Jagex acquisition in discussion

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
randomie910
Deuce

Did you know?

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/s ... 178,goto,1

A Chinese mining company appears to be offering to buy Jagex for 300 mil, discussions are in the works. I first heard about it on the BnL forums on steam. Most of them there appear to be worried for BnL's future. Some theories are that everything will be fine, another says they'll probably disband Jagex and assign a Chinese studio to work on RuneScape. Perhaps the end of AoS' history forever? Thoughts?
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Ding Dong Bong Wong
ALL HAIL YOUR CHINESE OVERLORDS
longbyte1
Deuced Up

wow, that just shows how greedy for money the Jagex executives are. Seriously, a CHINESE MINING company buying out a BRITISH DEV company?
randomie910
Deuce

longbyte1 wrote:
wow, that just shows how greedy for money the Jagex executives are. Seriously, a CHINESE MINING company buying out a BRITISH DEV company?
Yup, from what I read it appears that they're losing a lot of money too. That's why they're buying Jagex, to change their company. I don't know anything about business but I imagine there will be a lot of layoffs and they'll probably scrap the side project games like AoS/BnL, etc.
longbyte1
Deuced Up

Pffft, forget Jagex, they're dead now. They don't do Java anymore, well they hardly make good games now, and they definitely aren't experts.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Tell me if you see a thread stating their buyout kk?
longbyte1
Deuced Up

kmaj wrote:
longbyte1 wrote:
Pffft, forget Jagex, they're dead now. They don't do Java anymore, well they hardly make good games now, and they definitely aren't experts.
Now?
nvm they have been for years now*
randomie910
Deuce

The deals have been finalized and Jagex has been bought.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/f ... 2,65813215
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

I think the card game they just released helped seal the deal.
ququmb3r
Deuce

I say, fark the yellow goblins. Ace being owned by JAva Game EXperiments is already bad, but some dog-piss company wanting to buy THAT, with Ace as an asset... it's just up the arse!
The only improvement I wanna see in OpenSpades is "perception" - loading certain mods on certain teamcolors (all blues are Steves, all greens are Regulars (stock avatar), all Zeds are flack jackets.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Welcome to WuScape!
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”