Porting Voxlap

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
222 posts Page 14 of 15 First unread post
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

VladVP wrote:
The point is that I have read them. -.-
Exactly :) I took it you were implying gmail makes it easy. I was countering it makes it easy to see how much is posted to github, but doesn't make one more likely to actually go throw and read all of them. Unless you care, it's just as easy to just ignore all the notifications. You read them so clearly you do care, and I am glad. Tl;Dr it was a compliment.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

Cajun Style wrote:
/me pats Vlad on shoulder.
*Pats a(n insane) wolf on the shoulder*
Good luck with that... -.-
Cajun Style
Deuced Up

I disappear and you stop working? Blue_Tongue I have some personal issues which seem to be serious. Also, there is a girl involved. Green_BigSmile Like, see you next year, or something?
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

I waited for months for activity in this thread, and this is what I get?? Aw, dude... really? You are letting a girl inbetween you and us guts? Green_Nothappy
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

I am working on Haskell bindings for ENet. If somebody wants to "connect" https://github.com/Lensman/voxlap-orig-refactored to mine in the history (for use with git blame, etc) that would be interesting. Haven’t fully investigated what is there, but duff paddy says it good things about it, two months ago when I last talked to him.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

inb4 "Ace of Monads"

i can never remember what a monad is

Anyway, looking forward to good things happening eventually, and I hope he gets his hard drive sorted out.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

Sonarpulse wrote:
I am working on Haskell bindings for ENet. If somebody wants to "connect" https://github.com/Lensman/voxlap-orig-refactored to mine in the history (for use with git blame, etc) that would be interesting. Haven’t fully investigated what is there, but duff paddy says it good things about it, two months ago when I last talked to him.
Haskell?? So we are going to use a 4GL in conjunction with a 3GL and a 2GL? Interesting indeed... Green_Surprised2
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

I think he did get his hard drive sorted out. I decided to work on the haskell bit because I am was a bit tired voxlap/c/debugging. I hope to get kinda everything else but the graphics done, and then add voxlap, or iceball-gl's render, or whatever is easiest. So like the first incarnation you could walk around and shoot, but the screen would just be like a dump of packets or whatever.

Lensman/duffpaddy was really doing a much better job than I, but as his git history is incomplete, an regression will be hard to find. I want to redo the history so its
  1. clean white space
  2. fix indentation
  3. split huge C files like lensman did
  4. move history to match lensman's state in a way that helps git blame
Of course git rebase and stuff can automate this. Another thing is making some fancy system so we can generate gcc and msvc inline assembly from the same source. Also, we will need people on windows and Linux continuously checking things.

While I do Haskell, if one of you could take the lead on this, that would be great. Finding lensman would also help, as he was just moving so much faster than I was. Yes as I said the history was less meticulous, but he was just learning git.
VladVP
Post Demon
Post Demon

If you don't have Linux, and you don't want to install a Linux-based OS, you could always use Cygwin...
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

Oh I have Linux, and am always on it. The problem is in my repo a couple things broke on windows. Constantly rebooting to test is a major pain. And mingw isn't good enough, as I am /really/ testing MSVC builds, not running windows. If it works on gcc/linux, its basically good to go gcc/windows, especially with SDL.

If only we had some decent tests, we could do automated building and testing, but alas everything just run it and eyeball now.
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Sonarpulse wrote:
That would be an awesome logo.
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

That's the idea. :D
Anybody see the slight change from Ben's original logo?
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

I had to open it in Inkscape to see it.

Anyhow, there's a notable lack of GHC on this computer, so I'm going to have to install it.

EDIT:
[ben@sas hasnip]$ cabal configure
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring hasnip-0.1.0.0...
Warning: To use the 'default-language' field the package needs to specify at
least 'cabal-version: >= 1.10'.
[ben@sas hasnip]$ cabal build
Preprocessing executables for hasnip-0.1.0.0...
Preprocessing test suites for hasnip-0.1.0.0...
Building hasnip-0.1.0.0...
[1 of 1] Compiling Main ( src/Main.hs, dist/build/hasnip/hasnip-tmp/Main.o )

src/Main.hs:6:11: Not in scope: `setNumCapabilities'

src/Main.hs:6:34: Not in scope: `getNumCapabilities'
[ben@sas hasnip]$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 7.0.4
[ben@sas hasnip]$
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

Oh haha, yeah I am still doing the bindings and stuff. Hasnip just has some dummy main ATM and basically isn't started (beyond some server list stuff).

Glad you got GHC though!
222 posts Page 14 of 15 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”