If it ain't Spades...
48 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
RevenantX
Deuce

Work In Progress: AceOfSpades 0.75 map support:
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

looking nice. I tried it for a couple of minutes but then gave up cause my max framerate was 15fps. Either it's cause of the game or it's cause I have a shitty computer, but then again, shouldn't an FPS like this have low PC requirements?
RevenantX
Deuce

bloodfox wrote:
looking nice. I tried it for a couple of minutes but then gave up cause my max framerate was 15fps. Either it's cause of the game or it's cause I have a shitty computer, but then again, shouldn't an FPS like this have low PC requirements?
In current build used not optimized shader and some not optimized things.
In next build there will be settings windows with graphics settings. And more optimizations at all.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

RevenantX wrote:
Work In Progress: AceOfSpades 0.75 map support:
Now you can put Hallway up there, lovely.
Check out the final version of Hallway.
LeCom

@RevenantX: just ignore the post above, that map is likely to be very shitty because it is a remake of a very shitty map and maybe even simply a joke.

Your game still doesn't work on Linux ("crashing while executing code from a native library or mono"; the GDB trace doesn't clearly show it but it looks like libmono.so is the culprit). I tried it on Windows and it looks ok for a game in its alpha/beta stadium. It's bloated as heck (1.5 times larger than Dwarf Fortress), but there's probably nothing you can do about it since you decided to use c# and Unity. Well, at least the framerate is fine, and you said you can increase it even further, so it's an acceptable tradeoff.
One thing that disturbs me is how the screen is filled with stuff. Maybe you could add some option for a more compact UI? (note: more compact as in "smaller symbols" and not as in "just omit 90% of everything" like in openspades).
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

LeCom wrote:
@RevenantX: just ignore the post above, that map is likely to be very shitty because it is a remake of a very shitty map and maybe even simply a joke.
Hallway isn't too bad, otherwise people wouldn't play it.
This just shows how disconnected from the game the forum community is.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

no that's called going mainstream and we know mainstream fucking sucks
LeCom

Lincent wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Hallway isn't too bad, otherwise people wouldn't play it.
This just shows how disconnected from the game the forum community is.
So you would also say that Justin Bieber is a good musician just because there's a shitton of girls who want to fuck him?
PS. actually you should have said that, bloodfox
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

LeCom wrote:
So you would also say that Justin Bieber is a good musician just because there's a shitton of girls who want to fuck him?PS. actually you should have said that, bloodfox
Yeah and Voxel War is a good game.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

P.S. you should of said that bloodfox...? wat
longbyte1
Deuced Up

Are you making this game just for fun, or because you have a specific audience in mind?

Also, Unity Green_Devil1
RevenantX
Deuce

longbyte1 wrote:
Are you making this game just for fun, or because you have a specific audience in mind?

Also, Unity Green_Devil1
I am making game for fun. And i love Ace Of Spades and want create something similar but with improvements.
Also Unity good engine in good hands. I have 5 years experience in gamedev and know what i am doing.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

RevenantX wrote:
longbyte1 wrote:

Also, Unity Green_Devil1
I am making game for fun. And i love Ace Of Spades and want create something similar but with improvements.
Also Unity good engine in good hands. I have 5 years experience in gamedev and know what i am doing.
Will I be able to have a Hitler skin like Blockstorm?
Anyway in the future when you leave tell us why, okay thanks.
snipars
Deuce

is this still alive or is it a dead project?
cuz i would love to try it tho Blue_Normal
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Lincent wrote:
Will I be able to have a Hitler skin like Blockstorm?
Anyway in the future when you leave tell us why, okay thanks.
Anyway in the future when you leave tell us when, Lincent. Pls n thnk u
48 posts Page 2 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”