Build and Shoot Newletters?

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
19 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

I wasn't actively around on the forums when they were coming out but they were so cool. Why did they stop? The game still has some things going on that are newsletter worthy.
ByteBit
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Kuunikal wrote:
Why did they stop?
Because all the admins (who made the news) left us.
backwardsbash
Deuce

We could be allowed to write it ourselves right? I don't have a lot of time, but once a month could be great and it could give me time to make it nice.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

only admins can make newsletters in that forum
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

I sense rebirth....
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Well you can blame Izzy, all he or she cares about is aloha.pk .
backwardsbash wrote:
We could be allowed to write it ourselves right? I don't have a lot of time, but once a month could be great and it could give me time to make it nice.
Yeah we should give all of that responsibility to you, bloodfox would just go around praising his "project" and Kuunikal would just advertise his Youtube channel at every opportunity.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

and lincent will still stay here doing absolutely nothing and having his head stuck up in his ass he doesn't know that he's desperate to stay on the forums cause his social life is a wreck :D
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Exactly!
Thanks for agreeing with me bloodfox.
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

bloodfox wrote:
and lincent will still stay here doing absolutely nothing and having his head stuck up in his ass he doesn't know that he's desperate to stay on the forums cause his social life is a wreck :D
We shouldn't hate on Lincent, even if he wants us to. He likes being edgy, and getting mad at him won't do us any good. He's a very smart member of the community, and has ideas that we should consider, even if he says them while sounding really harsh. It's just who he is, and we shouldn't hate/ban/mute him. That's why mods aren't doing any of that -- he's decent.
tin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

As for the news, they were mostly community-written. There is a group called News Team, in which everyone contributes with some part to the newsletter. That, as you can see, hasn't been active for quite some time now. However, I think that reviving the news is a good idea and assembling a new team of people that are interested and active is an option for sure.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Definitely. Older people are coming back and if they see that admins are active, that's definitely the motivation they need to fix up this community.
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

I would gladly write it.

As long as there's actually people to read it and there's staff to publish it.
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

It ended when dan left, I tried to get it revived a few times, but unfortunately nothing can/will happen without staff leadership.
StartingMSDOS
Deuce

Guess not :/
Monstarules
Organizer
Organizer

There is a lack of drive for the newsletter, not just because Dan left, but because the community grew a lot less wholesome, and became very edgy and sour over the years due to childish drama and bullshit between members. I'm guilty of being part of the issues in the past as well, certainly. In addition, some people have been part of the community for over 5 years, and are just done with AoS in general. There really hasn't been much happening anywhere as of late. With the recent release of the AHT made by Yuyasato, there probably will be a marginal increase in players activity due to less hackers, and requiring less active staff on a lot of servers.

As far as it goes, I was part of the news team in the past, and the project is relatively simple as long as everyone does the work. Each member pretty much got assigned a section to do, and it would be collaborated on through Google Docs. Then an editor would fix spelling mistakes, grammar, and inappropriate/highly opinionated ideas, and it would get released. That being said, the news articles fell out of favor due to previously mentioned issues between members, as well as people retiring from staff positions, and the news team. Remember: real life comes first.
19 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”