Aloha Counterstrike arena needs more maps!

Ask others for their services or be of service to others.
18 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Heracles4
Veterans
Veterans

Hello there. CS Arena needs more maps, and unfortunately, SIMOX is gone, and Danke is too busy. I would request that anyone who cares would make a CS map. We would very much appreciate it. In particular, maybe de_aztec, de_nuke, or de_inferno.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Why don't you go make one?
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Nikhao has a de_nuke map in progress. As for the other maps, you will have to make them yourself.
Heracles4
Veterans
Veterans

Er... Did I not see the title of this section? I could've sworn it was labeled as 'Requests'.

I am requesting this, you guys, because I cannot make a map from scratch. I do have two maps, but they were both built on pre-existing maps.
Roulette
League Participant
League Participant

No it doesn't. Worst thing is if it turned out like top 10 or arena all maps, where the maps are so small, I could throw a grenade from one side to the other.
Its called CS because the maps are from the game counterstrike, it would make no sense to add in random ones.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Roulette wrote:
No it doesn't. Worst thing is if it turned out like top 10 or arena all maps, where the maps are so small, I could throw a grenade from one side to the other.
Its called CS because the maps are from the game counterstrike, it would make no sense to add in random ones.
Can you read the first post before commenting?
Roulette
League Participant
League Participant

Jdrew wrote:
Roulette wrote:
Can you read the first post before commenting?
Shit, I missed that. If they are from counter strike then by all means go ahead. Not too familiar with the names myself.
Lostmotel
League Participant
League Participant

some of these could be converted into playable aos maps with only little editing I suppose http://tf3dm.com/search/?q=cs&format=Al ... rch=Search
I didn't manage to be able to export the textures in blender with the 3ds file last time I tried. Maybe someone using 3ds max or maya would be able to do that?
Of course you could also take the blank model and texture it yourself in slab6. Unfortunately this would take a lot of time, so I'm not sure if there's anyone willing to take your request...
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I downloaded the india model from the link lost-motel posted, colored it in qubicle, and pasted it into voxed. Whole process was done under 10 minutes. Now you have to go and set up the gates for arena.
Attachments
amp_india.vxl
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 304 times
Heracles4
Veterans
Veterans

I don't suppose you could do that for the maps I said in the OP? Aloha in its entirety would very much appreciate it.
Danke
Scripter
Scripter

got bored so I tried it out:
cs_assault:
cs_militia:

They need checking to make sure everything is playable, but they should be done as far as glitch-proofing and error fixing.
I dunno how well they will work on the server though, campers could drag these out even longer than italy or office.
I also tried de_aztec, but it came out missing a lot of objects, so that one might take longer.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Danke wrote:
got bored so I tried it out:
cs_assault:
cs_militia:

They need checking to make sure everything is playable, but they should be done as far as glitch-proofing and error fixing.
I dunno how well they will work on the server though, campers could drag these out even longer than italy or office.
I also tried de_aztec, but it came out missing a lot of objects, so that one might take longer.
I like all the different shades of blocks you put in the cs_assault map
Heracles4
Veterans
Veterans

Heh, thanks Danke. You are wunderbar. But, is there anyone other than Danke who would care enough to contribute?
Danke
Scripter
Scripter

1Shot1Kill wrote:
I like all the different shades of blocks you put in the cs_assault map
They are actually converted from the real counterstrike map. I 'homogenized' the textures on militia as it came out much too noisy.
Converting is problematic, and the textures aren't mapped correctly, so for militia and italy I reduced the textures to a single color.
Heracles4
Veterans
Veterans

So Danke, will those two be added to CS maps?
18 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Requests & Offers”