Request: basic tutorials - post links to tuts!

Instructions for using and creating mods.
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Leif_The_Head
Deuced Up

I've seen some people around here, maybe not only "some", a bit more, who don't know how to do some things, be it mapmaking or modeling.

So I would prefer just a list of basic tutorials sticked to the top of "Tutorials", including links to other topics (or youtube videos*) being those basic tutorials, obviously.
*= I don't prefer Youtube videos as tutorials due to the fact creating takes time, with posts you just can read by the way and scroll maybe, on Youtube you have to stop the video, doing your step, and if you want to go over something again you need to go back in the timeline, which is easier by just re-reading
After some research you could find good tutorials, but noone shares them saying "Hey, this tutorial helped me, maybe you should also check it out". This is what I want to be changed.
Whenever you find a good tutorial or even created one, just post a link and a description, what exactly it is about (e.g. push-map scripting), here. (good example: Taboo's "comprehensive guide to iron sight making" See? I linked it! That's what all this is about!)
I would collect, check and manage those links in categories (like modeling, mapmaking, making sights etc.).

Just DicotheRedstoner's motto: "Sharing is caring".
If someone asks then, you just can link them to the list or even directly to the tutorial about what he's asking for.

Now, IF something in that way really exists, it is way too hidden.

btw: i would appreciate feedback about that from the admins here
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Not a bad idea. How about this?

But seriously... if you're volunteering to compile a list of useful tutorials then, by all means, be my guest! I will gladly sticky said list to the top of the Tutorials forum.
Leif_The_Head
Deuced Up

Then I'll start collecting links tomorrow, I have plenty of time cause I got off the rest of the week due to finals :D
(Which also means I can play more again, I don't have to learnd anymore :D)
3 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Guides / Tutorials”