What about an event (Pick-up game) once per month

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Soraboy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I actually think this should be a thing. Surely, the biggest part of the community has died off and is not around anymore, and we can not get back the times back when the BnS League was a thing or Clans made events for the community.
But I don't think we are not able to set-up a pug once per month.
Yes, I am talking about pugs, I do not think we need some good organizers for an event once per month. I am not talking about 1v1 tournaments or ctf tournaments. A Pug once per month is definitely easy to organize.
People are most familiar with those Pick-up games and will always have the most fun with them because it is all about the fun and the people around someone, not the skilllevel and who is the winner at the end of the game.

The best example I could give you guys is the Get your nostalgia on! "Assault" event, which was held on the 26th July.
Sadly I could not participate myself but from reading all the positive critic in the comments of the thread I'm right now assured that it was such a good event to do. Link: And thats just one prime-example which shows me that there are people actually interested in these events, and also not only people who are new to the community, also people who were playing this game intensively and are not active on this side for most of the time (from what I know) showed up.

MY IDEA IS The admins should post a new topic in the News feed and stick it in the left box called "Attention" when you open up buildandshoot.com. I feel like we can reach WAY more people if we get the help of the admins who can highlight the monthly events. For your understanding, I do not force the admins to organize these events. If they want to create one, I can't prevent them from doing it and I will definitely appreciate it and participate in it. The main idea is, that the admins post the threads which are written from the organizers who want to organize an event. The organizer of the event will answer every question of the participants and also later on post the server IP of the server he himself set-up (maybe also the mumble, teamspeak IP). Don't get me wrong I don't think every person should be getting the right to get his event highlighted. I cannot show up any qualification myself, but if this thread turns out to be recognized positively, I will definitely PM some of the admins and will try to make up a date with them to speak to them in Mumble so they can make sure that they can trust me and highlighted events will not get abused or will turn out to be a troll in the end. It's just an offer from my side, for sure you other guys reading it can also contact the admins and ask them yourself.

So well these were just some ideas I had on my brain and wanted to share them with you guys. Feel free to comment and post your ideas on this topic!

Thanks for reading!
Electrix
League Participant
League Participant

I like how your thinking Nico. I agree with the event your/we're trying to create for the community. Once per month would be perfect, during the weekend most preferably. Big ups to you Sora!
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

Nice to see you Electrix <3

Sora, you should post this on aloha.pk, which is a much livelier niche than these forums. Best of luck :)
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Soraboy wrote:
The main idea is, that the admins post the threads which are written from the organizers who want to organize an event. The organizer of the event will answer every question of the participants and also later on post the server IP of the server he himself set-up (maybe also the mumble, teamspeak IP). Don't get me wrong I don't think every person should be getting the right to get his event highlighted. I cannot show up any qualification myself, but if this thread turns out to be recognized positively, I will definitely PM some of the admins and will try to make up a date with them to speak to them in Mumble so they can make sure that they can trust me and highlighted events will not get abused or will turn out to be a troll in the end.
I encourage you to organize and host an event yourself. Formulate a plan and clearly explain all the details (such as game mode, rules, server address, date/time, etc.) in the Community Events section. The Assault nostalgia event is a good example. We can provide a server via http://hosting.buildandshoot.com with additional admin controls for you if needed. Do that at least two weeks in advance of the event's scheduled date, make the post pretty/professional, and I'll promote it on the front page.
Soraboy
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Thank you Atreyu! :)
Also thanks izzy, I'll organize one in near future :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”