Confirmed hackers list

Tell us all about your server! Where is it located? Who's in charge? What are the rules? Game modes? Maps?
22 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
koronelkhunt
Deuced Up

basically everywhere then?
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

"Severity: Severe"
MidnightWolf
Deuce

SnIpEr wrote:
Hey MidnightWolf, you still there m8?
Can you share the error that led server to crash? I might get someone to fix it.
Also, you should look into adding anti-cheat scripts, like aimbot2.py and banhammer.py.
Yours is a good server but sadly the only protection it has is (probably) just you and nowadays thats not enough.
Even if the GBL was still active, that'd not help much against the cheaters we have now.

Hey there,

I used wrong term, it is not crashing, more like freeze. I think it is related to people using hacks and sending invalid data to server, and it is unable to process it. I don't use newest pyspades server because the one availabe for download does not work on my server machine (when I try to start it gives some python error complaining about some erroreous/missing dll. It is related to having the binary compiled on a newer version of windows than what is installed on my server (most probably the newest pyspades was compiled on windows 8, whereas my server runs windows 7 based server operating system).

Thanks for the tip, I gonna look into those scripts.
ByteBit
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

MidnightWolf wrote:
I used wrong term, it is not crashing, more like freeze.
ddos?
MidnightWolf
Deuce

Maybe it is DDOS, I have no idea. I did notice several random IP adresses flooding my server with connect/disconnect attempts every once in a while. I also banned a guy who used to play a lot on my server and turned out he is a hacker. I get a lot less server freeze now, several days of uptime is possible now. A few months ago server freeze and/or crash was a common daily scenario.

I wonder if it is DDOS, how come other servers don't suffer from it this much? Better defense, if so, how?
ByteBit

Hosting Hallway is the problem. It's even easier for hackers to aimbot there because of the wide open fields. (specially at spawns and on top of the huge walls)
SnIpEr
Deuce

Im staff at aloha and I remember someone going through all the servers and do something with grenade that would cause an error on the server. One of our sysadmins fixed it, player attempting to cause error will now be kicked for "Invalid grenade data" . I'm not sure if that fix was put into the pysnip repo and I dont think I have seen that kick message appear again latelly.
ddos wouldnt cause server to crash, it would just lose connection to the players and they would dc often, but server would still work without errors.
22 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Server Info & News”