SCP feedback pl0x :]

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Defaulter
Organizer
Organizer

Never made one before so me and a friend decided to give it a go: http://pastebin.com/an02HVKA

We liked the idea that the object may literally just be a rubik's cube and due to a series of bizarre coincidences everyone thinks it's some kind of powerful artefact and are hesitant to experiment with it.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Oh that's awesome :D
But have you think of something more 'bizarre' than just 'abnormal obsession' with solving SCP-2929?
LeCom

True, it doesn't look like something scary.
Defaulter
Organizer
Organizer

Yeh that thought did hit me, I just didn't know how to add something without betraying the joke of the SCP overall.
LeCom

Defaulter wrote:
Yeh that thought did hit me, I just didn't know how to add something without betraying the joke of the SCP overall.
You don't have to make it a joke, you know - there are many really scary artifacts. Tho' if you do it because you want it to be funny, I suggest to mock the foundation itself a bit more.
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

i recommend making it more dangerous, also isnt there a section on the SCP website for fan made SCPs?
Defaulter
Organizer
Organizer

Additional SCP: http://scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/defaulter

On a more serious note. ish.
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Cool.

Suggestion #1: Avoid using non-discreet adjectives like 'simple or perfectly normal', unless it is being used in quote or according to witness descriptions. I've read that SCP docs tend to rely only on 'simple' and straight-to-the-point words but heavily coated in broad descriptions, scientific terms and notations.
Code: Select all
SCP-2929 is to be kept in a standard containment chamber measuring four (4) meters by four (4) meters by three (3) meters, along with an aluminum table and chair. SCP-2929 itself must remain placed on the centre of the table when not in use. Four (4) CCTV cameras with a full ninety (90) degree overlook are to be affixed in each corner of the room, linked by secure feed to an observation room in the connecting corridor for monitoring purposes.
Also, note the usage of passive infinitive structure (i.e.: is to be; are to be) and perfect past tenses, since this is more of an informative article rather than a story essay or some sort.

Suggestion #2: Separate the entire paragraph about the testing and the transcript from the description, and place it in another section, maybe name it; SCP-2929 Test Log.

Hope this helps.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”