Firearm discussion (no politics)

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
125 posts Page 6 of 9 First unread post
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

On topic of 'firearm discussion', may I introduce an age-old discussion: Revolvers vs. Automatics.
I have never touched a gun before, so my opinion is worthless, by the way.
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

MrHaaax wrote:
On topic of 'firearm discussion', may I introduce an age-old discussion: Revolvers vs. Automatics.
I have never touched a gun before, so my opinion is worthless, by the way.
here is my take on it
Automatics:
whats not to love about these things shoot as fast as you pull the trigger and an ease to reload, maintenance might be more complicated, but who cares! you got more rounds than (most) revolvers and reload them twice as fast......but what if it jams? Two of the most common jams in existence the smoke stack (when the shell does not eject) and the Feed jam (when the mag fucks up and two bullets go into the chamber) require you pull the slide back (thats all you have to do to fix a smoke stack) and remove the mag (bye bye feed malfunction) reinsert the mag or replace it and your ready to rock again, that said those few seconds could cost you your life.
(also if you interfere with the slide its almost guaranteed to cause a smokestack)
Revolvers:
the good old fashioned wheel gun in most cases fires a bigger round than (almost all) Automatics most only have six shots but some have more such as the S&W TRR8, which has 8 rounds of .357 magnum ready to run in any case they will take longer to reload. Maintenance is breeze remove the cylinder/magazine and you are ready to get the tooth brush out! it will almost never fail to fire, but if it does it probably means that particular bullet is defective. so what do you do when that happens? you pull the trigger again, the bullet that didn't want to go boom will be move onto the next position in the cylinder. (I hope you guys are understanding what im saying here) the last thing about Revolvers is that you don't need extra mags , which could save your ass in the collapse of society.
draw ye own conclusions
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

What did you said about revolvers only apply to 'double-action' type, by the way. There're people who uses single-action(mainly for the easy trigger pull; DA cocks the hammer AND fire the bullet in one pull, but takes more time and force), so yeah. Not to mention 'automatic' revolvers, like the Mateba Model 6 Unica.
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I know but it was a long post as it was and I don't know a dam thing about automatic revolvers
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Semi-automatic, actually. Wasn't really clear on that. Light trigger pull of single-action combined with automatic hammer of double-action.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

no, the ones that used guns were farmers or non-samurai low-ranking soldiers since they were unreliable af by then. effective range was up to 80m-100m and the bullets could easily bounce off the armour, and an archer could fire around 15 arrows while a gunner would be reloading
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

yeah pretty much what zeka said. Guns were only used by peasants or lowly soldiers basically everywhere until the rifled barrel came along not because they were particularly effective unless in great numbers and condensed salvos, but because any dumb fuck could point the explodey hole at someone and pull the trigger, while a bow required training and practice since a very young age, to build up the muscles necessary for it.
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

with all due respect.....(im moving on as to whether or not Samurais used guns because thats not even the reason I want that shit)
Its not about the weapon the Samurai used, its the mentality. Bushido has seven virtues to it, they are the following. I will also explain how it translates to owning a gun.
Spoiler:
also for the record I want this gun for three main reasons most important to least 1.three-gun competitions 2.Range shooting 3. self-defense.
Spoiler:
I also think that any one who is in a Military of some sort or owns a weapon should follow some sort of code

I. Rectitude-the attribute that some ones actions are just I.E. just because you have a gun DOES NOT mean you can shoot any one you don't like
Spoiler:
FUCK YOU Zimmerman, you make us look bad.
but as I said in the second spoiler the main reasons for this investment is for fun, and I think everyone is entitled to enjoying themselves so long as their definition of fun (what they do to have it) isn't fucking crazy (like serial killers)
II.Courage-the willingness to comfort fear and danger I.E. ok this one doesn't apply to gun owners directly but instead everyone, we all should have at least moral courage to do the right thing. and for all the fuckin doomsday-preppers out their when shit finnaly does hit the fan and your telling us "I told you so" you guys of all people should have the moral courage to help people out, which leads to number III.
III. Benevolence/Charity-the willingness to help others I.E. having a gun doesn't mean looking out for numero-uno. IF you have a gun and lets say your friend has never shot one before and would like to shoot one at least once....well....whats it to you taking this mo-fo down to the range and helping a wish come true?
IV. Respect-the feeling of esteem of a person I.E.gun-owners should show some respect to other human beings. As far as we know we only have one life and everyone has a story. so don't be so trigger happy, (almost) everyone should have the right to live
V. Honesty- if I have to explain this one, look it up. I.E. again doesn't apply directly to gun owners, but people should be honest with their intentions. but if a gun-owner is in a self-defense situation s/he should honestly to answer the question "does this guy really deserve what im about to dish-out at them?
VI. Honour - the abstract concept entailing a perceived quality of worthiness and respectability I.E. making the right calls to use your gun, its a weapon not a tool
Spoiler:
unless if you rely on hunting for food and live in the middle of nowhere, in which case it is
VII. Loyalty- devotion to some thing I.E.loyalty to all the above virtues. for without this one virtue ,all of the above will mean nothing.
now some one explain to me why Bushido has no place in owning a firearm and if you will, explain it useing the seven virtues.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

honour
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

im thinking of getting a rossi ranch hand,
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... ategory/4/
444$ for one of those
its actually a dam good price
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

id be able to get the money for it fast then, the reason i want one is so i can have it in my pickup, you know, a shotgun is too long and a pistol is too short but a ranch hand seems like it would go well in a pickup,
also id prefer a model that fires .357
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

still affordable, also got to tour my high school today, they dont like for people to have anything in their cars, i cant even have my pocket knife in my car
Ozone
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

yea its a school, personally I wouldn't trip about it.
I can relate though one time me and my best friend were coming back from the range and my marlin 1894 was in the back seat. we went to the gas station to buy a pack of cigs and the cops were called on us by some one who noticed it.
no one got in trouble though.
125 posts Page 6 of 9 First unread post
Return to “The Lounge”