Poll/Petition to get Jdrew Banned

Doesn't quite fit anywhere else? Post here!
51 posts Page 3 of 4

Should Jdrew be banned?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:05 pm

64%
Yes
18%
No
19%
Don't Care

Total votes: 74

ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

Jdrew wrote:
It will still be very dramatic
Another person kills their self over AoS?
Battlefire
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

He's not gonna get banned. If you guys have have a problem than just ignore him. Nuff said.
Peanut
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Can you add boombear to the list too?
Henper
Post Demon
Post Demon

Peanut wrote:
rlly peanut? don't make this thread bigger Green_tongue
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

Peanut wrote:
Yes Blue_BigSmile
[RUS] Vlad01
League Participant
League Participant

I don't join much general AoS/clans forums, but I talked and played with jdrew several times, and he was ok.

So I vote no.
GamingFTW
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I may be dead.. but wut....
AEM
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

If he ends up being banned, he'll just make an alt account. Won't solve anything.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

AEM wrote:
If he ends up being banned, he'll just make an alt account. Won't solve anything.
IP bans
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Good thing proxies were never invented
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Good thing proxies were never invented
-Implying that Jdrew would have been that smart
Defaulter
Organizer
Organizer

Well nowadays I tend not to post on thread like these, because to be quite honest they will bring me nothing but trouble, but you do make at least an understandable argument MKU, and the least I could do would be to give an honest answer. Though I suspect you already know what I'll say, you aren't stupid.

Jdrew was a liability to the community (whether he is still or not, I will have to take your word, and so assuming he is I propose the following)

There are a few reasons why nothing has been done. I'll give them as ABC.

A) Time has shown that attempting to correct a member of this particular community through bans has proven counter productive in the long term, at first it gets rid of them very well, but not for long. They always come back, and come back with increased prerogative to cause harm, spamming, shit posting and just damn right refusal to lie down and die. So all the administration can try to do is negotiate and try to talk to them on a personnel level, of which (quite honestly) Danhezee is the only effective person at this, the others simply don't have the life experience

B) Lack of resources to sustain the punishment; evading bans here is as easy as anywhere else (simply put) if they want to come back they will, and no forum ban, blacklist or IRC ban is going to prevent that. Resulting in the only applicable solution which I discussed in section A).

C) What I hope will be the least likely, lack of administrations ability to enforce through lack of incentive to do so. TL;DR they don;t give a shit. Some may, some might not, but the fact is the community is dying, beyond our ability to revive it. With it the staff are also diminishing, loosing confidence in the community, and their ability to judge and effectively control a situation.
Gingerninjaperson
League Participant
League Participant

Cons of Jdrew being banned:
*Gingerninja will be sad

i mite kwit aos
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Defaulter wrote:
C) What I hope will be the least likely, lack of administrations ability to enforce through lack of incentive to do so. TL;DR they don;t give a shit. Some may, some might not, but the fact is the community is dying, beyond our ability to revive it. With it the staff are also diminishing, loosing confidence in the community, and their ability to judge and effectively control a situation.
More people are talking about that the community is dying. The question is, why there are still people around and keeping this "Ace of spades dedicated website" alive? Yes, if there are some problems in community, like this one, with Jdrew posting not very friendly and helpful comments, these problems can be called "dying." In my opinion, this community isn't dying, in fact, it's probably the most perspective PC-gaming community I've ever seen.
DanielG129
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

nothing like constructive criticism
51 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “The Lounge”