BlockField

If it ain't Spades...
48 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
RevenantX
Deuce

BlockField

Hi all! I am making voxel shooter like Ace Of Spades (classic) with some Battlefield-style features (like sqads).
This is very early alpha version. Many features not exists.
Server supports up to 64 players (maybe more :) i didn't test)

Team
RevenantX(this is me) - All code and shaders
Extruder - Art
ResThoughtless - Art
We are looking for cool UI and/or Weapon designers.

Development started at October 2014

Technologies
Client engine - Unity3d 5
Server - Mono 4 C#
Network Library - LiteNetLib
Json - LiteJSON
GUI - NGUI

Killer features
Good network code (interpolation and other multiplayer things).
Good Anti-Lag network system.
Anti-Speedhack system.

In future
Player sqads (like in battlefield).
Minimap.
Simple player classes (Assault, Medic, Support)
integration of AntiCheat system.

I want test server load. And listen to your feedback about game. Propose new features that you want to see in new versions.

IRC
#blockfield on quakenet

Downloads (Windows x86/x64, Linux x86/x64, Maс x64)
http://blockfield.net/files/
Last edited by RevenantX on Fri May 13, 2016 10:20 am, edited 8 times in total.
LeCom

So you're using Unity and C# and needed more than a year to get to this point? This makes me doubt the success of the technical part of your project. Moreover, this community is dead and you should post it on reddit or 4chan or something.
Your x86 Linux binary executable is invalid. I don't even really know how you can make it run on Linux if it's using Unity and Unity isn't available on Linux, but it doesn't work anyways, so... k

EDIT: still, good luck.
RevenantX
Deuce

LeCom wrote:
So you're using Unity and C# and needed more than a year to get to this point? This makes me doubt the success of the technical part of your project. Moreover, this community is dead and you should post it on reddit or 4chan or something.
Your x86 Linux binary executable is invalid. I don't even really know how you can make it run on Linux if it's using Unity and Unity isn't available on Linux, but it doesn't work anyways, so... k

Unity available for linux.
In terminal do: chmod a+x blockfield_002_linux_x86
then run ./blockfield_002_linux_x86 or open from your file browser

> So you're using Unity and C# and needed more than a year to get to this point?
I am doing this game at free time. I don't have many free time :)
LeCom

RevenantX wrote:
LeCom wrote:

Unity available for linux.
In terminal do: chmod a+x blockfield_002_linux_x86
then run ./blockfield_002_linux_x86 or open from your file browser
Oh I see. Never even thought about this.
Now it says "There is no data folder"... Even though it finds its path and stuff.
RevenantX
Deuce

LeCom wrote:
Now it says "There is no data folder"... Even though it finds its path and stuff.
Do you extracted all files? There must be near executable folder blockfield_002_linux_x64_Data
LeCom

RevenantX wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Do you extracted all files? There must be near executable folder blockfield_002_linux_x64_Data
Nvm I must have fucked up something trying to run the file. Now I downloaded it again; it starts, but after the "Made with Unity | personal edition" fades out and 1-2 seconds pass, the window closes and the console says "Aborted". Another weird thing is that in the "Input" tab of the configuration window, after the normal controls, the option for "cancel" repeats itself several hundred times, so I have a huge list of the same thing, like here: Image
RevenantX
Deuce

LeCom wrote:
RevenantX wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Nvm I must have fucked up something trying to run the file. Now I downloaded it again; it starts, but after the "Made with Unity | personal edition" fades out and 1-2 seconds pass, the window closes and the console says "Aborted". Another weird thing is that in the "Input" tab of the configuration window, after the normal controls, the option for "cancel" repeats itself several hundred times, so I have a huge list of the same thing, like here: ...
This controls doesn't affect game input. I will remove this window (i think) in next update.

And about crash. Can you send me log file? Path is ~/.config/unity3d/RevenantX/Cubeguncraft/Player.log
Priok
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

cool game

some small things I think you should change:
-remove crosshair when aimed(and make proper iron sights for the pistol)
-reduce spread on the shotgun a bit
-maybe increase movement speed(if maps are going to be bigger)

keep up the good work
RevenantX
Deuce

Priok wrote:
cool game

some small things I think you should change:
-remove crosshair when aimed(and make proper iron sights for the pistol)
-reduce spread on the shotgun a bit
-maybe increase movement speed(if maps are going to be bigger)

keep up the good work
Ok. Thank you. That will be implemented in next build.
LeCom

Oh didn't know about this hidden log file. Basically "blockfield_002_linux_x86_Data/Resources/UnityPlayer.png" is missing. I fixed this myself by inserting a white .png file with that name. But there's a new problem: http://hastebin.com/lasuqerako.txt
(or did I do something wrong replacing the missing file?)
RevenantX
Deuce

LeCom wrote:
Oh didn't know about this hidden log file. Basically "blockfield_002_linux_x86_Data/Resources/UnityPlayer.png" is missing. I fixed this myself by inserting a white .png file with that name. But there's a new problem: http://hastebin.com/lasuqerako.txt
There is no need for strage file UnityPlayer.png. Its not documented, not used and it works without that file (never heard about this).
I tested on Manjaro Linux x64 and all works as expected.

I can't reproduce crash. So can you write information about your hardware (gpu model), Linux distro name (and version), video drivers used? And get more complete stacktrace by using
Code: Select all
strace -o ~/game_stack_trace.txt ./blockfield_002_linux_x86
LeCom

RevenantX wrote:
LeCom wrote:
There is no need for strage file UnityPlayer.png. Its not documented, not used and it works without that file (never heard about this).
I tested on Manjaro Linux x64 and all works as expected.

I can't reproduce crash. So can you write information about your hardware (gpu model), Linux distro name (and version), video drivers used? And get more complete stacktrace by using
Code: Select all
strace -o ~/game_stack_trace.txt ./blockfield_002_linux_x86
Well, I have no other explanation for your game crashing with ONLY that error message in the log - when I put the .png file there, it crashes too, but the log then shows what I sent you.

I have Debian Jessie, my GPU is an "Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset". I'm using standart/default video drivers, video configuration is default as well. OpenGL runs fine. When exactly the same PC had Windows running, Unity definitely worked on it. Complete stacktrace appended as attachment.
Attachments
~stacktr.txt
(4.13 MiB) Downloaded 307 times
RevenantX
Deuce

There will be new update soon. Things included:
Increased movement speed.
Bullet tracer movement fixes.
Settings window (sensitivity, sound volume, shaders).
New game mode and new map.
And some minor fixes.
And i hope newer versions of Unity3d (5.3.1) will fix linux crashes.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

This looks like a better version of Blockstorm.
Also where is the field; all I see is two forts?
RevenantX
Deuce

Now creating maps a little difficult. Maybe in next or some future update i will add editor mode.
In new update(that will come soon (2-3 january i hope)) i created new bigger map.
48 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Other Games”