VoxelWar Discussion thread

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
1001 posts Page 62 of 67 First unread post
LeCom

Well, compared to IB, vxw is actually nothing. Its code is messy crap which isn't very good for continuing development, and I would need to put much work into it to be able to release. It can be recoded in a much better way pretty fast. I can paste the most important code somewhere, including the 100% assemblerless Voxlap which was mostly "updated" for modern hardware. Iceball is a much better alternative, and won't divide the few people outside BnS.
If I would have developed VXW, then either for reddit or 4chan or similar, where there's already IB. It would be very convenient for all "outsiders" to unite and go on with it.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
Well, compared to IB, vxw is actually nothing. Its code is messy crap which isn't very good for continuing development, and I would need to put much work into it to be able to release. It can be recoded in a much better way pretty fast. I can paste the most important code somewhere, including the 100% assemblerless Voxlap which was mostly "updated" for modern hardware. Iceball is a much better alternative, and won't divide the few people outside BnS.
If I would have developed VXW, then either for reddit or 4chan or similar, where there's already IB. It would be very convenient for all "outsiders" to unite and go on with it.
give me the code anyways. I don't care if it's messy, I have literally been dealing with computers since I was five. my first coding language I learned in the fourth grade.
I'm pretty sure I will be capable of reading most of the code. I've already spent a year looking at voxlap based shit.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Why not try to implement voxlap-like rendering into OS OpenGl? I'd love to do this myself, bc I believe that some models would look awesome this way, but I've got some problems...
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

quick question lecom, are the player models and turrets, ect, done with the kvx/whatever_the_fuck_the_animation_model_sytem_is?
LeCom

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
quick question lecom, are the player models and turrets, ect, done with the kvx/whatever_the_fuck_the_animation_model_sytem_is?
Firstly, I'm using KV6 and not KVX. Secondly, animations work like in AoS (hardcoded), because the animation code wasn't compatible with the rewritten KV6 code.

@Chameleon: Does the SW renderer suck too much?
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

look what i found while looking at a stat tracer for the irc! it's a mod for the bomber. look underneath it.
Attachments
plane (1).kv6
look!
(200.29 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Icarus North wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
look what i found while looking at a stat tracer for the irc! it's a mod for the bomber. look underneath it.
:c no pics no clicks
the underside says "fuck you" and has two hands givng the finger.
LeCom

And who did it? o.O
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

this game is dead correct?

Good

now we can all fuck each other c:
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

bloodfox wrote:

Good

Aaaaand we introduce the shitpost supremo!

XD

But in all seriousness, yup VXW is dead. However IB is love and life.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Warp wrote:
bloodfox wrote:

Good

Aaaaand we introduce the shitpost supremo!
Thank you :)

I earned that title from blood, sweat and tears.
longbyte1
Deuced Up

Clearly BroCom failed to post source, so RIP till the summer I guess.
Qewien
Deuce

so wait, how's this going?
gen
Banned

happy to see this still alive Blue_BigSmile
longbyte1
Deuced Up

gen wrote:
happy to see this still alive Blue_BigSmile
happy to see you banned Green_BigSmile
kidding.
I hope LeCom gets over here and gives us some pep talk soon.
1001 posts Page 62 of 67 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”