Why don't we all just STOP doing this BS? READ IT!

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
89 posts Page 3 of 6 First unread post
SWayKills
Deuced Up

I am over joyed to see how many people actually agree with me. I did fear that I may have been alone.

And Zekamalikyd, we do not disagree. I understand that NO ONE gave half a crap about that persons score, neither did I. I just felt that the replies would have been actually helpful had even one person said "you shouldn't make posts about your score, it clutters the forum" or something of the sort. No one wants to be super excited about something just to have other people tell them they don't care. Did you ever show your parents that you got an A on something and they looked at and just said "cool, no one cares"? No, cause that's just shitty. Keep in mind that this forum is not like other games. Here, half the time, you are talking to a child. Some people don't care about that, but I do. I may go off on someone over xbox live, but I would never say those same things to a 10 year old.

And I am not asking anyone to cater to, or even be nice to, people who are stupid for stupid sake or people who just won't listen/follow directions. These people will never learn and should be IGNORED, not "attacked". Ignore useless posts and let the mods take care of them. We should all know well enough at this point to NEVER feed the trolls.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Zekamalikyd wrote:
it was not meant to be constructive or even criticism. please tell me why anyone would care about someone else's score? maybe if it was breaking any records, which i believe it wasn't.

now the main post, i agree with, but there's a difference between people looking for help and getting someone else to do it for them.
if someone was looking for help, they would've (or should've) googled about it beforehand, and then when it came back without any results, you'd ask people.

and i'm sorry for any trouble i may have caused to newcomers.
but there's still a difference between newcomers and idiots that decided to make an account to not post anything worthwhile.
Yeah exactly, it's not constructive or criticism, it's just pointless. Same thing as correcting someone else's spelling or grammar. At least that post was actually about the game, and not some shitty attention-bait doomsday post about banning popular maps because "I don't like them waaaah" like half the forum seems to be nowadays.

What would make sense in my mind is, if you see a thread you don't care about, don't read it. Otherwise I'd just go on the Forum Games and Mods sections and spam "I DON'T CARE" on every thread because neither of those subforums interest me.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

SWayKills wrote:
LOOK AT MY SCORE- "No one cares"
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME- "Learn how to read"
I'M CONFUSED- "Are you retarded?"

Are you all serious with this BS? This game, in both AoS and OS forms, are dying! I remember playing in 2012 when we had over 1000 players in non peaks times. I remember when the people here would answer a question even if it had been answered a million times before (or at least just give a link to the answer instead of being an asshole). Now we often, even in peak times, have 400 players.

Why can't SOME of you get your heads out of your asses and see that being a dick to people who are new is no way to keep this game alive? I have spent the last year e-mailing youtubers and "popular" internet sites to talk about and share our game. And the second we get a new player, half of you start being instant assholes to those people.

If you want this game to live, how about you just try being helpful to new people, no matter how stupid they may be, instead of being a total arrogant prick? OH, you know everything about AoS, OS, scripting and the internet? Good for you. How about you try to remember that AoS was once SPECIFICALLY designed for those who had poor PCs or didn't know shit about computer gaming. When we started out, this community was full of 11-14 year olds, but it grew (I am 27 now).

So how about the next time someone new asks a question in the forum, you just answer the damn question instead of making them feel like shit, which forces them to leave the community forever. I want this game to live just as much, if not more than, anyone else. So lets be accepting of new people. Lets be helpful. Lets be nice. And stop being total fucking pricks!

EDIT- This is a new account because I wanted a new name and to be far from my prior clan, my number of posts or my join date mean nothing. I have been here nearly as long as anyone who is still here from the beginning.
I COMPLETELY agree. I think there would be tons and tons of more players if half of us would stop acting like asshats to them whenever they ask something like:

How do I change a gun model?
or
How do I edit a gun model?
Edit: oh and *cough*learn_more*cough*
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

some people just need to learn_more
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Jdrew wrote:
Some people just need to hear something that actually contributes to the conversation.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Jdrew wrote:
Others need to stop trying to force memes. Same with the Ohh| shit I've seen like two people do. It doesn't work.

Also it's funny how people can seriously come out and try and defend themselves for acting like antisocial jackasses.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Every game community ever is 90% horrible. Plus new players were always messed with, it was just never an issue till recently because of the lack of players.
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Jdrew wrote:
Others need to stop trying to force memes. Same with the Ohh| shit I've seen like two people do. It doesn't work.
Not everyone can be pro and start the term 'rekt' like you :)
shrub74
Deuce

I wholeheartedly support treating young, naive people with respect despite the difficulty inherent in it. Especially if they're foreign.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

shrub74 wrote:
I wholeheartedly support treating young, naive people with respect despite the difficulty inherent in it. Especially if they're foreign.
Why especially if they're foreign?
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

I decided to change my profile picture to show some player's attitude towards newer players.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Spidercooce wrote:
I decided to change my profile picture to show some player's attitude towards newer players.
I don't see why you have to persecute new players when this game needs them.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Lincent wrote:
Spidercooce wrote:
I don't see why you have to persecute new players when this game needs them.
I'm not personally persecuting them. I'm just showing the mindset of people who ARE doing that.
Roulette
League Participant
League Participant

Lincent wrote:
shrub74 wrote:
Why especially if they're foreign?
I assume he's talking about foreign posters who haven't great English. Combined with the fact that they are young and naive(as stated) the thread/post is likely to make little sense. That is, if I have interpreted his post correctly.
shaz

Spidercooce wrote:
Giving little fucks, isn't going to improve what you deem to be wrong with new players. It's normal for most games to have people like this, however that doesn't say that there aren't diamonds in the rough.

Just slowly watch things degrade further. If you leave no opportunities, no potential will be shown.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Shaz wrote:
Spidercooce wrote:
Giving little fucks, isn't going to improve what you deem to be wrong with new players. It's normal for most games to have people like this, however that doesn't say that there aren't diamonds in the rough.

Just slowly watch things degrade further. If you leave no opportunities, no potential will be shown.
Go 2 posts above yours and read what it says.
89 posts Page 3 of 6 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”