Programming Language?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
TheRedPirate
Deuce

what programming language does AoS use?

(i have been offline due to housing issues)
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

there is a programming language for it, but it's actually more for VoxLap, the voxel game engine software. Ben just built AoS off of voxlap
LeCom

The client is written in C. The Voxlap engine (actually more like a library) is written partly in C++, but that can be reduced to C; the most important parts of it are written in x86 Assembler with the MMX extension. The original server included in the AoS package should be written in C too, the server software mainly used today, PySnip, is written in Cython - a mix of C++, Python and a transitioning language to connect both.
ATHEISTs_r_us
Banned

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:02 pmLeCom wrote:
The Voxlap engine (actually more like a library) is written partly in C++, but that can be reduced to C
Not decidably
LeCom

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pmATHEISTs_r_us wrote:
The Voxlap engine (actually more like a library) is written partly in C++, but that can be reduced to C
Not decidably
Engresh pls
Also, my Voxlap "fork" can be compiled as pure C.
ATHEISTs_r_us
Banned

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:52 pmLeCom wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pmATHEISTs_r_us wrote:
Not decidably
Engresh pls
C++ templates make a reduction to C uncomputable, unless you're allowed to use the C++ compiler as an oracle.
THE_ATHEIST
Deuce

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:52 pmLeCom wrote:
yeah fucking right. Do you even know what pure C is? Unless your fucking fork uses the routines in stdio.h to interface with the user (in which case, lol, good luck getting anyone to play it), how can it be pure C?
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”