If you could remake AoS what features would it have?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
76 posts Page 1 of 6 First unread post
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

We currently have the ability to recreate AoS from scratch using the unity game engine. We can use Cubiquity to put .vxl maps into unity. Cubiquity also has built in physics similar to AoS. We can also import .kv6 models into unity though it is a bit trickier. Qubicle has the option to export to ".obj" and can import ".kv6", unity can import ".obj". From then all we would have to do is buy one of the multiplayer starter packs from the asset store on the unity website and make other scripts. So my question to you is if we actually did do this what features would you like added?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Oh man... Where do I begin? Well first off, I want to make it though it is in the era of WW2. So new skins, new weapons, loadouts and even make it opengl. I don't want to heavily change the graphics but just add opengl so I can enjoy cubes with a 3D atmosphere. That is about all I could do. P.S. I don't want vehicles or jetpacks. And only 3 classes but with weapon mods.
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

I want flamethrowers
Xpert658
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Parkour. Do that and Mirror's Edge will be obsolete. (Think Brink and TItanfall)
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Banana guns
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

CommieBuffalo wrote:
Banana guns
Yes!
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

bolt action sniprz with diamnd camo
xXx420n0scopz720360mtD3vvxXx
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I think barbed wire + traps would be an interesting idea.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Vehicles, If you add OpenGL super rich graphics have an option to turn them off pls Dx
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Well for starters, I think a start-up menu, client side severlist, client side leaderboards, statistics and authing would be nice. Then maybe make it OpenGL and add 64 man servers. I don't think adding any additional weapons, equipment, vehicles or classes is really that necessary...
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

if I were to change anything about the weapon system, I think I'd remove the shotgun since the SMG does that job pretty well already. maybe add a light machine gun that is only really effective while deployed, and some things like satchel charges would be cool, since grenades are not that great against structures
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

Something a little more sniper rifle-ish would be nice. Something like a Mosin Nagant or Kar98, maybe? Take away the crosshair for the gun, and change it's not aimed down sight accuracy to something where it makes 'no-scoping' difficult, but if you need to pull off a quick little reaction shot at extremely close ranges you'd be able to. A sidearm would be amazing, I'm my opinion. Especially is some sort of sniper was added. 64 players and bigger maps please.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Priok wrote:
if I were to change anything about the weapon system, I think I'd remove the shotgun since the SMG does that job pretty well already. maybe add a light machine gun that is only really effective while deployed, and some things like satchel charges would be cool, since grenades are not that great against structures
Shit, if any game has a satchel charge in it and destructible environments, then I'm down.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

battlefield
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Nikhao wrote:
Something a little more sniper rifle-ish would be nice. Something like a Mosin Nagant or Kar98, maybe? Take away the crosshair for the gun, and change it's not aimed down sight accuracy to something where it makes 'no-scoping' difficult, but if you need to pull off a quick little reaction shot at extremely close ranges you'd be able to. A sidearm would be amazing, I'm my opinion. Especially is some sort of sniper was added. 64 players and bigger maps please.
I think the sniper rifle would be the same problem that the shotgun is to the SMG. it'd be pointless because of the semi, unless fog distance was increased dramatically and the semi's stats were changed a bit(slightly higher rate of fire, less damage at range)

but it could work out alright, I guess I am just burnt out over the awful combination of semi/smg/shotgun we have now
76 posts Page 1 of 6 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”