SHTF 2.0 Discussion.

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
36 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Hey, everyone. Me, Valki, bullets and Fleischy are organizing a new match of SHTF, and it would be great to receive some input from everyone else. The main discussion points are:

-Whether to continue using Innawoods, due to its unreliability in regards to weight(some items have no weight or are way too light/heavy). One possibility would be for the hosts to make a chart for certain items and judge the weight according now to the value displayed but on the chart.
-The amount and balance of classes in the game. What is already decided is that the classes will affect how much weight you can carry before receiving penalties, what guns you can use and with how much proficiency you can use them, survival training(changing the outcomes of your choice depending on the class), and medical proficiency(how able are you in applying medicine and curatives to your wounds).
-Effects of over-encumbrance, dehydration and starvation, and how to keep track of the last two.
-The layout of the map, and whether to make vehicles like boats or trucks available or needing certain skills.
-Starting places: Depending on the class, you'll spawn in an appropriate place, so if you are a soldier, you'll start the story in a military base.
-Update rate. Like Fleischy mentioned, what we have decided for now is that every one or two days(or once everyone has chosen an option), the game will update. If you don't choose an option, that'll have effects in your story, like, for an example, being unable to dodge a tree and ramming your vehicle in it, or failing to notice someone else sneaking up on you and getting injured.

The hosts are going to be me, valkiriiking and possibly bullets, and we will decide democratically a couple of pre-made scenarios for the choices you make depending on the situation, equipment and other players' choices.

Suggestions are welcome, too.
Last edited by CommieBuffalo on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[RUS] Vlad01
League Participant
League Participant

What is this?
Thanks
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

[RUS] Vlad01 wrote:
What is this?
Thanks
The next match of this.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

[RUS] Vlad01 wrote:
What is this?
Thanks
OP asked for input, not lag.

List of good advice:
1) <Fleischy> also you could actually allow people to go over the weight limit
<Fleischy> but the higher over it they go, the harder it is for them to cope with situations

2) <CommieBuffalo> I was thinking about them starting somewhere appropriate
<CommieBuffalo> so if they are a military guy they start near some military base or something

3) In case it wasn't done before, update all characters in one go once a day or 2, depending on how much story writing there is to do (and whoever doesn't post before the update gets a penalty).

More will be added
gen
Banned

make it less serious or it will be boring as hell k
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

@Fleischy: Added all three of those to the OP, thanks for reminding me.
gen wrote:
make it less serious or it will be boring as hell k
Please explain k
Devin
League Participant
League Participant

Guess I'll just copy paste what I did on the Risk V8 forums here:
"Agh, since I can't take this anymore and I really want SHTF 2.0 to happen I took some time off and did this map, hopefully it is decent enough for you guys so we can start SHTF in a few days from this post."
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

*Cough*... certainly looks better than my map, but I already made one (Commie has it).
It's in the works though, no need to get so impatient. And what makes you think they can just instantly start it off now that the almighty Devin came to the rescue?
Last edited by Fleischgeruch on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

find something to replace innawoods if you find it unreliable
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

Fleischgeruch wrote:
*Cough*... certainly looks better than my map, but I already made one (Commie has it).
It's in the works though, no need to get so impatient. And what makes you think they can just instantly start it off now that the almighty Devin came to the rescue?
But what if the almighty Devin actually did come to the rescue but you're trying not to admit it?
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

bullets wrote:
Fleischgeruch wrote:
But what if the almighty Devin actually did come to the rescue but you're trying not to admit it?
Because I know that there is still quite a bit of time before SHTF 2 can actually begin, plus as I said, there's already a map for it.
Devin
League Participant
League Participant

Fleischgeruch wrote:
bullets wrote:
Fleischgeruch wrote:
Because I know that there is still quite a bit of time before SHTF 2 can actually begin, plus as I said, there's already a map for it.
Unless I add some locations to my map, some back story and just host it myself ;3
Then there would no map for it other than mine MUAHAHAHAH.
But.... I'm lazy, I'm not that much of an asshole even tough I am, since I could totally update this daily XD
And thank you for saying my map's good? Btw I think I saw your map and please, don't go foward with the 4 islands.
Players might get seperated easily with four islands, that way there would be almost no action .n.
MushieWarden
Artist
Artist

When is this happening? Hope it's going to be soon enough
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

Mitzuki505 wrote:
When is this happening? Hope it's going to be soon enough
never
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Devin wrote:
Unless I add some locations to my map, some back story and just host it myself ;3
Then there would no map for it other than mine MUAHAHAHAH.
Everyone knows you're an immature little shitbag, so nobody cool will ever participate in anything by you. Meanwhile Commie and co. would host the actual version which would gain much more popularity than yours no matter how hard you try to steal the attention or whine like you always do.
Devin wrote:
But.... I'm lazy, I'm not that much of an asshole even tough I am, since I could totally update this daily XD
So you're lazy but you could totally update it daily? Have you even considered the workload that it will give you, managing storylines of 10+ players as well as taking into account weather effects, their food, water, weapons and skills as well as keeping an eye on their activity, etc etc? And remember, at the same time you'd have to make it logical, something that you're failing to be in all of your posts. I guarantee you'd give up within 3 days maximum.
Devin wrote:
Btw I think I saw your map and please, don't go foward with the 4 islands. Players might get seperated easily with four islands, that way there would be almost no action .n.
This isn't forum risk, PvP isn't the only "exciting" thing that can happen to each player. If that's not the case for you, go play some CoD for all the action you'd ever want.

tl;dr I'd be glad to see you banned from the actual SHTF when it starts. You'll probably just go bitching and blaming the hosts for your own mistakes like you always do.
36 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”