Bringing Change

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
58 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

Alphamoonman recently uploaded this video. I agree with everything he says about the community.

He talks about how the community needs to do something rather than 'moping' around and doing nothing. It's true, he has a point. We're just going to die off if we don't do something soon.
Also, on a personal thought...

Also, about those mods like Willy returning, what ever happened to that? Almost a week after they posted they would try to moderate things, they disappeared.
Last edited by Kuunikal on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

who the fuck is alphamoonman
LeCom

A video with your shadow in it is an extremely retarded way to tell people something. If he wrote it down like a normal and literate human, some people might actually consider reading it.
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

Factoring in what LeCom said, please post a transcript here, so we can read it at our own pace w/o wasting ~20MB or however much it takes to download the video section of what is ultimate an audio track of what is ultimately text.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

[bns talk starts here] I just want this to be an update based on Build and Shoot, uhm, it's just that, I, I want the community to be back where it was and it's not gonna be anywhere close to that if we don't do something, and it seems like I'm the only guy (zeka's note: no you're not, retards keep trying to revive this every month.) that really tries and starts to do something (zeka's note: what exactly is this something) and then everybody else just moping around because, I don't know (zeka's note: exactly you don't know so why does this video exist) just 'cause they're mop- they can't- just because they can mope, which doesn't mean it's ok, for some reason everybody thinks it's ok to mope around and do nothing, because at some point it's either going to die or it's going to live (zeka's note: this community is neither alive or dead, it's somewhere in between. mostly because retards don't let it die) and guess how it lives, by the community! And a good example is the game Total Annihilation as you've seen on my channel. The game has been community run for many years and it has something going for it, it has tournaments (zeka's note: we too have had tournaments. but it died so that's why they stopped. not the other way around.) and has many people doing videos on it. And that's probably how- why it keeps its popularity. (zeka's note: never heard of the game, so i'm guessing its level of popularity is relatively low.) It has physics, and that's a big thing (zeka's note: what) like RTS games especially way back then, something about TA is that it was easy to pick up but hard to put down (zeka's note: some fumbling) but there was also an intermediate range of also picking it up, like it wasn't too easy but it was pretty easy I guess.
So what does BnS have going for it, you may ask and I'm going to say it's easy to pick up and hard to put down and I'm sure many people share that opinion (zeka's note: well because there's literally only 2 mechanics to it, shooting and building, not much else) that it's not easy to put down, there's something that makes it addicting, (zeka's note: maybe the simplicity, you're not bombarded by "YOU GOT A KILL") I don't know what, maybe it's the gun sounds, the gun skins, the people, like there's many voxel first person shooters out there (zeka's note: and they're all either shit and dead, or shit and dying) with building, but I think the one thing that gets me is how great the building is, I don't know- Easy to pick up, hard to put down kind of thing going on here especially with building which I love the most and you can shoot down blocks that you build and there's all sorts of ways to do it (zeka's note: not really) and it really gets to me and that's why I wanna save it (zeka's note: it's beyond saving, kiddo), and the community is dying. I wasn't there for how active it was back then, I wasn't there when there was hackers, hackers everywhere, and I understand that's a big problem but easy to pick up hard to put down and hacking makes it no fun (zeka's note: no shit sherlock) I've hacked before and I don't like it one bit, (zeka's note: why the fuck did you hack then?) it makes it no fun, makes it easy to put down and that's not what I want and that's what nobody wants (zeka's note: except me. fucking leave. let it die. it had it's time) so the way to get out of this problem is the youtuber uprising, I say that every little BnS guys just start making videos, maybe a few people will start up channels and make videos focusing on BnS and they do their best, and I've talked to them about it and I encouraged them just how easy it is and how simple it is and how cheap it is. I have not spent a single dime on my youtube channel and I think it's downright awesome that I can get famous (zeka's note: you're delusional) as I am right now for free. I thought becoming famous was gonna cost money so youtuber uprising I also want the forums to be much more active, I mean they are more active than the servers are played (zeka's note: more fumbling) they are active but they aren't as they could be, nothing about skins anymore. I don't know if they're hard to make or if they're easy to make but skins should be a popular thing again. I've been told that it was a popular thing, and if it was popular and it brought people let's bring people by popularizing skins. (zeka's note: fumbling)
I want a community made gameplay trailer that would feature all these cool gamemodes that is so competitive and it's one of the reasons it's so easy to pick up and hard to put down (zeka's note: how exactly), such as babel or push, (zeka's note: get's sidetracked talking about push)
I just want it back to where it was so I can see where it was (zeka's note: selfish as fuck reason to revive this) and I can be on top of it (zeka's note: you're disgusting.) [bns talk ends here]

no need to fucking thank me it didn't take like 30 minutes or anything
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

There, I summarized it.

@zeka Thanks for the beautiful transcript.
AWhiteGuy
League Participant
League Participant

I kind of assumed that this was pretty commonly known but people just don't give enough fucks to do anything
Shitposting is also way more fun than fixing stuff
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

Thanks for your noble sacrifice, zeka.

> I also want the forums to be much more active, I mean they are more active than the servers are played
That's... odd. I thought it was the other way around. Maybe it has more to do with the kinds of people who are on the servers.
AWhiteGuy wrote:
I kind of assumed that this was pretty commonly known but people just don't give enough fucks to do anything
As one of the people who gave enough fucks to do something, the way this place is run, you're basically discouraged from ever doing anything other than 0.75. And I've learnt to hate 0.75. So the people who actually gave enough fucks to do something pretty much stopped trying.

We're still around, but we hardly visit this place.
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

Marisa Kirisame wrote:
As one of the people who cared to do something, the way this place is run, you're basically discouraged from ever doing anything other than 0.75. And I've learnt to hate 0.75. So the people who actually cared enough to do something pretty much stopped trying.

We're still around, but we hardly visit this place.
Why have you stopped? Sure, this place is discouraging, but I mean, if you created something really good for the game (like a new client that is open source or something, kind of like what yvt did) and posted it, I'm sure people would start to actually care.
Last edited by Kuunikal on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

Kuunikal wrote:
Why have you stopped? Sure, this place is discouraging, but I mean, if you created something really good for the game (like a new client that is open source or something, kind of like what yvt did) and posted it, I'm sure people would start to give a shit.
If anything you said was true, we would all be playing Iceball.
noobofspades
Deuced Up

i swear this is cancer, every time some dumb kid shuts up about bns resurrecting like jesus, a new one metastasizes
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

lets all encourage M28 to stop rolling in agar.io money and force him to continue working on voxel combat^tm the only true saviour of bns
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

not even ben could bring it back now

rip ben
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

My respect for Alphamoonman is gone now.
No wait, I didn't respect him in the first place.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I think the reason why Alphamoonman made the video is, that he was trying to initiate some kind of comeback of community by creating some trailer videos, well he didnt succeed.. unfortunately, people didnt care and nobody really helped him with the trailer including myself :( (original post here)
And again.. how do you help now by saying the frequently used phrases like "rip ben" or "rip dan" or "retarded way to tell people something". Maybe the OP would talk and would explain it if you guys tried to be less sarcastic about it.
58 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”