How and why I'd like to help us change our direction

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
67 posts Page 5 of 5 First unread post
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hey guys, sorry I haven't said/done anything for a while. My life's pretty busy at the moment and I'm finding it difficult to do anything which requires focus (like organizing this). I still fully intend to go through with the idea but I'm not sure when. Could take anywhere from a couple of weeks to ~4 months for things to settle down enough for me to start putting some serious work into this.
Again, sorry, not something I can control ;(

In the meantime feel free to keep throwing ideas out there
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

topo wrote:
Hey guys, sorry I haven't said/done anything for a while. My life's pretty busy at the moment and I'm finding it difficult to do anything which requires focus (like organizing this). I still fully intend to go through with the idea but I'm not sure when. Could take anywhere from a couple of weeks to ~4 months for things to settle down enough for me to start putting some serious work into this.

This is fine. At least it's going somewhere. We love you. Take your time.
shrub74
Deuce

Don't feel obligated by the community, you're doing us a favour. I hope one day you get to do this and have fun. My only idea to give you, is to stay true to your design philosophy. If you want to base the game around a particular ideal, don't lose sight of it. I'm inclined to offer... some sort of help. Not sure what I'd do. But I support you.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

Main idea: Rebuilding the game by using Ken Silverman's voxlap engine, adding new features(like a helicopter for example) and prefered weapon balances.

some good points about the engine:

· grandmother's rig can run it
· simple
· modable(png, kv6, wav files)
· there is already an C starting code to program something
EDIT: · physics already included

other ideas:

· if there would be some project finished, supporting it with ads and donations
· pyspades/pyspades compatibility

I haven't fully thought over this ideas, sry if they are shitty.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

That seems more like a step backward, seeing how Ben planned on remaking the game in OpenGL as it was.
Major Darkstar
Deuced Up

^

I really see no point in going back to the nauseating Voxlap engine.
shaz

Topo for President.
67 posts Page 5 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”