The "New Ace Of Spades"

If it ain't Spades...
115 posts Page 3 of 8 First unread post
Trio
Deuced Up

I have wrote why adding graphics is not hard.

1)no light
2)no shadows

3)I have made core of my own engine so

glBegin(GL_QUADS);

glVertex3f(-1,-1,0);
glVertex3f(-1,1,0);
glVertex3f(1,1,0);
glVertex3f(1,-1,0);

glEnd();

This is hard?? Ofcourse I do not use Textures where(much code).

Seriously you are not programmers so you do not understand anything.

Cube Base is hardest part because this is no array,this is stack.
Moghard
Deuced Up

Trio wrote:
This is hard?? Ofcourse I do not use Textures where(much code). Seriously you are not programmers so you do not understand anything.
I'm a programmer that uses GML, what's so hard to understand?
Also, using ASCII art in a shooter sucks.
Trio
Deuced Up

GML :) I use C++,WinApi, WinSock, OpenGL, OpenAl.

Can you understand that it is test?!

I have expected this reaction,I have seen it on other site. You want see ready project,you do not understand demos that link to ready game.
I have published this as proof that I am doing something. Next demo will be graphics+cubes+maybe terrain generator
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

What are you trying to achieve here? What game are you trying to make specifically?
Trio
Deuced Up

As I have said at start of the Thread I am making 3D game like AOS but textured,but more flexible.

Where are screenshots of optimized cube terrain.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

And what about particles? Animations? Do you have plans for those? Isn't this game supposed to be 3D? If it is, then you basically have to implement lighting. If it's 2D then why didn't you say so.

This isn't even a demo. There is nothing to demonstrate other than you know how to use printf.
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

it looks pretty cool, keep up the good work my dude.
Semper
Deuced Up

jdrew wrote:
Do you even know what you are doing?
I would like to see a screen shot of the game you were working on please? :D
give this guy a break, his English isn't that great but at least he's attempting to do something, let him do it.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Semper wrote:
jdrew wrote:
Do you even know what you are doing?
I would like to see a screen shot of the game you were working on please? :D
give this guy a break, his English isn't that great but at least he's attempting to do something, let him do it.
I quit working on my game til I have enough experince to show that I could even finish the project
Trio
Deuced Up

you know how to use printf

:) nice joke.But...I have used cout :)

I would like to see a screen shot of the game you were working on please? :D Unfortunately It is almost losed(They are at my old PC,I do not use)

WOW
I have found something
http://images47.fotosik.pl/619/58174bb2c381c3f4.png
Where guy change RAM and change score :)
It is 2 years old :),I have Used BlitzMax,And have not been very cool programmer,I have been starting programmer.

I liked BlitzMax because
1)It is no game constructor:write script,add textures and...ready game-to boring and unprofessional.
2)You seriously write game starting with 0 position(at start),but you do not need write engine like graphics and boring User Interface and loading textures.

But C++ is fully cool.And I love It.

And what about particles?
-It is sprites with bones in my engine :)
Animations?
-I have not tested it on transform models(i have not used it with models because i even change model format),but Test Triangles dance Blue_Sunglasses1
Do you have plans for those
-No comment
If it is, then you basically have to implement lighting
-I have Phong lighting(in demo yet),but it is for normal game,It need shaders(I use only OpenGL 3.3 and highter ).I am planing to user first full cube side lighting,but it is hard theme,I am thinking how to do it,because lighting use shadows,so I need calculate shadows for each changing of map,I am thinking how to optimize it.Als oI want add terrain that may crash(for example you can destroy tower by destroying it's foundation)
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I could barely read your post.

BUUUT the one thing I did catch was you are using OpenGL 3.3. I guarantee you more than 70% of the people on this forum don't have graphics cards that support OpenGL 3.3
Trio
Deuced Up

So I can not use shaders for them,so I need use OpenGL 1.1 for them,so I can not make good lighting:) The most realistic with OpenGL 1.1 will be just vertex lighting,but it is shit,I like fragment shader.

And... As I have counted,size of a map of AOS is ~560*560

Because I have my own optimized terrain,each column(column of blocks) will use ~30bytes,so I can make Map with size 2000*2000 with 120mb memory usage. I will use size of cube=0.6m,so map will have size 1.2km vs 300m of AOS. It is more creative.

I like people who know something like you guy:) I hate when people say "shit" but they do not know anything about programming

I have had hard work today,and here is result.I have almost rewrote full engine(I have not tested animation and have not added some functions yet)
https://plus.google.com/photos/11482862 ... ntrc-tvdBg

I will test animations and add some functions and maybe will add render of cubes.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Don't pay attention to what others say, you and your game have future! One thing: make official modpacks, so people would not be lost in mods, such as new weapons and stuff. If you need sounds, take mine from my mod section (you will probably need the original owner's permissions). And don't make static ironsights, please make freeaim and possibility to see my own body from 1st person camera (legs when looking down etc.). Good luck and motivation, I hope you suceed!
P.S. Do you really need 1.2km?
P.P.S. OpenGL 3.3? If I'll have to upgrade my hardware, I will play much better games. Please go back to at least 1.4 or make it backwards compatible.
Trio
Deuced Up

make official modpacks
I am planing to make special files like wood.block,stone.block,that describes characteristics of blocks, rifle.item,grenade.item,that describes characteristics for items(weapon,etc), turret.building,wall.building that describes building characteristics. each characteristic use script,based on events. When you make map,you just mark items,blocks,buildings,teams you want to use,and it include to map. So each map have full mod pack. Then you launch map on server,it do scripts and playing. Then user download map,he download columns of map,download models,sounds,textures of weapon(If it will have a lot of size,I will Add cash of server blocks,items etc like cash in browser,so user do not need download it again),But user do not get scripts,that are private for user.

Maybe I will add that If Map Will have too much size(120mb is really much),he will download only visible part,and then he will play,he will download other parts of map.

Do you really need 1.2km
If user want
Please go back to at least 1.4 or make it backwards compatible
I have it in my engine,but it is slower than shaders because operation vector*matrix work faster on Video Card,than processor.
But OpenGL 3.3 have shaders,that will make this operation on Video Card so it is faster. But I will use 1 OpenGL because this game do not need good graphics,and vector*matrix operation needs just for animating models,so it wont be so slow
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

You seem to think you need to use OpenGL 3 to use Shaders. Shader support was implemented into the official OpenGL standard in OpenGL 1.5.
115 posts Page 3 of 8 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”