VoxelWar Discussion thread

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
1001 posts Page 24 of 67 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Hm... That would be quite interesting to have png sights.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

I just prefer .png sights, because it lets me make a 1 pixel dot sight.
shaz

Progress is coming along very nicely, good job. Also I've added rainbowforest.vxl to the server.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Hi, there is an issue with VXW, when I click run server .bat, it gives me couldn't load kv6 player dead model. And then, once I fix it, it says I can't connect.
Oppy
Deuced Up

Last edited by Oppy on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

That isn't what I remembered. When I ran VXW, client and run server bat, it says I can't connect
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Nice!
Also, I meant how the pivots are positioned in VxW; identical to 0.75/76 or different?
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

LeCom wrote:
I suggest you put them all into one directory/group/whatever and have just one single link to all VXW videos.
I've put them all in one playlist, people should just check it then.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WeVRjMiA3p

---

The kv6 scopes actually would seem better if(idk if that would work well) they were drawn like this(in the bottom of the screen):
Spoiler:
What I mean is.. that it would be more convenient for the player. And then maybe decrease the tilting a little bit when scoping.
LeCom

@Mr.Torch: I know, I planned to make VXW additionally render a HD weapon scope, but haven't started such a thing yet.

@bloodfox: There's no reason why it shouldn't be able to connect anymore when using a proper model. I tested it out and it worked with a valid model.

@MrHaaax: IIRC they are positioned identically, or at least similarly. VXW makes players hold tools and guns at their pivot points if it's what you meant/asked.

@Frocs: Did you mean something like this:
GunScope.png
GunScope.png (64.69 KiB) Viewed 4228 times
;)
Will come in the next version (along with additional scope KV6 I think)
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

I would like an RPG. Before I get yelled at, I mean and anti-Armour/anti-fortification, nothing like the ones in 1.0

You would be able to carry 1-2, like Insurgency. (FYI, in WW2 there were RPG's like the PIAT and Panzerfaust), and no other explosives like grenades. I think that they should do between 1.4-1.7x the damage of a grenade, with a quite a lot longer range than a grenade. It should be used to destroy Pillboxes etc, and to take out the HMG enplacements.

I hope that this means that this wouldn't be OP as long as there is a long load time, so you have to pull it out, slide it in, then fire.
LeCom

Warp wrote:
I would like an RPG. Before I get yelled at, I mean and anti-Armour/anti-fortification, nothing like the ones in 1.0

You would be able to carry 1-2, like Insurgency. (FYI, in WW2 there were RPG's like the PIAT and Panzerfaust), and no other explosives like grenades. I think that they should do between 1.4-1.7x the damage of a grenade, with a quite a lot longer range than a grenade. It should be used to destroy Pillboxes etc, and to take out the HMG enplacements.

I hope that this means that this wouldn't be OP as long as there is a long load time, so you have to pull it out, slide it in, then fire.
Heh, the classic RPG suggestion. Well, the anti-fortification part is fulfilled by sapper squads (maybe explosives later), and we don't have armoured vehicles yet, so it would be pretty pointless right now.
Last edited by LeCom on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

waitwaitwaitwait

YET?!!??!?!?!!??!?!
LeCom

Zekamalikyd wrote:
waitwaitwaitwait

YET?!!??!?!?!!??!?!
Idk, JohnRambozo suggested airstrikes with real planes, which seems possible to implement, but I think HD planes would reduce framerate by 1/2
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

LeCom wrote:
Warp wrote:

Heh, the classic RPG suggestion. Well, the anti-fortification part is fulfilled by sapper squads (maybe explosives later), and we don't have armoured vehicles yet, so it would be pretty pointless right now.
Sapper squads? Sounds interesting. Say more...
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

Do we need HD things for the game?
1001 posts Page 24 of 67 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”