Announcing Blockspell!

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
56 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

bla bla bla, this asshole is immune
Last edited by JoJoe_Stinky on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnrealIncident
Coder
Coder

JoJoe_Stinky wrote:
Warning people about license infringement can be a little dramatic sometimes.

If you guys make maps, you should really watch this project when it get released. You might have some credit due to you.

This is about the easiest 3D art form that there is. People that can’t make their own , and can’t give credit where credit is due are just pathetic. Claiming the content of the videos and screen-shots as “his project” is just disgusting. All he had to do is copy and paste the license info file to get my name, and the proper spelling of the map. he did not even bother to do that.

I think I am most butt-hurt from the fact that I have to delay my height-map editing template so people have a tool to stamp ugly license info all over their maps. I have to waste a few more un-paid hours just so I can donate something nice and safe to the community. I would rather be making new terrain shaders and ass maps.

Who knows, maybe this walking cooperate law book made an honest mistake. It is completely possible, and forgivable with an apology.

All I hear are crickets chirping in my in box though. Oh and the humble bundle has a new store, that one is important.
You're over reacting. He was claiming the rendering/engine to be his work. The maps were to just show off his tech. Threatening DMCA Takedowns and lawyers is just plain despicable. You sent him an email 2 days ago. I'm one of the few people I know that has an email client and checks their emails regularly. Most people don't check it unless they need something from it. So 2 days was far too short. Did you even attempt to connect him through other means? Such as IRC, the thing that he has been seen on in the past 2 days. Maybe a forum PM even. But that's besides the point.

From what I can tell he's still trying to decide on an engine and from the description of the game it seems that maps might even be procedural like Minecraft. This is not marketing/promotional material, it's simple early tech screenshots. I highly doubt he was planning on selling a game with your map without so much as giving credit. So please, listen to yourself (you not Yourself) and stop being a vapid tool.

Signed UnrealIncident,
Someone who hates copyright trolls.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

bla bla bla
Last edited by JoJoe_Stinky on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

Censored by poster
Last edited by JoJoe_Stinky on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

And being a big drama queen over it certainly makes you look correct in all of this.
Space101
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Are you for real JoJoe? He was just using your map to showcase his game, stop crying about everything.
UnrealIncident
Coder
Coder

JoJoe_Stinky wrote:
It is (CC) not copyright . Get your facts straight before you post please.

He is blatantly posting my work and taking full credit. You need to learn how to read too.
JoJoe_Stinky wrote:
Here is a quote from his post before he changes it:

"WIP screenshots/videos of a project I'm working on: Blockspell"

He says only "i'm" nothing about anyone else in his shitty snapshots and videos...

The onlything that belongs to him are the shitty lighting hacks.
I have been told that you are in fact not a troll. This saddens me. Ok I was wrong, the technical term for CC is in fact copyleft (which is the same term used for the GPL and other similar licenses). But it achieves the same thing. You own the rights to said property but allow others to distribute and sometimes modify your work while only requiring credits in most cases. (I just went looking for the map that he used and can't seem to find it, could you possibly link it for me?)

Yes Yourself should have given you attribution. Nobody is saying that he shouldn't have. What I'm saying is you're going about it in a bad way that makes you look like an asshole. You haven't given him time or tried to contact him in any other way that I know of. You're simply making baseless accusations and playing the victim.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

JoJoe_Stinky wrote:
Here is a quote from his post before he changes it:

"WIP screenshots/videos of a project I'm working on: Blockspell"

He says only "i'm" nothing about anyone else in his shitty snapshots and videos...

The onlything that belongs to him are the shitty lighting hacks.
No where in that thread does he say that he made the maps. Those a probably examples of how the game looks.
He clearly says that he is working on a project called Blockspell. Can't you read?

Plus why the fuck are you creating so much drama over something so small.
You just make yourself look like a copyright asshole.
Commando_Ghost
Modder
Modder

Now that I've double-checked. I was obviously wrong (hold your smart ass comebacks, please), I sorta got confuzzled when I read JoJoe's post first. More of a bad assumption really. But he (dynasty) could've atleast written the map creator's name (aka jojoe) shown in the pictures. It's not hard, it's considered being inconsiderate not to.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

old boys club +1
Last edited by JoJoe_Stinky on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

I am going to leave the thread open but how about we wait until Yourself comments and not post in this thread until he does so.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

JoJoe_Stinky wrote:
He is taking credit for other peoples work. It is not only not cool, it is against the included licence.

If I wanted to be a real asshole, I would have waited until he published his game, and let my lawyer have a go at the profits.

I think a public shaming is pretty mild considering the severity of this.

This is like inviting people over to your house for a free party and offering them a beer. Then they take the free beer outside and sell it.

The only thing "Free" about my work is for game players to use them for fun, or to learn how to map.

I do not owe this guy a living, nor do I owe him any respect for his theft. I do not owe him a warning Email, nor do i owe him any leniency.
So wait a second, you went through the legal steps to copyright (or whatever) your work that you released for free to a muti-platform game program (on the internet as well), and then are now proceeding to threaten legal action to a person who is using the work you handed out as an example to show his engine and game demo?
Yep. Keep crying.

Not to mention that if said map was on a server rotation, he may have already had it on his hard drive without any knowledge of your involvement, and decided to simply use any map that he already had in possession.

(If I got my facts wrong on something, please forgive me. I've had a long day.)

Edit* Danhezee ninja'd me. Do what he says.
danhezee

danhezee wrote:
I am going to leave the thread open but how about we wait until Yourself comments and not post in this thread until he does so.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

Vezok wrote:
JoJoe_Stinky wrote:
He is taking credit for other peoples work. It is not only not cool, it is against the included licence.

If I wanted to be a real asshole, I would have waited until he published his game, and let my lawyer have a go at the profits.

I think a public shaming is pretty mild considering the severity of this.

This is like inviting people over to your house for a free party and offering them a beer. Then they take the free beer outside and sell it.

The only thing "Free" about my work is for game players to use them for fun, or to learn how to map.

I do not owe this guy a living, nor do I owe him any respect for his theft. I do not owe him a warning Email, nor do i owe him any leniency.
So wait a second, you went through the legal steps to copyright (or whatever) your work that you released for free to a muti-platform game program (on the internet as well), and then are now proceeding to threaten legal action to a person who is using the work you handed out as an example to show his engine and game demo?
Yep. Keep crying.

Not to mention that if said map was on a server rotation, he may have already had it on his hard drive without any knowledge of your involvement, and decided to simply use any map that he already had in possession.

(If I got my facts wrong on something, please forgive me. I've had a long day.)

Edit* Danhezee ninja'd me. Do what he says.

Yeah, read up on the subject, All he had to do is give me credit for my work.

@ danhezee
Yeah, I figured you would give him the last word before locking it.

Well, I am just going to remove my comments from here and resume them where you can't do that.
JoJoe_Stinky
Mapper
Mapper

There you go Danzee, now you can lock it after he says his final words on the matter.

I am going to take it up with the DMCA now, where I was not going to before. You want to gang up on me, then I can get my dogs too bro.

I am in the right here, It may not be the most hipster thing for me to stand up for my work, but I am not going to let this sleeze ball just post my work all over the internet any way he feels fit.
56 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”