If you could remake AoS what features would it have?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
76 posts Page 2 of 6 First unread post
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

The semi could have lower damage values then the sniper, we could make the sniper bolt action so that the semi has a small advantage with the ability to spam it.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Jdrew wrote:
The semi could have lower damage values then the sniper, we could make the sniper bolt action so that the semi has a small advantage with the ability to spam it.
And then modders could just switch the sniper scope and model to the semi ._. and kick everybody's ass.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

It wouldn't do anything if the weapons have set values like every shooter
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Jdrew wrote:
It wouldn't do anything if the weapons have set values like every shooter
Well in that case nevermind
Xpert658
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Sour- nah.

PHYSICS S***
RAGDOLLS (I know it's in Openspades, but it looks retarded. I can show pics to prove my point)
AMMO/HEALTH CRATES (I know Ben made it at one point, let's bring it back...)
SECONDARY WEAPONS (It's easy to run out of ammo. I consider this a must.)
RPGs/Grenade Launchers
MORE PARKOUR
Some rank system that allows you to customize your weapons with attachments and stuff
SLIDING
COVER SYSTEM (Like Red Orchestra 2)

Meh, that's all I got for now.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Xpert658 wrote:
Sour- nah.

PHYSICS S***
RAGDOLLS (I know it's in Openspades, but it looks retarded. I can show pics to prove my point)
RPGs/Grenade Launchers
MORE PARKOUR
Some rank system that allows you to customize your weapons with attachments and stuff
SLIDING

I can see possibilities for sliding and parkour, but a cover system in a 1st person look wierd. But I agree with you on the secondary weapons thing. It would also be cool to be able to place down ammo for teammates, but it only refills half or something like that.
RPGS and Nade launchers would have to be extremely nerfed, or they will be super op.
All in all good suggestions
shrub74
Deuce

Artillery. I really want to feel like I'm in Flanders Fields.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Xpert658 wrote:
Sour- nah.

PHYSICS S***
RPGs/Grenade Launchers
MORE PARKOUR
SLIDING

half of that seems like retarded/tacticool generic FPS stuff
Xpert658

*Not gonna bother quoting, but yeah*
Exactly. To bring in more players, we need things the majority want, or things that are just damn cool.
Let's start with the things most FPS gamers know, and those are some examples.
BUT REALLY, I DON'T CARE, JUST GIVE US A SECONDARY WEAPON. VERY USEFUL FOR SMG USERS.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

It would be great to see a game with the graphics of OpenSpades, sidearm (pistol), different player/weapon models for each team, people can choose to carry either a medic bag, ammo bag or block bag, better weapon values, a motolov, primary weapons should be Sniper Rifle, Assault Rifle, SMG and Shotgun. I would also like to see an increased maximum number of players on a server, and a mounted machine gun would be nice. An in-game menu and server-side player/weapon model mods would also be good.
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

The game is supposed to be extremely easy to run, a good portion of players aren't able to run openspades, if we made the game off of that it'd kill off a pretty big amount of players.

However, I like the idea of a sniper, assault rifle, smg, and shotgun. Kill off the rifle completely, have the sniper as the long range option(refer to my other post for my opinion on a sniper), the assault as a close/mid, with a decent fire rate, smg as a close range option, with a noticeably higher fire rate that the smg, with a dramatic damage drop off at mid/long range, and the shotgun, preferably pump action, for another close range option.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Nikhao wrote:
The game is supposed to be extremely easy to run, a good portion of players aren't able to run openspades, if we made the game off of that it'd kill off a pretty big amount of players.

However, I like the idea of a sniper, assault rifle, smg, and shotgun. Kill off the rifle completely, have the sniper as the long range option(refer to my other post for my opinion on a sniper), the assault as a close/mid, with a decent fire rate, smg as a close range option, with a noticeably higher fire rate that the smg, with a dramatic damage drop off at mid/long range, and the shotgun, preferably pump action, for another close range option.
You could have options to use software rendering (like the voxlap AoS does), or more fancy OpenGL-based graphics if you have a better computer.
Eimis
League Champs
League Champs

Secondary weapons.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Remove autoclimb and have a really, really watered down crafting system.
Like, just the ability to create a half-block that can function for stairs (and you would autoclimb that instead).

Also, don't change the types of weapons but drastically decrease the rate of fire the SMG has (like, Planetside's NC Gauss Saw kind of slow), and perhaps keep it at the same stats as it is in 0.75 otherwise, making it a good mid-range weapon. Also, slightly decrease the spread the shotgun has so that it can be somewhat effective, but otherwise superior at close range, and then massively increase its damage output on blocks. Then return the semi to its 0.54 glory.

There, balance.
Xpert658

Crafting on the battlefield? Nawwwww, that doesn't sound like that... other blocky game that I do not play anymore...
The SMG ROF is already ok. It might need a little more ammunition, that's all.
Why autoclimb if we can do parkour?
Let's just keep Open Spades' SMG recoil... (hehehehehehe)

Yeah, we should buff the SG, people never use it. I say it should be incredibly deadly at close range, when all bullets hit, and in case of no incredibly nerfed RPGs, Shotgun could be a good block destroying weapon. And, pump-action SG ain't no good, if we want it to be used.
76 posts Page 2 of 6 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”