Firearm discussion (no politics)

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
125 posts Page 1 of 9 First unread post
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Hey you gun guys and girls, what are you're favorite guns, calibers , gas-systems, tacti-cool accessories etc
this is a discussion about firearms and (almost) everything related except for politics, If you want to discuss that then pm people about it. and say you are open to it too. One last thing you should say why you like what-ever it is you like.
Spoiler:
the only reason why I dont want politics discussed here is because it can turn into a flame war really quickly and generally speaking neither side is respectful of one another.
Since I am the OP I guess i'll break the ice
my favorite caliber is the .300 blackout. I know that alot of people know of this bullet through COD as it's the bullet the honey badger shoots. Personally I never even played the game but it is my favorite caliber because ,in layman's terms, its like the 5.56x45 and the 7.62x39 (AK-47 bullet) had a baby.another nifty feature it has is that you can convert any AR-15 style rifle to fire it. All it needs is a barrel change.The same stock same magazine and same stock bolt will work
Spoiler:
Image .300 blackout on top 5.56 on bottom
I dont really have a favorite gun, I have multiple
The AR-15 family (especially retro style ones) because I love the accuracy, ergonomics and reasonable-enough reliability.
Norinco SKS-D (an SKS that takes AK-47 mags) because its bad-ass
AK-74 because of its sheer reliability
AKMS see above plus that folding stock is sexy
M-14 see SKS-D plus its shot groups (if your a marksmen) are tighter than an ant's asshole (same can be said for AR-15s)
FN-FAL dude, its the Right arm of the free world.

if you want to have a pm conversation about politics feel free
Last edited by Ozone on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Ozone wrote:
in lame-man's terms
I didn't realize you had your own terms.
Educate yourself
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Fleischgeruch wrote:
Ozone wrote:
in lame-man's terms
I didn't realize you had your own terms.
Educate yourself
my bad, I said lame-man's terms because I once asked someone to explain some shit about science and they said lame-man not layman
now I just feel like im insulting people
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

i currently have a kar cm9, a single shot rifle, a double barrel, an a sks (with a magazine kit)
Spoiler:
kar cm9Image
and this (with scope) Image
im hoping in the near future to get a tarus poly protector Image

and a ar-15
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

ZEB 99 wrote:
i currently have a kar cm9, a single shot rifle, a double barrel, an a sks (with a magazine kit)
Spoiler:
kar cm9Image
and this (with scope) Image
im hoping in the near future to get a tarus poly protector Image

and a ar-15
Do you mean that you are over 18, and have fully licensed/documented firearms?

If not, just say "my momme hez gun en I shood skrels in dee fosrte"
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

i mean i purchased the kar from one of my cousins friends, the single shooter was a Christmas present , and the sks i worked for most of this summer to get money to buy it from another of my cousins
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

go to gun range,idk, probably not gonna get a ar-15, bullets cost a lot more than 7.62x39
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

xCross wrote:
ZEB 99 wrote:
i mean i purchased the kar from one of my cousins friends, the single shooter was a Christmas present , and the sks i worked for most of this summer to get money to buy it from another of my cousins
Now I ask, what are you going to do whit an ar-15?
@ ZEB99 all I have is a Marlin 1894 in a .41 magnum but good god the ammo is fucking rare and expensive. I love that gun it is very accurate and packs one hell of a punch. If you want I can posst picture of my latest range visit, I was just screwing around then though.
@xCross I too plan to get an AR-15, and the most I'll do with it is go to the Range and 3-Gun competitions, self-defense is also a role in the rifle but thankfully I will most likely never need it for that.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Too bad, Vietnam doesn't allow people to carry guns, and all the country's arsenal is modified AKMs and Torakev TT-33s.
I'd love to have an AK-74M, maybe with extra bolt-on Picatinny rails for some attachments. For a sidearm, something reliable like a Glock or, for the sake of easy grip, a Government.(aka M1911A1 Goverment)
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

A glock is cheaper than a 1911 and backwards compatible(AKA you can use any gen glock parts with a newer \ older glock,
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Guns should be strictly regulated to keep them out of the hands of madmen, and open carry demonstrations only prove that point.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Guns kill people.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

But holding a 17-round magazine is harder than holding a 7-round magazine. But that's if I'm talking about the standard Glock; there's a version called 'Slimline' that is chambered for .45 ACP, and the magazine is single-stacked. Still, the Government is too badass to be forgotten. Or if not, maybe Browning Hi-Power.
That's all the old ones, really. So does anyone here owns a CZ75? Or Berettas?
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Guns should be strictly regulated to keep them out of the hands of madmen, and open carry demonstrations only prove that point.
I think starting at age 16 everyone should take mandatory psychology tests every 2 years (they must exclude political options) and that you get a certificate stamped on your official ID cards, also ban suppressors and fully automatic weapons (yet allow semi auto variants)

Also I'm OK with open carry if they aren't carrying a fucking rifle, it doesn't bother me if you got a pistol but a rifle is overkill
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

I mean those people out in Texas (hometown pride) who go to restaurants with their guns to make a statement or some stupid shit.
125 posts Page 1 of 9 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”