Fuck this shit I'm out.

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

I quit.
Who? What? When? Where? How? Why? as any third grader would probably be saying.
I'll simply start with the recent change in video for my signature:
Now, there's the What. I'm quitting hopefully for good. everything in this as of this second is obviously now invalid. I'll still be on the iceball reddit however. I also have a new email: not the one listed on my page however. I really wish there were some kind of dignified way to go but there isn't. GM's quitting proved that. Now onto the Why.
I'm tired of people's shit, and their autism has finally gotten to me (and before you rage about being offensive I actually have a form of autism called Asperger's syndrome). I won't name names, but if you scroll about six inches down this page it won't be to hard to figure it out. I was hoping to be able to stay a bit longer, perhaps even get to see it come back a slight bit, but it's hopefully clear to everyone by now that finding an open server will no longer be a problem like it once was. Some of you I'll miss, some of you I won't. but BnS will always be remembered as the first online community I was ever part of, and it will be sad to see it go. I still remember when a friend of mine (Peter is his name, I don't know his handle.) who has been dead on the forums for god knows how long, tell me that a forum for AoS classic still existed. He remains a good friend to this day, and I am ever thankful for what he did. This game really introduced me to the fact that behind every online game there are real people that are fun to talk to.
Who:
I've already kind of started this but let's keep these shout outs going:

Peter:
Thank you. You were the guy who got me into actual PC gaming. You were the guy on steam who was like a god when I first met him, having a seemingly infinite number of games in his library, almost a GabeN incarnate. (I learned better after my first steam sale). I would really and honestly like to try and find a way to say thanks from the bottom of my heart but I can't find a way. It will always chill us both to hear eerie stories of games seemingly about to hit the same route as AoS, and watch in pain knowing that few will understand just how much a good game can be ruined by a change of leadership.

Tin:
the last of the somewhat active admins. I bid you farewell, as you were one of the few sensible people on BnS. thanks for being that silent guy in the background doing what is truly god's work: Banning the n00bs that need to be banned.

Dan:
Thank you for trying to stay here as a person to be looked up to on the forums. few would be such an invisible role model like you

Izzy:
As much as I hate missing leadership, I know you are probably having to deal with a shitload of work keeping the site working. as much as I wish I could bitch about you never being around, and not really leaving any way to continue long standing things (the newsletter, BnS clan competitions, Etc.) you do have a reason, and I can't complain: only wish that someone could fill the void that things like minit, SIMOX, SPQR, and dan left.

Bloodfox:
Fuck you bloodfox. you disgraced my most proud achievement for the forums, acted like a bitch, and generally disgraced the community. Go to hell, and stay there for a while.

Lecom:
VXW was fucking great. no one has ever accomplished anything like it, ever. you were the only person to implement things that no one was crazy enough to put in: binoculars, MGs, mortars, actual bots, airstrikes using actual planes, etc. I just wish you did something like let the source code and compiled versions become public. I hope Iceball will eventually have the level of gameplay your game had. (not to mention you taught me the values of IRC)

Greasemonkey/MK
Iceball is fucking great. I hope to work with it more with you guys, and i wish more people were on IRC.

EldredChandler:
You were that one guy who beat me in shape from an immature n00b into a (somewhat) productive member of society.

Reuben:
you rarely showed up due to you being rip, but I don't care. you being a complete pain in the ass and a faggot on the rare occasion? I don't care. you showed me that, to use a south park quote, "the world is not one big liberal arts campus". the fact that you sometimes agreed with me and I considered you lower than scum forced me to rethink my own opinions, sometimes continuing to agree with them, sometimes not, (<cliche>) but in the end, It caused me to rethink the way I live (</cliche>), including how I thought about groups of people and certain people in particular. I never thought I would be saying this, but,
Thanks man.

Vezok:
You were another role model for me. If you are reading this, please know you were the guy who showed me that forums aren't always the nicest place to be, but they still are a wealth of information and helpful people, all with a common goal-something you seldom see these days.

