Why change anything?

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
14 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Scipion
League Participant
League Participant

Why is the set up of the forums changed from the old forums? I agree some sub sections should be merged because we don't have many members, but other than that I'd like this forum to be as similar to the old one as far as the set up goes. Couldn't care less about the theme.
I'm planning to be active on these forums and these forums only, other than SPQR's official forums, so this is something that's important to me and could also raise the popularity if it doesn't seem too complicated.
Thoughts?
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Well we want to do a proper customization section, that can handle file uploading and voting and sorting and searching. That is the main reason Mods and Maps isnt up.
hindos
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I'd like the background to change to biege or somesuch, rather then this bright headache-inducing whiteness.
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

The theme of the forum is fine, but seems to be a default theme, will you guys add a new theme or change it ? Or you want to keep it ?
Maybe you are working on it
TheGrandmaster
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

There's a custom theme on its way afaik, with nice logo and everything :)
Carnage
Deuce

TheGrandmaster wrote:
Good to hear.
MKU
Artist
Artist

Scipion wrote:
Why is the set up of the forums changed from the old forums? I agree some sub sections should be merged because we don't have many members, but other than that I'd like this forum to be as similar to the old one as far as the set up goes. Couldn't care less about the theme.
I'm planning to be active on these forums and these forums only, other than SPQR's official forums, so this is something that's important to me and could also raise the popularity if it doesn't seem too complicated.
Thoughts?
Look at it like this. Build and Shoot is an alternative community, while the old forums were for a game. Since we are just an alternative community, we don't need the excessive amount of sections as a game would need.
MKU
Artist
Artist

Also, what you guys don't know is that there is a theme that is customized and will be used but it's still a WIP. I just provided the final version of the logo and should be up soon (I presume).
Silnius
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

TheGrandmaster wrote:
I'm impatient to see that ;)
EssigGurkenFred
Deuced Up

danhezee wrote:
Well we want to do a proper customization section, that can handle file uploading and voting and sorting and searching. That is the main reason Mods and Maps isnt up.
This sounds good.

PS: Why doesn´t this site has a favicon?
Heracles4
Veterans
Veterans

Still, this site should really have mapping, modding, media, Signature shops, and tech sections
The reason for separated Media and signature, is that signature shops usually spam the media section.
brickyphone
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Modding, this place really needs a modding section!
rakiru
Coder
Coder

I've been asking for one, but I'm sure there are more important things that they need to focus on.
EssigGurkenFred
Deuced Up

rakiru wrote:
I've been asking for one, but I'm sure there are more important things that they need to focus on.
Yes, there are.

But I think it wouldn´t be too hard for them to create a few more sections we need to have.
14 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”