Announcing Blockspell!

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
56 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Yourself
Coder
Coder

Blockspell is a multiplayer magical combat game set in a voxel environment. Blockspell features an elemental based spell system which allows the player to choose up to six spells by mixing the air, earth, fire, water, light and shadow elements. The terrain in Blockspell can be freely modified by players, allowing players to construct defensive structures and dig tunnels behind enemy lines. Blockspell supports a variety of game modes such as capture the flag, team death match, and tower of babel. Players can choose to play on one of the official servers or host their own. Blockspell is compatible with the VXL file format, which means that existing maps and map making tools can be used without any issues.

Check out the website for more information:
http://www.blockspell.com/

Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Blockspell
Be a fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Blockspell-637309026293323/
Subscribe to the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpsV0o ... JKQwWTF6w/
Last edited by Yourself on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

Looks cool. I would love to donate, if I had any money left ;_;
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

This looks seriously awesome, If I can scavenge up some money I'l probably support it on kick-starter.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

The spell system sounds really cool, and the artwork is very good so far. Can't wait to see how this turn out!
TheKing
League Champs
League Champs

Oh this looks like it will be cool, looking forward waiting
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

2 of my favorite games mashed into one! I love it.

Sign me up for a kickstarter version.

I love the way your shadows look.
extra
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

This game looks really cool.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

what is the engine built on / with?

do you have some ingame screens / a tech demo?
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Wow, looks like a really nice game! It is not really my style of game, but good luck for your project, nonetheless! :)
FuzocK
Deuce

Looks cool Green_Wink1
Yourself
Coder
Coder

learn_more wrote:
what is the engine built on / with?

do you have some ingame screens / a tech demo?
Currently the game is being built in Irrlicht. I'm currently evaluating a move to Unity - probably using the Cubiquity plugin. Last time I tested out the Cubiquity plugin I found that the performance was too poor to use for the game. Things seem to have improved since then - my test now show that it is much more mature and runs about as well as my own engine.

The server is currently being written in Erlang, with a C NIF to interface with ENet. You'll be able to do a lot of cool things thanks to Erlang, such as automatically spinning servers up and down as needed and adding and removing plugins while the server is running.

I've been advised by other people that have run Kickstarter that I should not release a demo. The game is not as far along as I wish it would be for a Kickstarter. I'm forced to launch the Kickstarter now because of timing reasons. If the Kickstarter doesn't succeed then I'd like to get an internship for next summer. Companies typically want to make all of their internship hires before the new year. In fact, I already have an offer from a company, so I need to launch ASAP Green_normal
Battlefire

Wow this seems really cool.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

This pig ripped me off.
Last edited by JoJoe_Stinky on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

Wow, he ripped off of both Ravenloft & Paradise, what a douche nozzle, something should be done about this >:I
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Commando_Ghost wrote:
Wow, he ripped off of both Ravenloft & Paradise, what a douche nozzle, something should be done about this >:I
He hasn't really "ripped off" anything, he's using them to show off his engine. Maybe he could have put "map made by JoJoe" or something, but it really isn't worth this whole drama queen response.
56 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”