BnS AoS League Discussion

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
195 posts Page 3 of 13 First unread post
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Awesome deigns you got there, I would love for it to happen but I would like it if clans could apply to join the league some how
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Yeah, just gotta be careful with who we accept. The clans should have played a while so we know we can trust them.
As I mentioned, we could have a mini-league on saturdays which wouldn't be as serious as the main one. Meaning that we could weed out the hacker clans.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

TBS wrote:
Yeah, just gotta be careful with who we accept. The clans should have played a while so we know we can trust them.
As I mentioned, we could have a mini-league on saturdays which wouldn't be as serious as the main one. Meaning that we could weed out the hacker clans.
That would be great!
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

Looks like a nice idea
XxXAtlanXxX
Deuced Up

saxy
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

inb4 April Fool's
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

well another thing to discuss would be the format of the match. ie, is it strictly one map type and one gamemode, or would it be better to offer multiple gamemodes and maps.
Tank
Artist
Artist

A type of league or team ladder system is something I've always wanted for this game. Too bad we could never have it 'back in the day', most of the people I enjoyed playing with aren't around or just don't play anymore, it's a real shame. But anyway, in relation to the topic, I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to mainly do 'respected clans', that's just neglecting every other team. You'd need a sign up system available for everyone, and anyway, you don't even know if everyone in your list are willing to take part, there's no way in forcing them. As for the cheating issue, seeing as you're aiming to use 0.76, a version that has no public cheats available, it shouldn't be much of a problem. There's really no point in having two 'leagues', might as well have everyone together, presuming this isn't a tournament but a ladder that will stay. Those who want to take part can sign up.
danhezee wrote:
well another thing to discuss would be the format of the match. ie, is it strictly one map type and one gamemode, or would it be better to offer multiple gamemodes and maps.
For this, I'd say it would be good to have different leagues, for example, 7v7 and 3v3 being separate. You could use smaller maps for 3v3, bigger maps for 7v7. Seeing as there are so many maps to choose from in this game, you could decide on a map pool consisting of the most viable maps and then choosing from that for everyone. Dealing with the different gamemodes would be more complicated, I guess you could do different leagues for them. I don't think it would be good using different gamemodes in same league considering you're planning on doing only one map per game.

Here's something that was put up some time ago, surprisingly it has been a year since then already. Too bad it never really kicked off though. But still, the setup was good.

http://aos.vidiludi.com/index.php
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

If this does get started, I would highly recommend players record themselves while playing to make sure no one is falsely accused of aimbot.
StarDust
League Participant
League Participant

That would be great.
danhezee

I went ahead and merged the discussion TBS started with the earlier discussion about leagues
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

+1
Lemon
League Participant
League Participant

What if we could merge this with the already in place clubs system? I support TBS' European Football league idea. Top team moves up a division, lowest team moves down a division. Maybe you could have alphabetical divisions, lowest being E, top being A. All teams start in E, and play and move throughout the system.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

TBS wrote:
kudos if you read all of it.
I've showed this to Danheeze, he said he liked some parts of it. I'll be dumping it here as well just to see what you guys think of it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ace of Spades league.

The ace of spades league is going to be a brand new way for clans to show off their cooperative skills.
Who here is familiar with the European football league?

What if we had something like That in Ace of Spades?
We take the most respected clans, like for example. Komrades, USAB, Stormwind, FF, The Bastion, Animus, the operators etc..

Every sunday, they all battle each other in pairs. They continue doing this every week, where they always rotate so they'll meet someone else. Until everyone has battled each other twice.

If, let's say The Bastion is going to battle The Komrades.
The first map, The komrades are going to choose which map to play on, and what gamemode.
The second time The Bastion and The Komrades meet, it will be The Bastions turn to choose the map/gamemode.

On the BnS website, there would be a scoreboard showing what positions the different clans are in. And as I mentioned earlier.
Win = 3 points
draw = 1 point
lose = 0 points

The scoreboard would update continuously throughout the season. Meaning that everyone can track their progress, and hopefully generating a lot of hype.

If someone is caught hacking, the player will get banned for lifetime of the aos league, and the team would be removed from whatever season its in. When a team gets removed, all the points people have gotten from them will be removed.

Say USAB wins over the team with a hacker, and the team gets removed. USAB will then lose the 3 points from the scoreboard.
In other words, clan owners. Be careful with who you recruit.

If a team doesn't have enough players to fight a match, the other team will automatically win.
A good clan isn't just about having skilled players. It's also about having loyal/dedicated people.

All the matches will be played in .76, this is because of the increased weapon balance, and more accurate rifle. Which is more fit for competitive gameplay.

The reason why I'm only including respected clans here, is because there is a bigger chance of aimbotters in smaller clans. There could however be a "mini-league" with less known clans battling on saturdays, and the winner of that clan could perhaps join the main league.

And also, please know that this is just me rambling about how I think it should play out. If you have anything to add, or any objection, please tell me. For example, maybe the tournament will take too long, so that we'll only have one match against everyone, or maybe we could have multiple matches per week, and so on...

Here is some graphics I made.

Clicking the names of the clans will take you to their forum or their topic.
Clicking the "USAB vs. komrades" text will take you to a page showing how many kills the players got, which players were there, and links to videos if anyone was recording.
<3 TBS. You put B5D in there! Anyway, B5D definitely approves of this. It would be a good way to show off your clan and have some fun doing it. Green_BigSmile Green_Happy3
StarDust
League Participant
League Participant

on the idea of ​​a league game between clans, any clan could join? until brs?
195 posts Page 3 of 13 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”