VoxelWar Discussion thread

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
1001 posts Page 23 of 67 First unread post
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

LeCom wrote:
Updated client to 0.0.0.3, waiting for Shaz to update too. VXW 0.0.0.3 is compatible to the 0.0.0.2 server, you just can't damage blocks with mortars yet.

Any particular reason why nobody is playing VXW? Only like 1/10 of all players who download VXW actually even try connecting at least once. No idea what others do with it, but I don't think that they all just fail connecting or something.
1) They have other things to do and forget.
2) for the lazy it might be to hard to start (or something)

I have played it, and think it could be really good Green_BigSmile

Haven't tried mortars yet, sounds fun.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

I guess not that many people know about it yet, which could change after an event.

And when the sounds come, it will probably attract more players because the sounds make it much more awesome than it currently is.

Btw: Sometime I will try to make a "trailer".
LeFizzy
Deuced Up

They will not know about it.

They should try to put some "games like Minecraft" page to ask the webmaster to put out the VoxelWar.
-Or perhaps it wish a website.

@Frocs! video very good idea, but only to find that he is really looking at doing.
Blue_Happy1 Green_Happy1
LeCom

I planned an event, but first I want somebody to clear this thread or let me begin a new one, because this one is full of BS from openspades. Then I will be able to link to it, and make a match. I already sent a forums PM to izzy, but I have no idea how many weeks it will take until he sees it (or goes online ._.) .

Good that you remind me of making sounds - I always planned that but never actually started cause I never worked with audio before. I started writing sound code, it already plays the explosions (most important part of the VXW audio - it even has a proper sound that I created with some effort :o ).

The trailer is a great idea. I'm not enough into making videos to create a good one. But consider that with future updates (especially sound), a trailer made right now may become deprecated.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Hey Lecom! I made a splash screen that might fit VXW more...

what do you think?
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

LeCom wrote:
[...]a trailer made right now may become deprecated.
Yeah, I mean for the future when it's 0.1.0 or sth.

@bloodfox: looks cool
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Thanks! And Lecom, feel free to use it as the default splash! :D
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

LeCom

Please don't suggest anything for the default mod. It's ok as it is right now, since it should only be a template. If the default mod isn't of very high quality, players tend to download more custom mods, which is an advantage for modders.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

LeCom

I suggest you put them all into one directory/group/whatever and have just one single link to all VXW videos.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

After watching the videos _Frocs_ posted, (I hadn't seen any gameplay before them and had no idea the game was that far along). Please oh please add an option to use a .png as the rifle scope instead of having it float in front of you. If you already clarified this before and said you didn't want to do that for some reason that's fine, but I think it would be harmless as an option. (If you can't it still looks great either way, good job). :)))
LeCom

Mr.Torch wrote:
After watching the videos _Frocs_ posted, (I hadn't seen any gameplay before them and had no idea the game was that far along). Please oh please add an option to use a .png as the rifle scope instead of having it float in front of you. If you already clarified this before and said you didn't want to do that for some reason that's fine, but I think it would be harmless as an option. (If you can't it still looks great either way, good job). :)))
I'm planning to make PNG scopes be rendered at a specific position in the gun scope KV6 (optionally).
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

I don't understand what you mean by 'rendering .png at defined position in kv6', please specify?
And yes, how are the models positioned? I'd like to.. fix them a bit.
LeCom

MrHaaax wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by 'rendering .png at defined position in kv6', please specify?
And yes, how are the models positioned? I'd like to.. fix them a bit.
It would render the .png as a 3D rectangle in the world, just as if you had some glass attached to your gun containing the contents of the .png, but I'm not fully sure if it will work well (IIRC last time I used that function in Voxlap, it was slow as heck).
Models are positioned after their pivot points, as they should be.
1001 posts Page 23 of 67 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”