Jedelas's BnS Story Contest!

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Jedelas
Veterans
Veterans

Hey guys! Some of you might be familiar with this kind of contest. Fawad had hosted one before and it's been a while since then. I will be honest here, that contest wasn't actually that good with all the restrictions and all plus I was made one of the judges at the last second. xD

But enough of that! I'm going to host my own story contest so here it is!

Rules:
* No sexual content.
* Length must be at least 500 words minimum. No maximum cap.
* No breaking the fourth wall.
* Borrowing of characters from franchises and such is allowed.
* Joint works are allowed.

Judges:
There will be 5 judges including me. Those that are interested in this position can PM me.

Submissions
Those that wish to join the contest can post here to join. When submitting your entry, please have the following:
Contestant Name:
Story title:
Genre(s)(Maximum 5. List of genres below):
Short Summary:
Link:

The stories are to be sent via pm to me.

List of entries:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Genres and Information:

General: General things. For those that are familiar with anime or manga, it's similar to the 'Slice of Life' genre. Things that you do in your everyday life. The story would most likely be character-centric.

Action: One of the more common genres in almost any story. Action-packed with intense scenes. The fiction would be keeping you on the edge of your seat as you keep reading!

Sports: A fiction about sports. Any kind of sport. Whether it be Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, American Football, Tennis, Badminton etc.

Romance: A love story. Focuses on character relationships that would develop into love. Any pairings of any kind.

Comedy: A read that could make you laugh or just makes you smile at the comedic and funny scenes.

Adventure: Adventures, another genre that was quite common. Join someone or even a group as they journey across places and experience what they see, do and such!

Fantasy: Something that's out of this world? A world of its own? Something that only comes from fairy tales? Catch people's eyes with enchanting magical beasts, humanoids and a new land!

Supernatural: It's a genre that many super heroes comes from. The supernatural genre relies on stuff that are unbelievable but have a slight chance of actually being possible all the while.

Historical: Genre for stories that are based upon a time in history. Such as World War II, the Roman Era and such.

Kids: A story that mainly targets an audience of kids.

Horror: Write a ghost story or something that could creep or even scare the reader! Make them look behind their backs in fear as they read your story.

Sci-Fi: A story with advanced technology? Scientific? Space and beyond? This is the genre for you! Write about robots conquering the world or anything that involves technology!

Gaming: Gamers' favorite. Write about a story that's game related!

Mystery: Clues, myths that could be solved? A crime that even the police couldn't solve? Write about it and what it unravels!

Drama: Stir the reader's emotions. A situation amongst characters that would put their feelings and emotions to their limits!

Submission deadline is at the end of August! Then the results will be released in mid September! Rewards are yet to be discussed upon but will be decided before the submission deadline! PM if you're interested in being involved with the rewards discussion. <3

Current Judges:
* Jedelas
* Venator
* -vacant-
* -vacant-
* -vacant-

Judging:
The judges will discuss on each submission and award points for writing, characters, story, and enjoyment. Each will be a maximum of 10 points. If two stories are tied in first place, the judges will vote on which one wins.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. :P
Last edited by Jedelas on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This is either going to go very well or very very bad.

Good luck.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

mfw no sexual content

ps: can i judge
Last edited by Zekamalikyd on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

You cheeky cunts better bring some damn good stories!
Judge Ven is waiting for em!
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

No sexual content.
Is this limited to descriptions of actual intercourse or is it ok to make references/suggestions?
NIASKA
Deuced Up

10/10 would support this idea.
Jedelas
Veterans
Veterans

Fleischgeruch wrote:
No sexual content.
Is this limited to descriptions of actual intercourse or is it ok to make references/suggestions?
Limited to actual intercourse. Sorry, forgot to mention that. xD References and such are okay.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”