!!!WE NEED NEW MAPS!!!

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
30 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

LeCom wrote:
Providing at least a small alternative is far away from "forcing". And, as I already said on IRC, people only join servers that have players or seem to have players or are directly in front of their nose, and there's absolutely no exception aside from extremely popular "mainstream" servers maybe. This is the basic rule of how populated a server becomes.
I guess the creator of the thread ragequit anyways lol
Actually no. I join empty servers all the time and ask friends/clan members to join from Skype. Works well and we get to do small games for awhile and then other people join. If it's a good time of the day we'll even get 8v8 on a previously empty arena server.
LeCom

Mr.Torch wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Providing at least a small alternative is far away from "forcing". And, as I already said on IRC, people only join servers that have players or seem to have players or are directly in front of their nose, and there's absolutely no exception aside from extremely popular "mainstream" servers maybe. This is the basic rule of how populated a server becomes.
Actually no. I join empty servers all the time and ask friends/clan members to join from Skype. Works well and we get to do small games for awhile and then other people join. If it's a good time of the day we'll even get 8v8 on a previously empty arena server.
Actually yes. The chance that one of the >40 empty servers gets players this way is very small. And again, arena is different from CTF and doesn't suffer so much from low player count.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

LeCom wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Actually yes. The chance that one of the >40 empty servers gets players this way is very small. And again, arena is different from CTF and doesn't suffer so much from low player count.
I can have my friends join any server. Is there one in mind you wish to be populated? It's not that hard to join a server...
LeCom

Ask the (gone) Linestar, not me.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

LeCom wrote:
I don't know of any Linestars. And you avoided my question. If you want a server populated I can do it. It's called having friends and joining. Not that hard lol.
LeCom

Mr.Torch wrote:
LeCom wrote:
I don't know of any Linestars. And you avoided my question. If you want a server populated I can do it. It's called having friends and joining. Not that hard lol.
Linestar is the guy who created the thread and wants specific servers to be populated :P
I have friends too and can do the same if I want and see a point in doing so.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

LeCom wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Linestar is the guy who created the thread and wants specific servers to be populated :P
I have friends too and can do the same if I want and see a point in doing so.
Yeah... forget about the OP.... Lol.
IAmYourFriend
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mr.Torch wrote:
If you want a server populated I can do it. It's called having friends and joining. Not that hard lol.
That is a very valid point you make there Blue_BigSmile

Also from my experience, it's not always the same servers populated. Some servers have a loyal fanbase, others move up and down constantly. For example servers with the push gamemode, they can be empty for weeks, and then again fully packed with players nonstop for a month. Same goes for other gamemodes. There's a fair bunch of players who enjoy variety and play all kinds of modes and maps, willing to hop in on low populated or completely new servers to see what's going on there, and by that pushing them up.

I can see the point that the popularity of the hallway map is kind of dominating the serverlist, which is IMHO only noticeable since the general playercount was dropping (with higher playercount there would be more players spread over all servers). I'm not a big fan of the map myself but still, there's basically nothing wrong with it, hallway is a kind of map that appeals to the sandbox nature of AOS (same as pinpoint or assault).
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

IAmYourFriend wrote:
Mr.Torch wrote:
If you want a server populated I can do it. It's called having friends and joining. Not that hard lol.
That is a very valid point you make there Blue_BigSmile

Also from my experience, it's not always the same servers populated. Some servers have a loyal fanbase, others move up and down constantly. For example servers with the push gamemode, they can be empty for weeks, and then again fully packed with players nonstop for a month. Same goes for other gamemodes. There's a fair bunch of players who enjoy variety and play all kinds of modes and maps, willing to hop in on low populated or completely new servers to see what's going on there, and by that pushing them up.

I can see the point that the popularity of the hallway map is kind of dominating the serverlist, which is IMHO only noticeable since the general playercount was dropping (with higher playercount there would be more players spread over all servers). I'm not a big fan of the map myself but still, there's basically nothing wrong with it, hallway is a kind of map that appeals to the sandbox nature of AOS (same as pinpoint or assault).
I'm dedicated to babel and arena for the most part. I like PP and Push, but at times they get boring due to enemies only being on one side (or directly in front of you only). Arena and babel you have to worry about players all around you which I enjoy. That would be my guess as to why they don't stay populated like other gamemodes.
H@nkthet@nk
Deuced Up

I do think that servers need to change up their map rotation from time to time.

a. playing on hallway all the time gets boring

b. playing pinpoint kinda sucks after 20 minutes of just standing in the same spot and shooting

c. it feels like it should be a necessary sacrifice if it means a change up and pulling people back with different and interesting maps
LeCom

H@nkthet@nk wrote:
I do think that servers need to change up their map rotation from time to time.
it feels like it should be a necessary sacrifice if it means a change up and pulling people back with different and interesting maps
Not even the bns admins think so.
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Mr.Torch wrote:
I'm dedicated to babel and arena for the most part. I like PP and Push, but at times they get boring due to enemies only being on one side (or directly in front of you only). Arena and babel you have to worry about players all around you which I enjoy. That would be my guess as to why they don't stay populated like other gamemodes.
U swank you said you don't like cs_maps. It's pretty much the same as arena only, well, cs maps.

Push tends to be one-sided though. Once a team gets the upper hand early game and reach the intel faster, it's pretty much game over for the other.
LeFizzy
Deuced Up

You do not have so many servers. That's it.
sportakus1
Deuce

Its bit problem that I dont have many servers to play so I can play different maps/modes,due only one server I can join and it has map "Hallway" (I think.)

It is yeah,bit problem that is not popular game and I want to be popular like before Jagex took it.
Jigsaw
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

its almost impossible to get the popularity back, you know?
30 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”