We need more players... we need more steam!

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
57 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Steam is a very good idea. What's also needed is good looking branding, a game that is feature complete, and a reason for people to play. Hear me out on this one.

Most people are over the minecraft craze rn, yet there is still millions of people playing minecraft, hence there's a large audience for voxel based games. Despite OS's basically broken-ness, there's still demand for it. 8000+ downloads for my mods don't lie.

So the new-not-quite AoS should be apart from the others, have low system demands (which is basically the core tenant of old AoS) and *play well*. The others are shit. I enjoyed OS while I did, but as soon as you jump into another game, paid or not, there's simply much more of a complete looking and playing game.

If there's a new project going on, count me in. UI and Models if I can. :)

Also $100 isn't a problem.
LeCom

I'd say too that OS just has the wrong priorities to be a decent base for a new game (also, is it even still being developed?).
In general, I really think that the voxel FPS genre is completely exploited. There are at least 10 fakes, plus strong money-supported competition (you know, money rules the world) and market manipulation by jagex. So if you really want to revive AoS, you need lots of hobbyless players, competent coders and talented modders. Plus, a shitton of motivation, which BnS certainly lacks right now. And you might need to somehow reunite the ideological groups that BnS divided into.

Okay, from draming back on earth. I had had the idea of a tutorial server a while ago, and actually have the means of setting one up (just not sure about the server hardware/VPS), but I'd need something to counter the guarantee that it will be empty ,even if it will be playable alone.
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

This is a great idea for improving flow into Ace of Spades. Would 0.x be mentioned or advertised on the steam page, assuming it focuses on OS?
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Most of the people that were in this community that knew/know how to program work on Iceball and AFAIK don't want anything to do with helping AoS or here. So, gl I guess
LeCom

EldredChandler wrote:
Most of the people that were in this community that knew/know how to program work on Iceball and AFAIK don't want anything to do with helping AoS or here. So, gl I guess
However, the problem here is not coding another fake, but having success with it.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Is there any progress being made on Forking Openspades?
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

Steam Greenlight openspades!
scraawl
Deuce

MrFritz wrote:
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

scraawl wrote:
MrFritz wrote:
And not IB? Well shit. Here goes.
research determines:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
only one I could find, suggested by some polaks who can't put up the money, promising to add jets and helicopters.
oh, and he said "draw" the helicopter. that's not good on SOOO many levels.
also, eldredchander, GM has said a billion times on the IB IRC anyone can put IB on steam when the want to.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Someone make a start, I'll do the $100. ;-)
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

*deleted my own post*
this post is irrelevant now.
Warp wrote:
Someone make a start, I'll do the $100. ;-)
*twiddles thumbs in waiting*
Last edited by epicfacethe3rd on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Greenlight is now up here, all we realy need now is a trailer and the $100. if someone could post an announcement on the steam group page, that would be great.
LeFizzy
Deuced Up

gg polska team, never give "your" client management on Steam to any Aloha based people. :/
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
Greenlight is now up here, all we realy need now is a trailer and the $100. if someone could post an announcement on the steam group page, that would be great.
I thought it would be OS. ;-)

Oh well how does one pay it? Seems to be no option.

Edit: Oh hang on, you can't yet.
LeCom

The world needs less steam. But well, if it's the only way for OS or IB...
I'm eager to see how this is going to end. Inb4 just 3x more hallway/arena servers for some time.
57 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”