Strange graphical issues in Windowed mode

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
6 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
.::Taboo::.
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Remembered this game existed, figured I'd play a bit for old time's sake. Unfortunately, the game isn't cooperating.
No idea why, but this is how the game appears upon launching.
It works perfectly fine in fullscreen, but I generally prefer playing in windowed for the sake of easy alt-tabbing, not to mention that in anything other than a multiple of 800x600 this game's graphics fall victim to terrible looking nearest-neighbour resizing.
Any ideas?

As a side note, I can't seem to change my resolution beyond anything other than what the less-than-great launcher is letting me. This is strange because I remember this game's arbitrary resolution settings actually being really convenient, so now I'm stuck playing in a tiny tiny window of 1280x960 for some reason.
LeCom

AoS only supports resolutions up to 1024x768
.::Taboo::.
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

LeCom wrote:
AoS only supports resolutions up to 1024x768
Weird, I feel like I've played it at higher, at least in 1600x1200. Oh well.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Woah, Taboo!
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

.::Taboo::. wrote:
Remembered this game existed, figured I'd play a bit for old time's sake. Unfortunately, the game isn't cooperating.
No idea why, but this is how the game appears upon launching.
It works perfectly fine in fullscreen, but I generally prefer playing in windowed for the sake of easy alt-tabbing, not to mention that in anything other than a multiple of 800x600 this game's graphics fall victim to terrible looking nearest-neighbour resizing.
Any ideas?

As a side note, I can't seem to change my resolution beyond anything other than what the less-than-great launcher is letting me. This is strange because I remember this game's arbitrary resolution settings actually being really convenient, so now I'm stuck playing in a tiny tiny window of 1280x960 for some reason.
You could play AoS in fullscreen, it might fix it.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

.::Taboo::. wrote:
Ace of Spades on drugs.
6 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”