VoxelWar Discussion thread

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
1001 posts Page 61 of 67 First unread post
LeFizzy
Deuced Up

Welcome!
Just like Summer.
Omen267901
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
Ima back
The posts made while I was away look so shitty that I'm not even going to read them.
So... Since christmas and new year parties are over, does everyone feel like it's spring now or still winter?
Trust me. Most of the stuff you missed was trolls and retards fighting. Anyone who actually had any ideas should probably repost them.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

korakoff is back.
LeCom

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
korakoff is back.
Don't even really know him.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Back after a bit dead, looks like the forums couldn't be anymore lively-er.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I have realised something after playing with OpenSpades and TopenSpadongs. The "zoomFOV" option in TopenSpadongs makes the game less enjoyable (maybe my mods are at fault) as the map feels too little, while OS lacks this and using OS my ratio went down a bit, but I seem to enjoy gameplay more.
So: messing with zoom makes quite a difference.
I suggest doing noticeable zoom only for rifle. Other weapons should have different effect - the view could be moved a little bit forward instead of decreasing fov (or have no change at all).
A bit more complex idea is adding scope attachments (it would be cool for a bolt action gun). Scopes would decrease rendering quality around the scope a lot and only the inside of the scope would be zoomed in. Kinda like this:
Not like this (except for blur effect outside the scope):

Ofc that can be a hell lot of work, but there are games older than 10 years that have this... No rush, it ain't bad if you don't do this, just an idea. Have a good day.
LeCom

Except for math shit, this would be pretty much 0 work to implement, since its Voxlap (if you mean zooming only where the scope is), it only affects performance a bit, because the lens thing is rendered a second time.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
Except for math shit, this would be pretty much 0 work to implement, since its Voxlap (if you mean zooming only where the scope is), it only affects performance a bit, because the lens thing is rendered a second time.
that's ken for you. anyhow, when can i set up that event i was telling you about?
and get Mrhax to do some models for you for Christ's sake. i'll get another friend of mine to do the artwork for the Gui
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Icarus North wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
LeCom wrote:
that's ken for you. anyhow, when can i set up that event i was telling you about?
and get Mrhax to do some models for you for Christ's sake. i'll get another friend of mine to do the artwork for the Gui
If I wasn't so slow and lazy and did my requests once in a while I would try to do something...

This weekend I'm gonna be using DoubleHelix with some Metroid buddies though.
i was referring to someone else who i know IRL, but feel free to go for it if you feel like it.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well sound system isn't bad I guess, it's the sounds themselves that are of "bad" quality. Unless I find enough sounds to replace all of them, I won't bother to do so (good enough for me). For models, they are too detailed. For example, ammo box could be a lot cleaner (improves FPS), tent - not hollow, HMG - half the detail.
Btw, LeCom once said that bad sounds/models/images encourage modding.

Right now most of the stuff seems to fit. I agree that the creator should get busy with coding, not modding.
For example, sprinting, moving while crouched, jumping, grenades should cause the view position (not angle)(not player position) to change a bit.
Sprinting seems fine. Crouching not - crouch and view angle shift happen separately (which looks strange). Both of them should be smoothed out, so fast crouch spamming would be impossible and it would look more naturally. Idk for jumping...
Grenade explosion shake - OS has too much of it. "Urban Terror" has just enough of that shake. Also, if there are going to be a bit more weapons, you should check out their loadout system too (it is quite fast and flexible). Also they've published the source of their GUI: https://github.com/FrozenSand/UrbanTerror42
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

lecom, since you clearly have no interest, you have been ordered to be court maritaled in order to find out:
-who, if anyone, will continue development
-if source will be released
-what your punishment is for so badly supporting a game
this will be held in the official VXW irc, most likely on this Saturday at 6:00 EST
Dany0
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I heard LeCom would be glad to help out with iceball.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Dany0 wrote:
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
btw, lecom, can you at least upload the VXW protocol so willy/topo/yvt/guy who makes topenspadeongs
Willy neither has nor even knows how to make anything.
topo made topenspadesdongs and has already stated he has no plans on continuing it.
yvt makes OpenSpades and his github is still getting commits so I assume hes doing something.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Mr.Torch wrote:
Dany0 wrote:
Possibly, based on one of his Reddit posts. However, you'll have to ask him.
1001 posts Page 61 of 67 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”