- Ohh| Clan Thread - ★New Forums & New Server★

General information, roster, rules, and recruitment for player-organized clans.
1965 posts Page 131 of 131 First unread post
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Atreyu wrote:
To m(any/ost) though, this clan seems like more of a joke, "insult", or toy than an actual clan. I was simply restating this sentiment, which I neither share no disagree with.
They're wrong, and repeating it sort of does count as sharing it.
I am saying that the merge has taken place, and we cannot/will not devolve back into our former clans. Thus my saying that you can either support our efforts, or do the opposite. It seems to some that your action of "taking over" or "remaking" one of the clans that took part in the merge is an insult to the merge itself, and shows spite for what we have done.
Again, I don't know shit about any of the clans that have come and gone since like 2012, they all ended up dying anyway. Ohh and Sirs and whoever are just names, and I figured I'd try and help keep that one alive. All of the people actually in Ohh seemed fine with it, and that's all that really matters.
I personally could care less, but I believe you should realize that you haven't put yourself in a good light.
Welcome to the last three years
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Ah yes, argumentative discussion that is completely and entirely irrelevant to the thread. I'll bite.

First off, I'd say this is a more accurate list of the "top competing clans"

-Komrades
-Injectors
-Revolution
-LINESPQR
-RoT
-Freedom Fighters
-Stormwind
-HOMO
Obviously there are a few up-and-coming, and Rev isn't as well established as the rest, but this is more or less the main clan scene right now. And if I may say, that's a pretty sad fact.

I think Fleischgeruch adressed this quite well (although with added hostility) on the first page of Rev's thread.
Fleischgeruch wrote:
This whole thread is a giant comedy. I don't see a single 'strong' leader from any ''''''strong'''''' clan in your members list. In fact all I see is the scum of the clans section gathered in one amazing bunch. Could you please be more descriptive as to how are you hoping to revolutionize the community? And I don't mean revolutionizing how you play Ace of Spades or how you admin a server. It just seems like the op's description is a bit over-dramatized.
Oh and protip: clans with too many members are almost always weaker than those with several dedicated members and end up crashing on a grand scale. Contrary to popular belief, more members =/= stabler clan. You'll see what I mean when you change the op's thread subject to 'rip its over'.
Revoution's inception was a bit overly dramatic. And flei makes a good point here. All the clans in that list, with the exception of Rev (at least at the point of the merge), is 1 or 2 competent, knowledgeable leaders.

LINESPQR has tin and Kodiak
FF has PABH
HOMO has Morphman
Stormwind has Fleischgeruch
The Injectors have Jigsaw and Close
RoT has Reuben and Eldred (And Adolf)
And the Komrades have Korakoff

This is why there were so many misgivings with Rev, the clan was conceived from the collective failure of the leaders turned council members. I have to say that I'm pleasantly suprised that Rev has lasted as long as it has, as I was rather skeptical of its survivability. However, another thing these "top clans" have in common is lifetime.

Excluding Rev and the Injectors,  all of these clans have been around for more than a year and a half, some two years, and some three. Revolution is still in it's 'Honeymoon phase', it's been less than a month and you would all do well to remember that. It's still the summer and everybody has all the time in the world to be active and do whatever, but do you guys survive when the school year rolls around, considering the average age of your members? How do you keep people together when you fall on rough times (which is inevitable)?

While you should consider it a success that you've made it this far, remember that you still haven't proven yourselves as leaders yet.

Oh, and I'd listen to Reuben more if I were you, he kinda knows what he's doing most of the time.
Last edited by Afrodude on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

I absolutely agree; we are open to any advice of course, since it wouldn't be too pleasant for us or the clan scene for another clan, especially one that reaches as many as we do, to die.

I think you forgot to mention the "1 or 2 competent leaders" [of Revolution], but in my opinion, it is most of the Council. Though some of us lack in experience, we are not wholly stupid, and we are trying to do our best.

