Regarding game versions

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Nobody seems to be aware of this point, so I'd like to clarify something.

The reason 0.75 is seen as the primary version is because it was the last one officially released. 0.76 was released in the form of a number of test candidates over IRC, some with different balancing and other alterations, one having large and obnoxious text which no one but Ben seemed fond of. It also came with a launcher which I never really liked that much myself.

It never got the go-ahead to be pushed out as an official update because Jagex wanted the devs putting time into what was then known as the OpenGL client, but that wound up getting axed and replaced with the Big Lots knockoff we have now.
SWayKills
Deuced Up

THANK YOU! I can enjoy 0.76 as much as anyone, but I am so sick of people saying .76 or OS is the REAL (only good) AoS. AoS ended at 0.75. Deal with it.

I even recently saw someone say that Jagex stole AoS from MATT (It was BEN, who the f is Matt?)

If you started playing AoS at the mid/end of 2013, then why are you talking like you know anything when version 0.0.1 of AoS was started in the very end of 2011 and "finished" in the very beginning of 2012?
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

SWayKills wrote:
THANK YOU! I can enjoy 0.76 as much as anyone, but I am so sick of people saying .76 or OS is the REAL (only good) AoS. AoS ended at 0.75. Deal with it.

I even recently saw someone say that Jagex stole AoS from MATT (It was BEN, who the f is Matt?)

If you started playing AoS at the mid/end of 2013, then why are you talking like you know anything when version 0.0.1 of AoS was started in the very end of 2011 and "finished" in the very beginning of 2012?
I don't think that anybody said that 0.76 is perfect and the only good version of AoS, but rather a shorter term fix. OpenSpades is simply 0.75/0.76 with better graphics and animations. mat^2 was one of the devs of AoS, but Ben Aksoy was the one who had the idea and started making AoS.

0.76 would still be better than 0.75 though, at least the SMG isn't so overpowered and the rifle can actually hit things. But it's no good just being stuck on one version, a better solution would be to convince yvt or someone else to make OpenSpades-only servers a thing, and have them put custom weapon values, so if any weapon is overpowered or underpowered, this can be fixed accordingly.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

The only real benefit to 0.76 I can see is no cheats, and that would quickly go away if everyone switched to it.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
The only real benefit to 0.76 I can see is no cheats, and that would quickly go away if everyone switched to it.
That's one of the reasons why I said it's a shorter term fix.
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
.76 has better accuracy with Rifle, and balances the SMG a bit more, along with new fonts, with some people like, and some people don't.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Arkger wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
.76 has better accuracy with Rifle, and balances the SMG a bit more, along with new fonts, with some people like, and some people don't.
Well, I think pretty much everybody hates the fonts since you can't tell apart certain letters...
(For Example: "coco" looks like "oooo" and "cuulli" looks like "cuulll")
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

ici looks like lol in team chat.

That font renderer is my biggest pet peeve about 0.76. It makes admining the leagues a tid bit more difficult than it needs to be and in 0.75 you could easily swap out fonts, not quite as easy in 0.76.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”