Server list: http://play.iceball.rakiru.com:27790/
source code + pkg/ + svsave/ essentials for hosting your own server
DO NOT REQUEST THAT WE ADD AN SMG. THIS IS A FINAL DECISION, AND WILL NOT CHANGE. YOU CANNOT CONVINCE US TO ADD IT. IF YOU REQUEST AN SMG, I WILL REGARD IT AS SPAM.
you can always make one yourself it's not hard
melchips needs ALL the cookies for his effort - this fog distance (408, using 2601 chunks w/ 5 chunk updates each frame) runs at 30fps on my Intel 3000HD:
Basically, Iceball is a rewrite of the Ace of Spades we know and love. But it's also a moddable/scriptable engine so stuff can actually be fixed by more than a select few. For instance: Is the SMG a nooby pile of crap? (Hint, the answer is "Yes") Not a problem! You can fix it!
The source code is at this URL: https://github.com/iamgreaser/iceball/ (NOTE, this is not an official Buld Then Snip LLC project!)
You will need the following libraries to compile the code:
- SDL 1.2 (NOT 1.3/2.0!)
- Lua 5.1 (NOT 5.2!)
- GLEW for the GL renderer
- sackit - it loads/plays .it (Impulse Tracker Module) files
For the GL renderer, "make -f Makefile.glmingw CC=gcc" and run iceball-gl.exe instead of iceball.exe. On not-Windows, "make -f Makefile.opengl" and run ./iceball-gl as usual.
Development changes a lot so I removed the "features as of date XYZ" thing. The basic gameplay is there. If there's bugs, check the Github issue tracker.
What you can do to help:
- Compile the code, and have a play around. I'm not making builds for you right now. Build it yourself.
- Contribute code.
- Make a better PMF editor (see docs/format_pmf.txt for the spec and pkg/base/pmf/*.pmf for example models). Note, if you use XNA I will actually boycott it (and probably change the format just to screw your program up).
- Make PMF models. PMF is a bit more flexible than KV6 as you can specify the point sizes and group stuff into separate body parts / bones. It's also simpler. I will accept KV6 but it lacks this flexibility. NOTE: current limits are 4096 points per bone, 256 bones per PMF file.
- Make some sounds. 22kHz 8-bit mono .wav will be the final output format, but feel free to send me 44kHz 16-bit .wavs.
Read The Fucking Manual.