BnS AoS League Discussion

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
195 posts Page 13 of 13 First unread post
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

huh
I think you misunderstood completely. Longer respawn times, means that the match will be shorter.
Vengeance
Deuced Up

Yes, it would make it shorter. I think it's a good idea too. It gives the teams more of a chance to get the intel.
PABH
Deuced Up

TB_ wrote:
How about if match.py gradually increases the respawn time after overtime?
Our match yesterday lasted 1.5 hours, and it could have lasted much much longer.
Yes, very good idea.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Oops sorry, then I agree, shorter matches would be much better.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

Thoughts, Some teams are having troubles getting their team together for the quarterfinals. It could take longer to finish the finals than the regular season. Which shouldn't happen.

Do we enact a rule to eliminate them?

Do we start season 2 before season 1 finals are over?

I think for season 2 finals, we will have the tournament over one weekend. If your team cant make it we wont wait. Your team will have to try again next season.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Ask both teams to play a certain time, they can only have two subs. If they still don't have enough players, they'll play anyway with a smaller team. What do you think of the respawn time suggestion?
Vengeance
Deuced Up

danhezee wrote:
I think for season 2 finals, we will have the tournament over one weekend. If your team cant make it we wont wait. Your team will have to try again next season.
I agree with this. Other-wise it takes a long time to get the finals over with.
TB_ wrote:
Ask both teams to play a certain time, they can only have two subs. If they still don't have enough players, they'll play anyway with a smaller team. What do you think of the respawn time suggestion?
Good idea.
danhezee

Final tournament tie breaker thoughts:

So the Mumblerz and HOMO had a 3 hour match and decided it was better to reschedule than continue the fight.

I suggest, we either do away with overtime and have a 60 minute match or have a 45 minute match with 15 minutes of overtime. If neither team wins they will have a rematch. If neither teams wins the second match we fall back on team stats.

Game 1 Total Intel Touches + Game 1 Team KDR + Game 2 Total Intel Touches + Game 2 Team KDR = final score.

Whoever has the highest final score wins.

A longer term goal would be to track the distance traveled from the original position of the intel to the final position after the timer stopped and not worry with counting intel touches at all.
KomradeKorakoff
League Champs
League Champs

position/distance traveled shouldn't really be counted considering how random spawns can be

i.e. get intel --> spawned right in face
.uvs
Deuced Up

danhezee wrote:
We can have intel and cp locations fixed, instead of the server randomly picking the locations. Would you guys be for or against this?
It makes a huge difference if the intel is in a good spot or not, so fixed would be good.
But it feels wierd to have it spawn back on top of the tower after the first cap.

Is it possible to have the first intel fixed, and the rest random? (also random if it resets from water)
Fully fixed intels would lead to even less caps in the matches.
PABH
Deuced Up

Intel spawns are just too unfair sometimes for one of the teams... It would be awesome if that could be fixed. For now, a league admin could move one of the intels when there is a clear disadvantage.
By the way, [FF] won't be able to play any match until 25th June due to final exams. We did have some free days these weekends, but we couldn't arrange anything with LINES.
We're very sorry, but it's just not a good month to have a league. We hope you wait for us.
KomradeKorakoff
League Champs
League Champs

intel spawn location isn't as important as CP spawn position tbh, as long as its equidistant for both teams I'm sure it'll be fine
Defaulter
Organizer
Organizer

Fixed CP yes. Fixed intel no.

Although I agree with the first itnel being fixed and the rest random as uvs suggested. Part of the game is adapting and rebuilding defences. Not having your intel predictably spawn in the same area so you can easily set up solid defence lines and perimeters around it.
[RUS] Vlad01
League Participant
League Participant

Hey, hey, I can be in HOMO
.uvs
Deuced Up

First semi final is finally played and TheBastion moved on to the final based on KDR.
Good match though with quite a few good intel chances, but not many scored point due to good communications and defence.

Game stats: http://i.imgur.com/swAefXs.png
My POV:
GG Mumblerz :)
195 posts Page 13 of 13 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”