The "New Ace Of Spades"

If it ain't Spades...
115 posts Page 1 of 8 First unread post
Trio
Deuced Up

Hello guys.

I am game programmer.
Who are going to make new game like ace of spades?

I am going make game like ace of spades 3 years :)
There is the history

In 2009 I have started playing CS2D (www.cs2d.com). I have loved this game for map editing and making. Some time i have started make LUA scripts for this game,and next..I have hated this game :)

I have started learning BLITZ3D, and have started make game like CS2D but 3D. I was very noob then,but I have made something.
After It i have learned BlitzMax and have made 2 games. Next I have learned C++ and using DGLE2 have made 1 and olmost have made 1 physics game.

After It i have hated DGLE2 :) and have started make my own 3D Engine for C++
now i have made it 60% I Think,60% that need for so easy game like Ace of spades:I do not need laggy shadows,difficult graphics and shaders,but i am going add OpenGL shaders and I am going make My engine crossplatform.

Now I am working to attempt to university,really good university,so I am very busy yet.

Here is what I have made in my Engine,note that Ace Of Spades or Minecraft needs special edition of 3D game engine(for cubes or voxels)
Core 80%
3D 40%(without shaders 70%)
2D i have not yet,but of course 2D is large easier then 3D so It is really funny and fast to make.
Sound(70%)-i need add ogg loading,wav yet (
Net(20%)-I have learned winsock(linux sockets are similar to windows sockets ),so I need just make interface.

Also Engine Have/Will have:
Special format of models,loading png,jpg,bmp,ogg,wav.

Also Engine Have script language like squirrel(!) ( squirrel-lang.org )

----About Game----
Game will be modable with squirrel scripts,you can make your own weapons,teams,change gameplay,buildings,maybe bots,etc
Game will have cubes like in AOS:60cm size,but will have materials:stone,wood,etc and will have own different healths or will be unbreak able. Also i want add protection for griefers (just do not break 3 blocks of your teammate for each health).
some blocks may be buildings.
Map will be packed in file as columns (1*1*256 blocks,with compression):
100blocks of stone,12 of dirt,45 blocks of air,23 blocks of stone etc. But I am thinking how to make fast voxel map,bit i think it will be like column stacks.

Buildings:turrets,spawners, teleports,guns etc

-----

I think you will like it. Add your ideas here.
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

Maybe it's just me but aren't there enough Minecraft and Ace of Spades clones in the world already? What I am trying to say is this. There are at least two projects that are sort of doing this already. Why reinvent the wheel?

You might want to go take a look at Project Iceball. Also check out Subversive Takedown. And then maybe go check out Gnomescroll. All three are projects by longtime AoS players and forum members.

I'd also warn you that you're on dangerously thin ice when you come on here and talk about being a "game programmer" and not actually linking to anything that would offer any proof that backs up this claim.
Trio
Deuced Up

My old projects are on my old PC,i do not want take on it ogain,it lag... so lag that my new computer is in 1000 powerer.

Thanks for links to my competitors. but have not even seen games that was i want. I am looking.

No no minecraft clone,seriously I hate minecraft for kids,hard boring gameplay and regular wipes:you build,com there next day and...oh no,nothing in the word.and i hate minecraft for really interesting lags,and PING 1000-4000

About Engine.
Do you do not want see console messages,you wonna see ready project :)
Trio
Deuced Up

And... I forgot to say that i really hate pixelart. I am thinking about other style,not hard like lowpoly(too hard for making mods) and not used styles. My game will have fast gameplay I like,and form Ace Of Spades just 3D world.
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

You make very little sense. I know English probably isn't your first language, but that just looks like a bunch of random gibberish. You hate pixel art? Well, then why are you here? To refer to the other people's creations I linked you to as competitors? I think that's presumptuous. Personally, I think you're probably a fake programmer. A wanna-be-Notch. Good luck with that.

If I follow what you are attempting to communicate here, you hate Minecraft, you hate pixel art. But you want to rip off the basic ideas and make them into a more realistic 3D polygon-based game? I don't think you probably even understand what a voxel is much less have the skill to create something original. Using a game construction kit or writing scripts for a 2D CS ripoff doth not a developer make.

But, hell, I'll humor you. Are you, perhaps, familiar with the Voxel Farm Engine project?
Trio
Deuced Up

No no i do not mean other creators my enemies. We just do games similar each other. I am not from English speak country,i have very difficult and different English language,but great language,in 100 times more flexible then English.

I think Notch is noob,I can not believe how he can make so much bugs and stupid ideas. For example,then you have large ping beacon's ray rotate by steps for 30 digress.it mean server send message about ray's rotation.Why? Anybody is interested it's rotation? Why to send it and make traffic? It is really stupid.Ray need rotate on client side.

Why here? I play Ace Of Spades since 0.74. It is Interesting. But I still hate pixelart. CS2D have pixelart? No,but i like it(I hate it because i hate it's developer). Anybody thanked why Ace Of Spades and Minecraft have cubes? It is just because it is the easiest way to make build and destroy+easy for AI and physics game. I think Notch like Polygons more then Cubes,but he need make so.
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

So now you're dissing the English language? Oh, now I see... you're from Russia. Not that I have anything against Russia. Well... I just understand that it's one thing to talk shit about Notch (maybe he is a noob... but he's a very wealthy one) but it's another thing to actually make a game. That is, as opposed to listing a bunch of things you'd have in your imaginary game.

I'm apologize if I come off as being a bit harsh with you. It's nothing personal. We have a saying here in the United States. "Put your money where your mouth is."
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

it sounds pretty cool, I'm interested in seeing your project sometime soon
Trio
Deuced Up

Buffet_of_Lies
nice joke ),image yourself,I am genius in my school for English ) Nobody do not know it:) I do not see to make with game difficult,the most difficult are collisions for shoots and physics of destroying(but it is the graph). And ofcourse the bugs

Priok
I hope it will be nice,i believe it. Wait news after first half of summer.

It is not hard to write the game,It is hard to learn OpenGL,OpenAl,WinAPI,WinSock,etc... but I have already made it :)
Trio
Deuced Up

Wow priok is russian. Priok do you like Stalker? Do you know Pripiat? Chernobil-2 etc?
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

HOLY SH*T! Stop double posting. Sorry it just pisses me off. Green_D'oh
Space Inspader
Deuced Up

Buffet_of_Lies wrote:
So now you're dissing the English language? Oh, now I see... you're from Russia. Not that I have anything against Russia. Well... I just understand that it's one thing to talk shit about Notch (maybe he is a noob... but he's a very wealthy one) but it's another thing to actually make a game. That is, as opposed to listing a bunch of things you'd have in your imaginary game.

I'm apologize if I come off as being a bit harsh with you. It's nothing personal. We have a saying here in the United States. "Put your money where your mouth is."
He said it was 100 times more flexible. He didn't say it was bad. Blue_Happy3
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

If it's really is 100 times more flexable than it is bad.
Vucgy
Deuced Up

Last edited by Vucgy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffet_of_Lies
Mapper
Mapper

I'm pretty certain it never will get made. Except maybe with Lego.
115 posts Page 1 of 8 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”