We have some things to change, add, or just flop and rethink, but we seem to be headed in the right direction.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Afrodude wrote:
Revoution's inception was a bit overly dramatic.
Yah, the first paragraph is a joke. It's not to be taken seriously as we have explained many times. We exaggerated for the sake of a less-boring read. Which it was successful in that aspect.
Afrodude wrote:
All the clans in that list, with the exception of Rev (at least at the point of the merge), is 1 or 2 competent, knowledgeable leaders.
We've went over this. Just because everyone else uses IRC does not mean we should have to use it solely and just because every other clan has 1 or 2 leaders does not mean we should have to.
Afrodude wrote:
it's been less than a month and you would all do well to remember that. It's still the summer and everybody has all the time in the world to be active and do whatever, but do you guys survive when the school year rolls around, considering the average age of your members? How do you keep people together when you fall on rough times (which is inevitable)?
I only have MWF classes, so I have plenty of time to spare. And that's the point of having a council. We will almost always have someone that is available to make decisions. We won't 100% of the time, but at least 80% of the time we do. Whereas if you take into consideration a "one leader" clan. That clan is dependent on the availability of that one guy. If he decides to take a vacation for 4 weeks there is a very good chance the clan will die. This is where the "council" has proven to be good. Most people don't know, but every council member except Jack has had at least a couple days of time where they couldn't attend. Atreyu and Dare have had extended vacations, I have been unavailable for a week, Shywolf was gone for a couple days, etc... The point is, these transitions were pretty seamless. Sure there were a couple misunderstandings because of a few absentees, but in the end it worked out.
Afrodude wrote:
Oh, and I'd listen to Reuben more if I were you, he kinda knows what he's doing most of the time.
We do listen. Just because we have a response with counter arguments does not mean we don't consider and apply some of the original arguments.
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Spoiler:
Mr.Torch wrote:
Afrodude wrote:
Revoution's inception was a bit overly dramatic.
Yah, the first paragraph is a joke. It's not to be taken seriously as we have explained many times. We exaggerated for the sake of a less-boring read. Which it was successful in that aspect.
Afrodude wrote:
All the clans in that list, with the exception of Rev (at least at the point of the merge), is 1 or 2 competent, knowledgeable leaders.
We've went over this. Just because everyone else uses IRC does not mean we should have to use it solely and just because every other clan has 1 or 2 leaders does not mean we should have to.
Afrodude wrote:
it's been less than a month and you would all do well to remember that. It's still the summer and everybody has all the time in the world to be active and do whatever, but do you guys survive when the school year rolls around, considering the average age of your members? How do you keep people together when you fall on rough times (which is inevitable)?
I only have MWF classes, so I have plenty of time to spare. And that's the point of having a council. We will almost always have someone that is available to make decisions. We won't 100% of the time, but at least 80% of the time we do. Whereas if you take into consideration a "one leader" clan. That clan is dependent on the availability of that one guy. If he decides to take a vacation for 4 weeks there is a very good chance the clan will die. This is where the "council" has proven to be good. Most people don't know, but every council member except Jack has had at least a couple days of time where they couldn't attend. Atreyu and Dare have had extended vacations, I have been unavailable for a week, Shywolf was gone for a couple days, etc... The point is, these transitions were pretty seamless. Sure there were a couple misunderstandings because of a few absentees, but in the end it worked out.
Afrodude wrote:
We do listen. Just because we have a response with counter arguments does not mean we don't consider and apply some of the original arguments.
Joke or not the whole "Revolution" thing was a bit overdone.

I wasn't talking about the inactivity of your leaders as you clearly have that sorted out, but rather when 15-20 of your members can't be bothered with AoS at all. It's easy to build up a clan in the summer when activity is at its peak, but seeing it survive through the rest of the year is another matter entirely.

Don't know why you brought up IRC at all considering I didn't bring it up.
And I also didn't say that it was necessary to have a certain number of leaders, but the 'Council' thing isn't a new idea, and it hasn't really worked out particularly well.
Atreyu wrote:
I absolutely agree; we are open to any advice of course, since it wouldn't be too pleasant for us or the clan scene for another clan, especially one that reaches as many as we do, to die.

I think you forgot to mention the "1 or 2 competent leaders" [of Revolution], but in my opinion, it is most of the Council. Though some of us lack in experience, we are not wholly stupid, and we are trying to do our best.

We have some things to change, add, or just flop and rethink, but we seem to be headed in the right direction.
*competent, knowledgeable leaders. Please do not misquote me.

Knowledgeable meaning having been around the clan scene long enough and having proven themselves as such. As you say you are all inexperienced when it comes to leadership.
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

I would like to add that we are trying to form 'friendly bonds' with people such as Reuben, Fleischy, Spring, Afrodude, mature players in Komrades and LINESPQR etc.

We certainly appreciate advice. I cannot speak for the rest of my clan, but I personally respect those willing to give criticism, and I usually take it into effect.

