Why don't people play 0.76?

Tell us all about your server! Where is it located? Who's in charge? What are the rules? Game modes? Maps?
31 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Is there a problem with 0.76?
If so what is it?
I would like to know because I want to host a 0.76 server.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Lincent wrote:
Is there a problem with 0.76?
If so what is it?
I would like to know because I want to host a 0.76 server.
Because BnS endorses 0.75 instead. I don't know why, that's just the way it is. Maybe it's because the SMG is so overpowered in 0.75, people would want to play that because it is basically a free version of Call of Duty/Minecraft?
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

.75 is more popular because it been around longer and some people just don't like the feeling of it, if there were people that organized.76 events the activity would rise. idk jut make an event on .76 that would grab peoples intrest
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

pedroelrapist wrote:
idk jut make an event on .76 that would grab peoples intrest
it's called the leagues
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

Zekamalikyd wrote:
pedroelrapist wrote:
idk jut make an event on .76 that would grab peoples intrest
it's called the leagues
Huh but only league teams and clan play it, there needs to be events other like tam of ctf on .76 not competitions.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

pedroelrapist wrote:
Huh but only league teams and clan play it, there needs to be events other like tam of ctf on .76 not competitions.
everyone can play, they just need a forum account and a team to play with.
and there have been events for .76 by clans (<clan name> vs forums)
and people can make events. you just need people to join.
so you with your retard reputation won't bring many people.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

So what do people want in 0.76, as I as a server hoster can provide?
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

People just rarely play on it. Most of the time if you're lucky you'd get 2-3 players who then leave because of low activity....and the cycle continues.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

.75 has more players so players won't play .76 for very long. The problem there is that the league and most events are on .76 so when players get used to the .75 rifle they have bad performance in the events.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Jdrew wrote:
.75 has more players so players won't play .76 for very long. The problem there is that the league and most events are on .76 so when players get used to the .75 rifle they have bad performance in the events.
So you are saying that I as a server hoster can change the rifle to have good performance.
Otherwise, you didn't point out how to fix the problem stated.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

There is no way to fix the problem as it is with the game version
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Teeth wrote:
People just rarely play on it. Most of the time if you're lucky you'd get 2-3 players who then leave because of low activity....and the cycle continues.
It is going to be a per server basis. In other words we can make one 76 server popular at a time. Popular as in it generally has more than 20 players. I am willing to play on aloha tower of babel 76 once a day with people on mumble to try to spur its popularity.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

danhezee wrote:
Teeth wrote:
It is going to be a per server basis. In other words we can make one 76 server popular at a time. Popular as in it generally has more than 20 players. I am willing to play on aloha tower of babel 76 once a day with people on mumble to try to spur its popularity.
Good idea, we mumble users should organize more frequently and join the aloha.pk tower of babel 0.76 server. That way, we could make it more popular Blue_BigSmile
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Most of us are on later in the day when the majority of the 0.76 players would be gone so it wouldn't actually cause any change in the system.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Jdrew wrote:
Most of us are on later in the day when the majority of the 0.76 players would be gone so it wouldn't actually cause any change in the system.
When there are a few people (about 10) in the server, it will be higher in the list. That means some players will see it and join. That means also AoS players who aren't on the forums.
Not everyone who plays 0.76 comes from the same country/timezone.
Last edited by Ballistic on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
31 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Server Info & News”