LAN support?

Ask others for their services or be of service to others.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Vul
Deuce

Soo... I live in a dormitory for university, and I have to connect with a public router which is not under my control, so I just can't access AoS because of the closed ports. But whatever, this is not a troubleshooting topic.

I would like to be able to have some fun lan games with my friends here, but sadly to open a server there's always the need to connect to the master server. Maybe I'm not the only one that wants to make a private lan without internet with friends. Is there any way already to play lan AoS without being connected to the internet? Well, I'm opening this topic because I think there isn't. So I wonder if there is any possible way to create a mod to play lan AoS and if someone else is interested in making it. Obviously I'm an idiot and I have no idea how to do it, or help with it, Green_tongue so this is just a suggestion.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

on the server list click local host connect and you will join a server that is on your network. You can also have it set so that it doesn't show on the master server.
Vul
Deuce

jdrew wrote:
on the server list click local host connect and you will join a server that is on your network. You can also have it set so that it doesn't show on the master server.
That's the point, I still have to connect to the master server, so it doesn't work. I get the "server connection failed" error when I connect in the dormitory. If there was a real lan connection, I could connect even without internet on (and in my case, without the need to open the ports that I can't open).
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

well you call always connect using an IP or aos:// URL if you don't want to go to the website
mylesd98
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

[Deleted]
Last edited by mylesd98 on Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vul
Deuce

jdrew wrote:
well you call always connect using an IP or aos:// URL if you don't want to go to the website
That's not the point, I want to play without internet at all, not just without browser. When I need internet the game is not working from this public connection.
mylesd98 wrote:
if you edit your servers config file, and switch master from true, to false,
then the master server will not connect to the internet, you should then be able to access the server by using this in the run bar:
aos://16777343
Notice theres no port? ;) hope i helped

Edit: incase you havnt hosted a server before, you will need to otherwhys you will get failed to connect
I'm sad that this request topic is quickly becoming a troubleshooting topic. Sorry everyone, maybe I should have opened this somewhere else Green_Crying
Now, I never hosted a server before, I tried but it's problematic from this connection. Even if I set "register = 0" on the server_config.ini I still get the message "Remember to open/forward UDP port something on your router" when starting server.exe, and I obviously can't open the ports, consequently I get this message "Could not retrieve IP address".
If I can't open a server without connecting to the internet, it's still impossible to have a proper lan. Or maybe I'm just stupid and I'm doing something wrong.
Last edited by Vul on Mon May 20, 2013 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

just set master to false in the config if you don't want it to connect to the master server and then you can just use the aos:// protocol to connect to servers.
Vul
Deuce

jdrew wrote:
just set master to false in the config if you don't want it to connect to the master server and then you can just use the aos:// protocol to connect to servers.
Isn't "setting the master to false" exactly what I've done when I have done this? Here:
Vul wrote:
I set "register = 0" on the server_config.ini
If that's the case, it seems that I am still connecting on the internet in a way or the other. I am just not "advertising on the master server", but I am connecting to it, or to something else. Can anyone here open a server with internet completely shut down?
mylesd98
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

[Deleted]
Last edited by mylesd98 on Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BR_
Coder
Coder

Sorry for necro.

To connect over LAN, find your local IP address, say 192.168.1.1. Reverse it so it's 1.1.168.192. Stick it into http://www.geektools.com/geektools-cgi/ipconv.cgi . You get 16885952. Your local aos address is aos://16885952:port (leave off :port if you use the default port, 32887). Make a shortcut or use cmd or something. "C:\Ace of Spades\client.exe" +aos://16885952
or whatever path I think it's "%APPDATA%\Build and Shoot\Game Installations\0.75\client.exe" now
good2go
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Requests & Offers”