Minecraft's Downfall (Now with 100% More Nostalgia)

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
38 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
DrDeuce
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Seriously, minecraft is ruined. I played since 1.3 beta, and I have seen it change for the worse since the hunger update (1.8). It's no longer about making anything from a little house to a grand castle, it's now about adventure and boss fights and exploring massive abandoned mines.

Minecraft has gone too far with the advent of all the new blocks. These are good for creative, but in my opinion, ruin the survival experience. It's over lavish, mojang is adding things when there is no need.

The upcoming addition of horses and hay is just stupid. What is this, my little pony!? Please don't kill me for saying that

OH GOD NO! This isn't a mod fest!

Endermen, jungles, horses, hay, hunger and bosses may make it more 'interesting' and 'realistic' but now it's lost it's charm of doing what you want, just toddling along from day to day improving your settlement or moving on to a new one.

Have you noticed how let's plays are so different from the original seananners or yogscast (neither of which I particularly enjoyed)? The reason Shadow of Israphael has been canceled is that they were implementing too many ideas and it lost it's charm, just like minecraft.

The ONLY thing I'm excited for the 1.6 update is the launcher update, where you can select any version of minecraft you want. Finally, I can play good ol' 1.3, with my friends, on a server, rather than having to go through the complicated process of finding the .jar file, openmod java and then slapping it altogether.

Discuss below!
Last edited by DrDeuce on Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

there already is a version changer for minercaft is you want to play '1.3'. Well I started playing in release 1.2.5 then bought the game in 1.3.2 so everything I know is all about the new updates and it seems like thats the way the game just has to go from now. Yes it may be different from notchs tactics but Jeb has added alot of stuff I like such as the horses which will complete any castle and now add new depth to the game.
DrDeuce
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

jdrew wrote:
there already is a version changer for minercaft is you want to play '1.3'. Well I started playing in release 1.2.5 then bought the game in 1.3.2 so everything I know is all about the new updates and it seems like thats the way the game just has to go from now. Yes it may be different from notchs tactics but Jeb has added alot of stuff I like such as the horses which will complete any castle and now add new depth to the game.
Yes, but depth that ruins it. It's becoming too realistic, it was meant to be simplistic. And I'm talking about BETA 1.3, so I am really a veteran and I can see how it's been messed up, and turned into something else.

I want nostalgia goddamit :c
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

I like realistic.
pokefan548
Modder
Modder

I've been with MC since 1.1, and I still think it's pretty good. My only real problems are:
A) Too laggy
B) WAAAAAAAAAAY to processor intensive.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

DrDeuce wrote:
It's no longer about making anything from a little house to a grand castle, it's now about adventure and boss fights and exploring massive abandoned mines.

Actually, I like how you can choose to play either adventure or just chilling with sheep and building stuff. The two aspects of the games doesn't collide with each other. You can do as you want.
DrDeuce
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Not really. Again, hunger made it more realistic and I felt that ruined it. Notch stated he never wanted it to be realistic.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

DrDeuce wrote:
Notch stated he never wanted it to be realistic.

That doesn't sound like something he'd say. Are you sure you didn't misinterpret it?
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

also played since 1.3 beta, still I love the changes they've made. I like more stuff without mods.
Semper
Deuced Up

I still love minecraft, I can't wait for the horses to come, but I get what you're saying.

1.6 will have this thing where if you stay in one area to long, the mobs will be harder and harder. So there goes your gigantic house or whatever you made.

I like and dislike the hunger bar. I wish your bar didn't run down fast like that though. I like that you actually have to go out and get food or make a farm.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

I did like things in mc a bit better before Jeb was put in charge.
Vengeance
Deuced Up

Minecraft is pretty fun still. I played the beta around 1.3, and bought the game in the early 1.4's. I actually like the idea of having a horse. It has changed a bit, but still an ok game to play.
Space Inspader
Deuced Up

I've played Minecraft since Alpha. (Braggings rights) FYI, horses don't ruin a game. (Especially since Jeb said he was making them rare) If you want to build and be creative, go do it. Just because horses are coming in a new update doesn't mean the game is going to revolve around horses. Play it how you want to. Though, I do miss the terrain generation in alpha. Teh nawstawlgio.
DrDeuce
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

I do miss the old terrain generation, I'm really please that you can choose whatever version you want to play in the next update.

But horses... it's just becoming too diverse in my opinion. Too many things, in a strange sort of way... some games fit them, and other don't, and in my opinion minecraft should be a little simpler.
pokefan548
Modder
Modder

I partially agree, and this DOES make minecrats mostly irrelivant, but honestly, I'm willing to try it.
38 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”