[SPQR]

General information, roster, rules, and recruitment for player-organized clans.
104 posts Page 5 of 7 First unread post
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

Granny wrote:
What servers do you guys hang out on? I'm thinkinf about applying, but I like to get to know members first, preferably in-game.
IRC, Facebook and Mumble.
Stryker
Deuced Up

In-Game Name: Stryker or S.Stryker
Personal Essay: Hi i'm stryker i live in Manila, Philippines... I am not really a pro but im a good player... I prefer to use SMG's on small maps and Rifle for Large maps...
Time Zone: UCT +8
Last edited by Stryker on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Philippines is +8 not -8
Dominis
League Participant
League Participant

Stryker wrote:
Personal Essay: Hi i'm stryker i live in Manila, Philippines... I am not really a pro but im a good player... I prefer to use SMG's on small maps and Rifle for Large maps...
Time Zone: UCT -8
Be sure to be active on IRC and check out our website http://www.aimpot.com . Try to make friends with us because that is what counts most. We will reply in max. two weeks. (You have time to leave a good impression.)

Good luck!
Stryker
Deuced Up

Dominis wrote:
Stryker wrote:
Time Zone: UCT -8
Be sure to be active on IRC and check out our website http://www.aimpot.com . Try to make friends with us because that is what counts most. We will reply in max. two weeks. (You have time to leave a good impression.)

Good luck!
Thanks!
tin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SPQR clan has a rich history – SPQR has been around for quite a while, so that isn’t really a surprise! A brief overview to sink your teeth into: SPQR was first established on the second incarnation of the Ace of Spades forums in June, 2012. The leaders at the time were Tin (who has stuck around and still leads today – this clan has and always will be Tin’s baby) and Scipion, who is a present SPQR member. SPQR gained members relatively quickly for a clan based around an indie game, and soon found itself with around 35 members. One of the first members to join was sax (SPQR’s other current leader), who joined a month after the clan’s inception. Two months after joining, sax and another clan member who had recently join, Kodiak, were promoted to the special rank Legatus, essentially a co-leader rank. Later in 2012, Scipion left us briefly and Kodiak was promoted to leader. In December 2012, however, everything changed. Jagex came in and, well, spoiled things. In February, 2013, after a drop of activity in SPQR, Tin changed the name of the clan to {ToW} and promoted sax to leader in the hopes of getting some members and boosting activity. It worked, too – we moved offsite to minit.nu, a site for a group of servers that several SPQR members are staff on. We got several new members and a few old ones coming back to join us again. Under a new name, and with new leadership, {ToW} flourished. Over the next months, Tin and sax had several nostalgic discussions about the way SPQR used to be. After pitching the idea to the members, we decided to revive SPQR. So, on the 8th of June, 2013, on the first anniversary of its birth, SPQR rose from the ashes to stand tall once again. Under the leadership of Tin and sax, who were determined to make it work, SPQR stood up and stood tall.

After leaving SPQR in late 2012, Kodiak was left clanless. However, he made many new friends in SPQR and continued to keep in touch of them, chief among which was topo. Just prior to the start of 2013, Kodiak formulated the idea for a new clan, one which would borrow heavily from his experiences in previous clans such as the Komrades and Enclave, as well as from his time in SPQR. This clan was the become 'LINES'. Over the course of the next year, LINES began to grow. Founded upon the ideals of mateship, comeraderie and a generally ambitious, though relaxed attitude towards gaming and other ventures, LINES integrated itself into the Ace of Spades community with absolute success. With a heavy focus upon IRC activity, the clan's IRC channel on the Minit network grew not only into a place of communication for members, but a veritable hive of activity for Ace of Spades players across the community. Soon after LINES was formed, Season 1 of the Build and Shoot league began. Here, LINES enjoyed enormous success, winning all matches until the final, where a draw was called due to unforeseen circumstances. It was during or just prior to this period that many of the most active and loyal LINES members joined and contributed to our community, such as Juxta and Hawkan. Throughout the year, LINES became more than a simple clan, but a brotherhood (and Salina) of Ace of Spades players who have come to find immense enjoyment in eachothers company and form relatively long-standing friendships.

Now, what is this all about? First SPQR's history and then LINES' history? You might have guessed it, but here it is - SPQR and LINES are going to merge into a new, unique, stable and harmonious clan. So here it is, we present you LINESPQR.
Here are few other general things about LINESPQR. Our tag would be a combination of LINES' and SPQR's - |SPQR|. We would have a channel on LDRoT (#LINESPQR) and our focus would be both on IRC and forums (but mostly on IRC). When it comes to forums, our website would be aimpot.com (domain can be changed if requested). A decent website would allow us to present ourselves as a more than a clan - as a community. With lots of various members (modders, artists, coders) we could do much more than just being a clan. There are many directions in which we could expand, for example we could also be a hosting community with several Ace of Spades servers and a decent Minecraft server (or any other server that we wish to host, e.g Starbound, MTA, Terraria). If we wish to, we don't even have to focus only on Ace of Spades, with that size and amount of quality members we can expand on other games and in other bigger communities. This merge would provide a balance between time zones and people from every region would have enough clan mates from same region so wherever you are from, this clan will suit you (regarding timezones). For Season 4 we would have two different teams - European lead by tin and Australian/USA team led by Will. If needed, we could even create a third, but that would probably be too much and organizing matches would be difficult.
This is just an announcement, the merge will happen after a final match vs. SPQR and LINES on Saturday, 4th January. I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

