Announcing Blockspell!

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
56 posts Page 3 of 4 First unread post
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Why don't you just wait? Don't have to go all rage mode just because someone forgot to give you credit. You are acting like a child.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

danhezee wrote:
danhezee wrote:
I am going to leave the thread open but how about we wait until Yourself comments and not post in this thread until he does so.
Yourself
Coder
Coder

Alright, I'd like to clear a few things up. I haven't been checking this thread frequently and just saw Jojoe's post a few minutes ago.

The Ravenloft picture was posted earlier this year (February 2013) to facilitate some technical discussion on the polyvox forums (I use the polyvox C++ library in Blockspell). I apologize for not crediting Jojoe and for not including the CC license. I've removed the picture from the polyvox forums now.

This post was put up in early February when the Blockspell project was a lot less mature. At the time, I was only playing around with the idea of taking Blockspell commercial. Since Blockspell has become a serious commercial project, making sure that all assets are properly licensed and attributed has become a top priority.

Your maps are not being bundled with Blockspell and your maps are not being used to promote Blockspell in any way. All art assets, including those on the Blockspell website and the assets that will be used for the Kickstarter have been properly licensed from their respective owners.

If you have any more concerns, please send me an email to contact {at} blockspell.com. This is the best way to get in touch with me and I generally check it daily.
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

jdrew wrote:
You are acting like a child.
>says the child you'd know he's acting like a child

Back on topic, can we call it a day? I think Yourself has clarified everything & this dilemma was pretty petty to begin with, I suggest we move along eh?
CaptainCake
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

I really like magicka and minecraft. Keep up the good work.
danhezee

Just in case you are like me and never played magicka here is a video explaining it
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

Hey thanks for clearing this up.

You might want to credit Izzy for island too, I do believe that his map is GPL. You really dont have to though.
You can still take full credit for this if you want to. (I dont think it is very nice for you to require people to ask you to credit them. )

Thanks for the Email address, I will pass it on to Izzy.

PS, I have a copy of your forum post. If anyone wants a copy for whatever reason they just need to contact me.

You need to put my name in your development credits now. Out of respect you should list everyone else who's work you have used to get you to this point of development..
SeriousSimFR
Mapper
Mapper

Well, this project is really interesting, i'm glad to see another game based on the voxel thech we know and love. It might just give more opportunities to people like Jojoe that definitely have serious creating skills to do stuff for more games than just AoS.
The drama is ridiculous though, it's not like Yourself haven't made maps (Remus anyone ?). As much as I would hate someone to steal my stuff, i think in this case it's more a tribute to Jojoe's and others excellent work than anything else, really.
I'm really interested to see where Blockspell is going, voxels are cool.
Yourself
Coder
Coder

Just a quick update:

I've decided to delay the Kickstarter until next year. This will allow me the time that I need to move the client code over to a new Unity based engine and continue to improve the server. This also means that I will continue working on Blockspell in my spare time only. I am doing this so that I can have a demo ready when the Kickstarter launches. Having a solid demo for the Kickstarter should greatly improve the chances of success.

In the coming months I'll probably be running various tests, so stay tuned to the IRC/forums/Twitter etc. if you would like to help out. Blue_BigSmile
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

will it load .vxl maps?
danhezee

You can get magicka in the current humble bundle
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Looks really interesting :D
Yourself
Coder
Coder

I've been busy with school lately so I haven't had any time to work on Blockspell. Christmas break is about to start, which means I should have way more time to work on the game.
jdrew wrote:
will it load .vxl maps?
Yes! I may also add support for other formats (or extend the vxl format) to allow larger sized maps.
voxi
Deuced Up

Ah, this is the game you claim I am ripping off?
Blockspell is a multiplayer magical combat game that combines the procedural spell system of Magicka with the sandbox world of Minecraft.
After your attack in IRC about me stealing your game here are a few things for you to consider:

1. There are countless Minecraft clones right now
2. There are countless Magica clones in development right now.
3. Our game has nothing even remotely in common with "your" game idea.
4. Someone else is already doing this magica-minecraft combo.

We switched to Boxxel-land license for Android and iPhone support. Cubiquity is not ready for portable devices yet. We need multi-player support by New years.

Do I smell an epiphany brewing? I sure hope so.
MKU
Artist
Artist

cry more jojoe
56 posts Page 3 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”