The atmosphere at the moment is a bit tense; let's all wind down a bit.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Afrodude wrote:
Joke or not the whole "Revolution" thing was a bit overdone.
We can't change the past. We weren't trying to shove anything down anyone's throats. We were just avoiding a "w3 sup@ pR0 clan joinnn naoww" approach. :)
Afrodude wrote:
I wasn't talking about the inactivity of your leaders as you clearly have that sorted out, but rather when 15-20 of your members can't be bothered with AoS at all. It's easy to build up a clan in the summer when activity is at its peak, but seeing it survive through the rest of the year is another matter entirely.
Time will tell and yes activity will definitely slump down a bit.
Afrodude wrote:
Don't know why you brought up IRC at all considering I didn't bring it up.
The whole IRC thing along with number of leaders were things some people were upset about. And being truthful to our word that we actually consider things people say positive or negative we did create a channel (now we have 3) that we use for the sole purpose of the community.
Afrodude wrote:
the 'Council' thing isn't a new idea, and it hasn't really worked out particularly well.
We shall be the first then. Blue_Spade
RoTAdolf_Hitler
Deuced Up

Can I join this wonderful clan
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

RoTAdolf_Hitler wrote:
Can I join this wonderful clan
Wrong thread son Blue_Sunglasses1
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

i dunno about no competetion - maybe in relation to size and competence (but then have a look at Komrades or Execution, Freedom Fighters and HOMO even) but the competition as far as matches are concerned is well and truly alive, linespqr alone has had 5-6 matches in the past two weeks. All it takes is a certain level willingness and dedication, and leader/s who are prepared to put thoughts into action
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Other than League, I can't imagine any kind of rivalry competition between clans these days. Perhaps there may be somewhat of a competition for new applicants, where clans try to get the message out that their clan is the one they should join and why. That kind of competition has fallen quite a bit imo ever since clans have begun taking on the 'social friendly for fun' trend rather than the traditional picky elitist approach. The applicants' deciding factor in social clans would be their members themselves, as well as their role in the community. For example, if they organize any events or if their members hold renowned positions in the community.
Except that, the only competition I see is who can survive the longest before everyone goes AFK and the clan gets forgotten. On the topic of administration:
Mr.Torch wrote:
Afrodude wrote:
the 'Council' thing isn't a new idea, and it hasn't really worked out particularly well.
Encouraging words may offer motivation, but that alone won't get you too far. But I guess if you really are absolutely confident in your clan with no doubts, only time will tell who's wrong about this.
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

Spoiler:
Fleischgeruch wrote:
Other than League, I can't imagine any kind of rivalry competition between clans these days. Perhaps there may be somewhat of a competition for new applicants, where clans try to get the message out that their clan is the one they should join and why. That kind of competition has fallen quite a bit imo ever since clans have begun taking on the 'social friendly for fun' trend rather than the traditional picky elitist approach. The applicants' deciding factor in social clans would be their members themselves, as well as their role in the community. For example, if they organize any events or if their members hold renowned positions in the community.
Except that, the only competition I see is who can survive the longest before everyone goes AFK and the clan gets forgotten. On the topic of administration:
Mr.Torch wrote:
Afrodude wrote:
Encouraging words may offer motivation, but that alone won't get you too far. But I guess if you really are absolutely confident in your clan with no doubts, only time will tell who's wrong about this.
So far, we have made the council work. Having an oligarchical approach has not yet shown any fault, for us at least.
Honestly, I can't see why or how past councils haven't worked, other than the obvious possibility of incompetence within the group. Overwhelmingly, our leaders, though not incredibly experienced, are competent, patient and flexible; this has helped the system work. Even when we have disagreements, we do not fight to the death, or create schisms; we either yield or reconsider.

I personally do not see a reason not to have a Council, other than the fact that some failed in the past. If you look at it that way, even clans with a single leader or a few have failed; that does not mean the system is inherently wrong or flawed. If anyone could add to this or supply a different viewpoint, I would really appreciate it.
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

lol you scrubs arguing about pointless stuff
Willy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I dunno a think a discussion about clans in general is a good thing to have. I will however request that this conversation be moved to the Ohh 2.0 thread or a new thread be made as this clan is no longer active.
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

Willy wrote:
I dunno a think a discussion about clans in general is a good thing to have. I will however request that this conversation be moved to the Ohh 2.0 thread or a new thread be made as this clan is no longer active.
It is no longer a clan. Ohh has split into the Revolution, or into Ohh 2.0

Let's let this forum rest, in honor of what Ohh was; Electrix, you should have done so already: ask for the thread to be locked.
1965 posts Page 131 of 131 First unread post
Return to “Clans”