Captain Pi:
you taught me that sarcasm, can in fact be relayed over the internet, and if used correctly, can be a mind-numbing force that is incredible at stopping n00bs in their tracks. I will never be capable of wielding this great tool as well as you.

Kyzaka, nuclearpotato, Zekamalikyd, gen, and xCross:
Keep doing what you guys are doing. you guys were those guys who always had a funny or snarky comment, not to mention the occasional troll to add to the forum and generally made the situation on the forums less drab than it really was. you guys were one of the reasons this forum was so much fun.

Icarus North:
oh boy, where do I start?
you were that guy who seemed to be every optimistic towards everything. thanks.

lecom will verify if someone is actually me.
I'm not sure how to end this, so here I go:
I hope to see some of you sometime again. Thanks for putting up with me, and thank you for allowing me the privilege of having knowledge I would never be able to have otherwise.

The end of my short existence on this forum begins now.

</epicfacethe3rd>
</html>
sicut principium, sicut finis. quasi ad amicum, quasi hostis.
LeCom

I have no idea what to even say. You sent me some code to verify that anyone pretending to be you coming back is actually you. Why do this - you having an imposter is very unlikely, only guys like Reuben have imposters, and they're identified very quickly.

I think you should relax and take this less seriously. This is just the dead community of a game full of AIDS, and if somebody leaves, the others mostly don't give a fuck. Just find some non-dead game to play and move on.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

finally
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

gaysssssssssssssss Blue_Happy1 Blue_Happy1 Blue_Happy1 Blue_Happy1 Blue_Pistol Green_Spade
IceCream
Hoster
Hoster

Finally.
noobofspades
Deuced Up

just gtfo already
nuclearpotato
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

u srsly copied that gif from rubben gay af
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

noobofspades wrote:
just gtfo already
^
Bloodfox:
Fuck you bloodfox. you disgraced my most proud achievement for the forums, acted like a bitch, and generally disgraced the community. Go to hell, and stay there for a while.
You seriously fucking don't get it, do you? No? Well, let me dumb it down for you:
With or without me, the forums would contain a bitch. It's gonna happen none the less. I acted like a bitch? Fuck ya and I'm proud of it. Disgraced the community? Well fucking of course! A bunch of other assholes also did a huge part of it. Guess what: FUCKING EXPECT PEOPLE TO TREAT YOU LIKE SHIT CAUSE THIS IS THE INTERNET. You're blind to see otherwise.
EldredChandler

tin, for one, wasn't an admin. Also he was never active as a mod, none of them really were.
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
I really wish there were some kind of dignified way to go but there isn't.
the same way literally everyone else who wasn't looking for attention did could have worked
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
I'm tired of people's shit, and their autism has finally gotten to me (and before you rage about being offensive I actually have a form of autism called Asperger's syndrome).
so does half the internet. try to pretend it gives you some sort of innate right to use "autism" interchangeably with "idiocy" if you like

i'm genuinely happy for you and peter, but:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
Tin:
the last of the somewhat active admins. I bid you farewell, as you were one of the few sensible people on BnS. thanks for being that silent guy in the background doing what is truly god's work: Banning the n00bs that need to be banned.
rofl
try tank, dan, izzy, stack, buffet_of_lies, influx, iamyourfriend and juxta first. unless mod logs are broken, even willy and i have done more than tin.
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
EldredChandler:
You were that one guy who beat me in shape from an immature n00b into a (somewhat) productive member of society.
ha
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
Reuben:
you rarely showed up due to you being rip, but I don't care. you being a complete pain in the ass and a faggot on the rare occasion? I don't care. you showed me that, to use a south park quote, "the world is not one big liberal arts campus". the fact that you sometimes agreed with me and I considered you lower than scum
ha ha
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
Vezok:
You were another role model for me.
ha ha ha
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
The end of my short existence on this forum begins now.
have fun with whatever you decide to do, you will be sorely missed Green_Crying
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”