[SPQR]

General information, roster, rules, and recruitment for player-organized clans.
104 posts Page 1 of 7 First unread post
tin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SPQR clan has a rich history – SPQR has been around for quite a while, so that isn’t really a surprise! A brief overview to sink your teeth into: SPQR was first established on the second incarnation of the Ace of Spades forums in June, 2012. The leaders at the time were Tin (who has stuck around and still leads today – this clan has and always will be Tin’s baby) and Scipion, who is a present SPQR member. SPQR gained members relatively quickly for a clan based around an indie game, and soon found itself with around 35 members. One of the first members to join was sax (SPQR’s other current leader), who joined a month after the clan’s inception. Two months after joining, sax and another clan member who had recently join, Kodiak, were promoted to the special rank Legatus, essentially a co-leader rank. Later in 2012, Scipion left us briefly and Kodiak was promoted to leader. In December 2012, however, everything changed. Jagex came in and, well, spoiled things. In February, 2013, after a drop of activity in SPQR, Tin changed the name of the clan to {ToW} and promoted sax to leader in the hopes of getting some members and boosting activity. It worked, too – we moved offsite to minit.nu, a site for a group of servers that several SPQR members are staff on. We got several new members and a few old ones coming back to join us again. Under a new name, and with new leadership, {ToW} flourished. Over the next months, Tin and sax had several nostalgic discussions about the way SPQR used to be. After pitching the idea to the members, we decided to revive SPQR. So, on the 8th of June, 2013, on the first anniversary of its birth, SPQR rose from the ashes to stand tall once again. Under the leadership of Tin and sax, who were determined to make it work, SPQR stood up and stood tall.

After leaving SPQR in late 2012, Kodiak was left clanless. However, he made many new friends in SPQR and continued to keep in touch of them, chief among which was topo. Just prior to the start of 2013, Kodiak formulated the idea for a new clan, one which would borrow heavily from his experiences in previous clans such as the Komrades and Enclave, as well as from his time in SPQR. This clan was the become 'LINES'. Over the course of the next year, LINES began to grow. Founded upon the ideals of mateship, comeraderie and a generally ambitious, though relaxed attitude towards gaming and other ventures, LINES integrated itself into the Ace of Spades community with absolute success. With a heavy focus upon IRC activity, the clan's IRC channel on the Minit network grew not only into a place of communication for members, but a veritable hive of activity for Ace of Spades players across the community. Soon after LINES was formed, Season 1 of the Build and Shoot league began. Here, LINES enjoyed enormous success, winning all matches until the final, where a draw was called due to unforeseen circumstances. It was during or just prior to this period that many of the most active and loyal LINES members joined and contributed to our community, such as Juxta and Hawkan. Throughout the year, LINES became more than a simple clan, but a brotherhood (and Salina) of Ace of Spades players who have come to find immense enjoyment in eachothers company and form relatively long-standing friendships.

Now, what is this all about? First SPQR's history and then LINES' history? You might have guessed it, but here it is - SPQR and LINES are going to merge into a new, unique, stable and harmonious clan. So here it is, we present you LINESPQR.
Here are few other general things about LINESPQR. Our tag would be a combination of LINES' and SPQR's - |SPQR|. We would have a channel on LDRoT (#LINESPQR) and our focus would be both on IRC and forums (but mostly on IRC). When it comes to forums, our website would be aimpot.com (domain can be changed if requested). A decent website would allow us to present ourselves as a more than a clan - as a community. With lots of various members (modders, artists, coders) we could do much more than just being a clan. There are many directions in which we could expand, for example we could also be a hosting community with several Ace of Spades servers and a decent Minecraft server (or any other server that we wish to host, e.g Starbound, MTA, Terraria). If we wish to, we don't even have to focus only on Ace of Spades, with that size and amount of quality members we can expand on other games and in other bigger communities. This merge would provide a balance between time zones and people from every region would have enough clan mates from same region so wherever you are from, this clan will suit you (regarding timezones). For Season 4 we would have two different teams - European lead by tin and Australian/USA team led by Will. If needed, we could even create a third, but that would probably be too much and organizing matches would be difficult.
This is just an announcement, the merge will happen after a final match vs. SPQR and LINES on Saturday, 4th January. I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.
Last edited by tin on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

{ToW} master race.
CaptainCake
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

how2honorary
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

CaptainCake wrote:
how2honorary
Make an application and say that you want to be a slave.
CaptainCake

Ok so:
I want to be a slave!
Why is that?
Well, first of all, let me intruduce myself. I'm a cake and I love trees.
I used to be a proud member of the people of Rome and, I had these 2 friends: Max and Timmy. One day, Timmy got mad at me and Max and told some shit (of course I did not do them) about us to the court. The court arrested us. They turned us into gladiators (and we were winning everything) but, they discovered we were using poison in our enemies before the games start. They tortured us. Me and Max were having a sad life in the gladiator role. One day, I finnaly got defeated (Max didn't) but, the other guy spared me. Since they didn't saw any more use for my gladiator carreer because the public didn't liked me anymore, they made me a slave.
Fucking hell, those were the best days of my life. But everything good ends. The barbarians stopped the Roman Empire. I was no longer a slave. I was sad as fuck. Right now, Im a rich comerciant in the mediterranean sea. But what I truly want to be, is a slave. Now, I found this great oppurtunity to get back into my best days.
Please accept my application and make me a slave of your great empire.

ok i also want to be a honorary coz im friendly with all of you in the SPQR clan and well, thats basicly why ;) but yea, consider this app please :)
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

im leader of this clan
tin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Will wrote:
im leader of this clan
Right, updated.

I am sorry that I have forgotten that.

@Cake: We will get back to you in few days.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

u mis spelt spqueer
u know i jk ok lub u
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

Venator is in SS.
AWhiteGuy
League Participant
League Participant

we should have will be clan sex slave
deathslayer21

I must say the slaves are a brilliant idea... Every clan should have them.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

deathslayer21 wrote:
I must say the slaves are a brilliant idea... Every clan should have them.
Exactly!
Dominis
League Participant
League Participant

I like potatoes
Huyboy
Deuced Up

Wasn't this in Ancient Rome as well?
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Huyboy wrote: