0.75 Sight Distortion: Can Someone Elaborate?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Dre Day
Deuce

Hey guys,this is my first post on the forums here and I'm already itching to ask a question. While reading about scopes/sights, I keep coming across people talking about screen distortion leading to said sights/scopes becoming inaccurate.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Recently I have been using Kiwi's remade mikuli scope (see Kiwi's pixel scopes - Shotgun/Semi/SMG! - New Shotgun scope [ Y U NO LET ME GIVE LINK UNTIL 1 ACTIVE POST >:( ]); I have also been messing around with my game resolution.
I noticed when I set the dimensions to 800x600, the sight appears to be one pixel when I scope in with my rifle.
Once I fire a shot, the scope changes from looking to be one pixel long to 2 pixels long (it is a 2 pixel scope, its almost as if in this resolution it sometimes places both pixels on top of each other in one of their positions by mistake before temporarily correcting itself... it gives off the appearance that it is switching between two different scopes, but I checked my folder and everything is normal) for the duration of the delay between being able to fire my next shot (when mouse button is held down... everyone must have thought i was a deuce for randomly firing the rifle repeatedly for what appeared on the outside as no good reason).
Once I am able to fire the next shot, it goes back to looking like 1 pixel and the whole cycle repeats.
I am wondering if the distortion thing and what I saw are connected.
Can anyone clarify; any thoughts?
Regards,
Dre
MKU
Artist
Artist

Well, this is just what I think is going on. The default game resolution is 800x600, so naturally you want to make the sight 800x600. The game runs at 800x600, but if use a sight that fills the edges with black you will notice that on the left that there is a gap from the edge of the game screen and edge of the png file for the sight. At that size, that little gap will distort it. This has been a problem for a while, Ben never fixed it, too late now. Green_BigSmile

1 pixel scope master race.
Dre Day
Deuce

AMEN.
Speaking on the superiority of 1 pixel scopes, while I must admit Kiwi makes some darn good sights (already been accused of being an aimbot lol), I was wanting to look into finding a 1 pixel scope that is just that: 1 pixel without any other marks with it. I've seen some around but I am unsure if these candidate scopes have said pixel aligned correctly.
If I remember correctly, it should be at x399 y400... either way, thanks for the clarification!
MKU
Artist
Artist

Here's a modified version of Enari's sight. Been using it for a couple years, as have many others.

http://i.imgur.com/xb50i31.png
Dre Day
Deuce

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I just wonder if there is something like this without the blur that defines a circle. I'm interested to see how my performance will change when I use this.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”