=!= The Big RIP List =!=

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
279 posts Page 3 of 19 First unread post
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Silnius wrote:
I don't think all that is necessary.. Especially since you forgot the most important one, bcoolface
Also, why do you need during days to talk about the people that used to be there ? I think, let's just move on and welcome all new people!
+ I still see few people on your list around on irc sometimes
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Silnius wrote:
Silnius wrote:
I don't think all that is necessary.. Especially since you forgot the most important one, bcoolface
Also, why do you need during days to talk about the people that used to be there ?
I'm sorry. I don't get what you are asking. Are you asking why I made this post? If so, I already answered that in the OP, but anyways look at society. We have gravestones. Nothing wrong with that.
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Nothing wrong with your topic; but as i said 2 times, you forgot someone important Blue_Surprised2
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

fyi, bcoolface = Ben Aksoy = Created AoS
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Yeah thanks, i just figured he may not know that, i should have say it !
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Paratrooper wrote:
I'm aware of that. I've been here long enough lol. But... is he really a "Great player?". Both sides could have an argument.

Pro would be that he created the game. He invested lots of time and without him this community/game/forum wouldn't exist.

Con would be that he abandoned it. It's like an ex-gf or ex-bf that left you for someone rich because you couldn't pay for their bills and they were living with you. Are you really going to give them any honor?
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Seeing how this community wouldn't have been here had he not created the game to begin with, and he didn't "abandon" it, he sold it, yeah I'd say he deserves way more honor than most of this list
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Seeing how this community wouldn't have been here had he not created the game to begin with, and he didn't "abandon" it, he sold it, yeah I'd say he deserves way more honor than most of this list
I listed both extremes. I don't necessarily have a stance on either side. I just objectively looked at potential mindsets. If I get another person to say he should be added I will add him. :)
Dany0
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

People:
bcoolface
Hompy
infogulch
Monsteri
Yourself

Honourable mentions:
The entire japanese AoS community
The almost dead korean and chinese communities EDIT: chinese community site is 404, sry :( they're forever RIP now, korean is just no post since december
All the TIGSource people (RIP, tears in my eyes)
All OS X users
.76 servers

Dishonorouble mentions:
Reddit people and servers
Sallythebutcher
LinkstersSD
Shate Noofner

Servers:
My "dany0" servers (melee, "mini" maps, stadium map, minifootball maps)
"SEXY SERVER FOR SEXY PEOPLE" server
the japanese jump map server
penisland server
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Bcoolface has been added! :)
LeCom

HOMO servers and anything from HOMO
And, as Dany said, hompy!
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Mr.Torch wrote:
Paratrooper wrote:
I'm aware of that. I've been here long enough lol. But... is he really a "Great player?". Both sides could have an argument.

Pro would be that he created the game. He invested lots of time and without him this community/game/forum wouldn't exist.

Con would be that he abandoned it. It's like an ex-gf or ex-bf that left you for someone rich because you couldn't pay for their bills and they were living with you. Are you really going to give them any honor?
I am shocked to read that. You certainly didn't know him, and if for you he just "abandoned" the community, well...

And i totally agree with Dany0 and Reuben
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Ben was the best person in aos.

Also uvs.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Silnius wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
Paratrooper wrote:

I am shocked to read that. You certainly didn't know him, and if for you he just "abandoned" the community, well...

And i totally agree with Dany0 and Reuben
Do you seriously not understand objective listing of arguments? I'm not on either of the sides. I'm completely neutral to Ben. Please don't assume and read everything in a post.

Also, if you want someone added to the list it has to be posted in format. As has been stated multiple times.
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

You also missed:

topo, Hawkan, Hankey/Exited, Chim and Tiki.
279 posts Page 3 of 19 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”