Wow, that is a big change! Good luck.
Eimis
League Champs
League Champs

tin wrote:
SPQR clan has a rich history – SPQR has been around for quite a while, so that isn’t really a surprise! A brief overview to sink your teeth into: SPQR was first established on the second incarnation of the Ace of Spades forums in June, 2012. The leaders at the time were Tin (who has stuck around and still leads today – this clan has and always will be Tin’s baby) and Scipion, who is a present SPQR member. SPQR gained members relatively quickly for a clan based around an indie game, and soon found itself with around 35 members. One of the first members to join was sax (SPQR’s other current leader), who joined a month after the clan’s inception. Two months after joining, sax and another clan member who had recently join, Kodiak, were promoted to the special rank Legatus, essentially a co-leader rank. Later in 2012, Scipion left us briefly and Kodiak was promoted to leader. In December 2012, however, everything changed. Jagex came in and, well, spoiled things. In February, 2013, after a drop of activity in SPQR, Tin changed the name of the clan to {ToW} and promoted sax to leader in the hopes of getting some members and boosting activity. It worked, too – we moved offsite to minit.nu, a site for a group of servers that several SPQR members are staff on. We got several new members and a few old ones coming back to join us again. Under a new name, and with new leadership, {ToW} flourished. Over the next months, Tin and sax had several nostalgic discussions about the way SPQR used to be. After pitching the idea to the members, we decided to revive SPQR. So, on the 8th of June, 2013, on the first anniversary of its birth, SPQR rose from the ashes to stand tall once again. Under the leadership of Tin and sax, who were determined to make it work, SPQR stood up and stood tall.

After leaving SPQR in late 2012, Kodiak was left clanless. However, he made many new friends in SPQR and continued to keep in touch of them, chief among which was topo. Just prior to the start of 2013, Kodiak formulated the idea for a new clan, one which would borrow heavily from his experiences in previous clans such as the Komrades and Enclave, as well as from his time in SPQR. This clan was the become 'LINES'. Over the course of the next year, LINES began to grow. Founded upon the ideals of mateship, comeraderie and a generally ambitious, though relaxed attitude towards gaming and other ventures, LINES integrated itself into the Ace of Spades community with absolute success. With a heavy focus upon IRC activity, the clan's IRC channel on the Minit network grew not only into a place of communication for members, but a veritable hive of activity for Ace of Spades players across the community. Soon after LINES was formed, Season 1 of the Build and Shoot league began. Here, LINES enjoyed enormous success, winning all matches until the final, where a draw was called due to unforeseen circumstances. It was during or just prior to this period that many of the most active and loyal LINES members joined and contributed to our community, such as Juxta and Hawkan. Throughout the year, LINES became more than a simple clan, but a brotherhood (and Salina) of Ace of Spades players who have come to find immense enjoyment in eachothers company and form relatively long-standing friendships.

Now, what is this all about? First SPQR's history and then LINES' history? You might have guessed it, but here it is - SPQR and LINES are going to merge into a new, unique, stable and harmonious clan. So here it is, we present you LINESPQR.
Here are few other general things about LINESPQR. Our tag would be a combination of LINES' and SPQR's - |SPQR|. We would have a channel on LDRoT (#LINESPQR) and our focus would be both on IRC and forums (but mostly on IRC). When it comes to forums, our website would be aimpot.com (domain can be changed if requested). A decent website would allow us to present ourselves as a more than a clan - as a community. With lots of various members (modders, artists, coders) we could do much more than just being a clan. There are many directions in which we could expand, for example we could also be a hosting community with several Ace of Spades servers and a decent Minecraft server (or any other server that we wish to host, e.g Starbound, MTA, Terraria). If we wish to, we don't even have to focus only on Ace of Spades, with that size and amount of quality members we can expand on other games and in other bigger communities. This merge would provide a balance between time zones and people from every region would have enough clan mates from same region so wherever you are from, this clan will suit you (regarding timezones). For Season 4 we would have two different teams - European lead by tin and Australian/USA team led by Will. If needed, we could even create a third, but that would probably be too much and organizing matches would be difficult.
This is just an announcement, the merge will happen after a final match vs. SPQR and LINES on Saturday, 4th January. I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.
still a better love story than twilight
Dominis
League Participant
League Participant

Eimis wrote:

still a better love story than twilight
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

yes
Kiwi
League Participant
League Participant

Cool,good luck.
Also what's happening with all honoraries?Are they going to be slavenoraries or something?
IceCream
Hoster
Hoster

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LINESPQR

R.I.P. SPQR and Lines ????-2013
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

I KNEW IT.
Commando_Ghost
Modder