC channel, get some actual admins, and check for warnings from time to time - possibly get a highlight set up for the "TO ADMINS" message.

The scripts that Aloha uses (and Minit used to use) are notably more impressive than aimbot2.py, but they're mostly private. I'm not sure if they will ever officially release them. You'd have to ask a_girl if he's OK with it.

I'll tell you what they at least used to detect:
* Norecoil (this was pretty much critical, but you mostly had to follow up)
* Killsnaps (the detection for this was kinda shit)
* Multibullet#
* Nospread on#

Stuff marked with # indicates that it will automatically ban you if you do this enough to get it over the threshold. If you actually use the hacks you're a fucking idiot for downloading hacks, and a fucking idiot relative to other fucking idiots for enabling those specific hacks.

Also, do it on 0.76 at the very least. The rifle spread is less shit.
LeCom wrote:
but if it was RoT taking over, I would be afraid of BnS getting trolled hard :d
One day Enari was drunk and gave ReubenMcHawk admin on Minit. As it turns out, he actually does a pretty good job as an admin.
58 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests