VoxelWar Discussion thread

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
1001 posts Page 29 of 67 First unread post
LeCom

Icarus North wrote:
Player_Dead.kv6 never seems to make it.
This could either be because 1) you uploaded a zip to the website, something I haven't seen anybody do, which is particularly annoying (Seriously, why not dropbox or MEGA or something? It's a lot less frustrating for people who want to actually play)

Or 2) You need to fix the software
3) I'm still working on the player_dead model because it's hard as heck to do and I don't give much of a fuck about the default models, so I'm doing it really slowly.

But I don't understand what is your problem with downloading zip files from BnS instead of other websites.

Edit and PS: Although shaz told me that there's a VXW airstrike error, he seems to have fixed it on himself. I don't know if airstrikes didn't work before, but they do in any case now. Cap the intel, look at the point you want to bomb and then type /airstrike. Depending on your team and position on the map you will have to wait for the (coarse) B-29s to arrive. Wierd humming noises indicate that it's probably too late to run >:)
fLaMeShOt
Deuced Up

i miss you ba by
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

This update seems much easier to use, thanks.

Will there be a better way of calling airstrikes? Just typing "/airstrike", while familiar could be replaced by a single key. :)
LeCom

Warp wrote:
This update seems much easier to use, thanks.

Will there be a better way of calling airstrikes? Just typing "/airstrike", while familiar could be replaced by a single key. :)
For the long run, you're right - I planned to implement some system that would allow to detect key presses that aren't related to the default controls, but I first have to figure out how exactly it would work, and the current controls are bearable. You can also use /a just like in the classic airstrikes :P
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Or you could do what they did with modloader and click a coordinate on your map.
LeCom

Why do we even talk about such unimportant things - I planned something like markers, which would be a perfect trigger.

The first priority is getting players, and that's what I'm doing now - currently coding the scripts for a blue vs. green match.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Woohoo! I sense an event coming up! (count me in)!Btw, what's coming up next for the update?
LeCom

Not sure if we need a new client update right now. The server update works with the current client, and everything needed for an event is already there (server just needs advanced logging stuff). I don't even exactly know, how some things would be better. Make a score table or not? If yes, how should I know what team a player is in, since one can freely join any team? Solve this problem by making everybody sign up before playing, or not?
And so on.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Hmmmmm.... May I suggest perhaps putting in a melee weapon? not now though
LeCom

bloodfox wrote:
Why do so many people want additional melee weapons? The spade is perfect.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

LeCom wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
Possibly because killing someone with a spade seems a bit strange :)

Maybe a pickaxe? Green_Sunglasses1
LeCom

Warp wrote:
LeCom wrote:
bloodfox wrote:
Possibly because killing someone with a spade seems a bit strange :)
That's why it's so good ;P
Warp wrote:
Would only require some KV6 editing. If you want, I can provide an additional KV6 for the pickaxe so you can switch :P
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

LeCom wrote:
Warp wrote:
Would only require some KV6 editing. If you want, I can provide an additional KV6 for the pickaxe so you can switch :P
Can do that already Green_Happy1

I might even make a sound pack for this release because the current ones are so annoying (and all clones anyway)
LeCom

You can disable sounds if they suck. Somebody suggested to make it more noticeable if a sound is far away. Close sounds are already stronger than far ones, but the difference isn't high enough.
Blender Man
Deuced Up

Wow, thats pretty impressive!
1001 posts Page 29 of 67 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”