Fraps alternitive?

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
gunmodderNUMBER2
Deuced Up

I was making a video to highlight my new pack and I was using a pirated Fraps full version after I got off of the hackers botnet I started to make the video and I noticed a drop in FPS and general glitchyness in the game while recording. you will notice the invisible block giltch while recording. the rest of the time while I'am not recording I have never got one bit of lag ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... CJ4xNESGCU
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

bandicam, 10 minute free with watermark but works great!
Yourself
Coder
Coder

The best screen recorder that I have found is, surprisingly, Microsoft's Expression Encoder. You can download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=27870

The frame rate impact is much less than any other recording program I've tried. I honestly have no idea why it isn't mentioned more often. Note that when it asks you for a key, you can just click passed it.

It also comes with a fairly decent video editor.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

I use Dxtory with the Lagarith codec.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Dxtory^
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

I know that bandicam works really well and has a deeper configuration than fraps, and makes file sizes ~1/2. It is also a lot less of a cpu hog. Not sure about that microsoft one, though; never tried it.
Yourself
Coder
Coder

I just tried out Dxtory and it is better than Microsoft Expressions, assuming that the program you want to record uses the graphics card. Microsoft Expressions will also work for non-graphics card programs; it is a general screen recorder.
shywolf91
Deuced Up

rakiru wrote:
I use Dxtory with the Lagarith codec.
do you use it to record on AoS? I've tried using but the top of the video file recorded it cut out?
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”